What Is An Ex-pat?

Thomas_Merton

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>Do you agree?

No;

Please tell us where you are before being critical of others.

Ok, Mr. Mattnich, you are a moderator on Thaivisa Forum – a position of some authority and even more power.

You have made several serious allegations towards me in for the last 3 hours or so.

Two of them you made in a closed forum. I challenged you to prove them. You have not been able.

Now I challenge you in open forum to prove where in this thread I have been "critical of others".

Then the "others" perhaps can judge whether you ought to reconsider your position as a moderator.

I don´t know how technical of an expat I am.

I´m not registered, or rather, I´ve "checked out" of my birth country and my country of citizen ship. I´m not registered to vote or pay taxes in either, though I have been in the past. (well, at least the taxes part)

I´ve lived on this latitude (guatemala - Central thailand) for five years now, and don´t see myself returning.

I receive NO money from my countries of origin.

I have no banks back there either, anymore.

I earn my living here. Day by day. Lose my job and I have no alternative sources, nor any savings at the moment.

Does that make me an expat?

I think by many definitions - Yes.

Makes you a border line dirt bag.

Er... Ok. Would you care to use your other braincell to explain that comment, smart arse? :o