Landing In Bangkok Nov 21St - Where Should We Stay?

saksiri

I don't know about a place to stay in Bangkok but I think that you need to keep a close watch on the flood situation. Accordng to the laws of physicsthe water is moving south andthe airport is between where it is now and the ocean and is built o reclaimed swampy land, hence the nickname Swampy. There is a 3.5 meter dyke surrounding Swampy, but if it is breached Swampy will flood and it will take a month of Sundays to pump iit out. If you listen to the Thai officials everything is going to be fine, but they are blowing smoke out of their A--es. My house has been flooded now for three weeks and its not getting any better. The water level is now up to 1.5 meters. I suspect that it will be late November before I can get back in. If you can change your arrival point to either Chaing Mai or Phuket you would be better.

but they are blowing smoke out of their A--es.

The origins of 'blowing smoke up your ar@e' relate to the old practice of using a pipe, inserting it up one's rectum and blowing smoke up it, in the hope it would revive a person suffering from drowning.

Rather apt I might suggest.

Re: Changing arrival port

That's a good idea. I wonder if Korean Air flies into Chiang Mai or Krabi?

and you could have saved the time to post by simply checking their own booking system?

From here- CMai (if i have to believe the printed leaflets) 1/week or so-direct.

Oh-and even if you still decide to go via BKK-change/transit or stayover-then there really is no need to book NOW for that long before. At the airport is also hotelbooking-and as a snazzy webfriend Korean most likely you will know how to do that. Tons of empty beds.

Korean has direct flights to Chiang Mai from Seoul.

If you have to transfer in China, there is China Eastern.

Also, if you can fly to Singapore or Kuala Lumpur there are direct flights to ChiangMai.

However, there are multiple flights to Chiang Mai from BKK daily so you should be able to make a transfer at BKK.

As for Krabi, unless you are using KUL or SIN as a hub, then you will have to transfer in Bangkok to get to Chiang Mai.

and you could have saved the time to post by simply checking their own booking system?

From here- CMai (if i have to believe the printed leaflets) 1/week or so-direct.

Oh-and even if you still decide to go via BKK-change/transit or stayover-then there really is no need to book NOW for that long before. At the airport is also hotelbooking-and as a snazzy webfriend Korean most likely you will know how to do that. Tons of empty beds.

What is the hotel booking you mention in BKK. are the Guesthouses near the Grand Temple all closed. Any idea what the prices are these floody days - going up /down?