Price Of A 2Tb Drive?

endure

Anyone know the price of a 2TB drive in Chiang Mai? I shall be up there tomorrow and am looking for recommendations. I know that prices are going up but a mate of mine who lives there very recently bought a 1TB for 2200bt which is less than half the price that's being asked in the UK at the moment.

I bought a 2TB drive in the UK about 2 months ago for 59 quid. The same supplier now wants £250 for the same thing!

We priced them at Computer City and Panthip for a 1 TB. Best price was near 3k baht for a 1 TB at Panthip...until we thought to go to Big C.

Got an Acer with a 3-year warranty, 1 TB, for 2,299 baht total yesterday. Hadn't considered that it might be marked up due to the floods, but we're pretty happy with our purchase.

I didn't look for 2 TB, but I reckon it is cheaper, here, even with the flooding.

I bought a 2 TB Western Digital internal 3.5'' SATA-3 (64MB.Green) harddisk for just 2550 baht on the 15th of October this year - just 3 weeks ago.

I don't remember the name of the shop, but it was in the little mall called CM Computer - marked on the map in the attachment.

The price might have gone up since then, though...

post-105405-0-28251600-1320586129_thumb.

I bought a 2 TB Western Digital internal 3.5'' SATA-3 (64MB.Green) harddisk for just 2550 baht on the 15th of October this year - just 3 weeks ago.

I don't remember the name of the shop, but it was in the little mall called CM Computer - marked on the map in the attachment.

The price might have gone up since then, though...

post-105405-0-28251600-1320586129_thumb.

Wow! Is it USB 3.0? And is the power supply USB?

A useful resource to check "ballpark lowball" price figures for various computer hardware is thanni dot com (English available); they are in Bangkok.

In considering an HD purchase, to be used in Thailand, I'd think seriously if it were worth an extra 2k baht or so to have a model that has a 5 year warranty, rather 3, or 2.

~o:37;

I sure hope the OP purchased his hard drive already, since at Tukcom in Pattaya, yesterday 8/11 , not one shop would sell me a Hard drive unless I had them build me a complete system

Banana IT had both Seagate and Western Digital's in their display case but would not part with them at any price

I sure hope the OP purchased his hard drive already, since at Tukcom in Pattaya, yesterday 8/11 , not one shop would sell me a Hard drive unless I had them build me a complete system

Banana IT had both Seagate and Western Digital's in their display case but would not part with them at any price

Took your advice and went buying today. Only Banana had any in stock at all and they sold me a 2TB WD for £100 (5000bt). If I'd waited till I got back to the UK and bought it the cost would have been £215!