What Are The 'Golden Rules' Of Advice For Tourists?

snamos

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try never to make a complete idiot of yourself twice in the same way.

After all, there's always all kinds of new ways to make a complete idiot of yourself. :rolleyes:

This is probably the best advice available to any one, learn quickly in LOS and yes making an idiot of yourself is very easy!!

yelling "Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi" at the top of your lungs,with a Singha singlet on and clutching a long neck of beer in your hand, whilst staggering down Bangla road, is not funny or patriotic, it is downright embbarrasing

yelling "Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi" at the top of your lungs,with a Singha singlet on and clutching a long neck of beer in your hand, whilst staggering down Bangla road, is not funny or patriotic, it is downright embbarrasing

but very common :lol: :lol:

Yes unfortunately , especially when the singlet ends up in the other hand. What is it that drives males to remove cloths publicly when drunk?:blink:

If you take a girl out of the bar while holidaying here, don't fall in love with her and buy land.

Its got me absolutely stumped why people do this...I wouldnt buy a house or land for a woman back home...why would I do it here?

There is a great quote from an Australian movie called "Kenny".

Kenny: [advice on getting married] Cut out the middle man; find someone you hate and buy them a house.

If you take a girl out of the bar while holidaying here, don't fall in love with her and buy land.

Its got me absolutely stumped why people do this...I wouldnt buy a house or land for a woman back home...why would I do it here?

There is a great quote from an Australian movie called "Kenny".

Kenny: [advice on getting married] Cut out the middle man; find someone you hate and buy them a house.

Sorry I am sure some one will understand the comment from a film called Kenny, why would you buy some one a house you hate????

Ah found it a cult film from the 60's can it be bought here?

Sorry I am sure some one will understand the comment from a film called Kenny, why would you buy some one a house you hate????

Exactly...point being, when a relationship ends you end up hating the ex wife and handing over the house keys, because the court instructs you to...Cutting out the middleman is exactly what a lot of Falangs do here, buy a bargirl a house..inevitably they lie,cheat and steal...the guy hands over the house keys to someone he ends up hating.

Golden Rules on marriage and houses:

#1 Dont get married to a western women in Falangland as she will end up with the house and (everything else including your pension fund) and get a 'rich divorcee socialite' tag. The guy will be labelled a 'bum'

#2 Dont buy bar girls houses, unless you a prepared to buy someone that you will eventually hate a house

Ah found it a cult film from the 60's can it be bought here?

2006 film...just download it off the net...its very funny

but very common :lol: :lol:

Yes unfortunately , especially when the singlet ends up in the other hand. What is it that drives males to remove cloths publicly when drunk?:blink:

I would assume wearing a singlet, also called a "wifebeatershirt", is to display tatoos, and taking it off is to become even more attracting :rolleyes:

but everyone I know find it disgusting. some bar girls like it tho, cause it smells fresh off the plane :whistling:

Exactly...point being, when a relationship ends you end up hating the ex wife and handing over the house keys, because the court instructs you to...Cutting out the middleman is exactly what a lot of Falangs do here, buy a bargirl a house..inevitably they lie,cheat and steal...the guy hands over the house keys to someone he ends up hating.

Golden Rules on marriage and houses:

#1 Dont get married to a western women in Falangland as she will end up with the house and (everything else including your pension fund) and get a 'rich divorcee socialite' tag. The guy will be labelled a 'bum'

#2 Dont buy bar girls houses, unless you a prepared to buy someone that you will eventually hate a house

#3 When splitting up with a girl, make sure she leaves owning a house and a car, so you can continue living happily and safely in Thailand :D

or catch the first flight outahere

Every time i mention Phuket no one wants to go. They say Fun City is nearer , and more variety , and the Ferangs are the same as at Home , rich in one area, bums in another. Thats from a Thai Car Renter at the Airport... Them and Us is clear to him ,so he recons. Is that the case.?.

Every time i mention Phuket no one wants to go. They say Fun City is nearer , and more variety , and the Ferangs are the same as at Home , rich in one area, bums in another. Thats from a Thai Car Renter at the Airport... Them and Us is clear to him ,so he recons. Is that the case.?.

I have never come across a them and us attitude here, every Thai I have ever met has been great, I said in a previous post if you have an inbuilt attitude problems will always follow you, maybe this is the type of person the renter man is referring to..

oohch, was in Patts only 3 weeks ago, hadnt been there for 42 years when I was 7, planned to stay for 3 nights but just couldnt, what a dump, managed to pick up this bike tho, back to the beauty of Prechuap KK :)

post-81971-0-76131800-1320908454_thumb.j

back on topic, advice for tourists would be, get out of the Patong ot Pattaya ghetto and experience a beatiful Phuket and a wonderful country :)

oohch, was in Patts only 3 weeks ago, hadnt been there for 42 years when I was 7, planned to stay for 3 nights but just couldnt, what a dump, managed to pick up this bike tho, back to the beauty of Prechuap KK :)

post-81971-0-76131800-1320908454_thumb.j

back on topic, advice for tourists would be, get out of the Patong ot Pattaya ghetto and experience a beatiful Phuket and a wonderful country :)

Looks like a Kawasaki? yep Patong and Pattaya 2 very nasty places unless you are a sex tourist, falling down drunk or just a yob!!! my opinion !!!

I have never come across a them and us attitude here, every Thai I have ever met has been great, I said in a previous post if you have an inbuilt attitude problems will always follow you, maybe this is the type of person the renter man is referring to..

He was refering to Europeans being snobbish with each other, not Thais . The driving there is worse than most , and the nice areas are expensive compared to Patts better areas . Again his take. Id like to visit anyway.

He was refering to Europeans being snobbish with each other, not Thais . The driving there is worse than most , and the nice areas are expensive compared to Patts better areas . Again his take. Id like to visit anyway.

Sorry got the wrong end of the stick, I visited Pattaya one time, would never go back it was nasty, but lots of people love the place just like Patong, up to them!!

Don't go to phuket zoo if you hate to see animals being mistreated.

Not just PZ, any animal attraction is just horrors for the unfortunate creatures locked up in it. For tourists, advise you please stay away.

If you're a sex tourist go to Cambodia or Viet Nam where the women are just as young, smiles are more genuine and the xenophobia is of a lesser extent. If you aren't willing to marry an Isaan sex worker and support her extended family, Thailand would rather you just deposit the funds at the airport and turn around and go home. And if you really knew of the safety standards - you'd run screaming...

For families, tourists Malaysia is a far better destination, much much safer and really more natural beauty that isn't trashed beyond belief as TH is.

The weather is better in Phuket, always a cool breeze where I am and I like it to live, OK

Edited by LivinginKata
off topic comment & link removed

Don't go to phuket zoo if you hate to see animals being mistreated.

Not just PZ, any animal attraction is just horrors for the unfortunate creatures locked up.

For tourists, advise - please stay away Go to Cambodia or Viet Nam where the smiles are more genuine and the xenophobia is of a lesser extent If you aren't willing to marry an Isaan sex worker and support her extended family, Thailand really would rather you just deposit the funds at the aiport and turn around and go home. And if you really knew of the safety standards you'd run screaming...

I v never noticed ANY safety standards in Cambodia or VietNam. Here in Thailand at least there are some ;)

But what else can the bogan lad do? Whistling 'Waltzing Matilda' with no teeth must be very tricky. ;)

Embarrassed Australian? :unsure: ....mmmm...not possible...