Postal Service Disruptions Due To Floods?

kennalder

Yes indeed and so is post within Thailand. I've been waiting 5 and 6 weeks now for 2 packages (registered Airmail) to arrive from 2 locations in Germany while another from the USA is going on 5 weeks now also. We just today received a registered package from Bangkok which was sent 16 days ago.

I was told by the Post Office that I use regular for Business that customers around the world should expect up to 7 weeks for parcels to arrive from Thailand instead of the usual 4 weeks. Saying that a big shipment I sent 2 weeks ago has just arrived in the UK, but the one I sent on the same day to the US hasn't arrived yet. I think its just pot luck at the moment. I am also waiting on a letter from Spain that was posted on the 20th Oct and hasn't arrived at my P.O box as of this morning.

Shouldn't really be much difference with overseas mail as it's all flown from CNX to Swampy and on from there. Same coming the other way.

EMS & registered mail normally goes by road (or rail?) via Lamphun - at least according to the online tracking.

Edited by MESmith

My own airmail-letters to/from the UK have been delayed, understandably given the floods & general disruption, for the past several weeks.

Having only 1-2 deliveries per-week, in our village (10 km from Chiang Mai), also doesn't help.

Shouldn't really be much difference with overseas mail as it's all flown from CNX to Swampy and on from there. Same coming the other way.

That is not true as another poster pointed out. It goes by truck to Lamphun, is sorted there, then trucked on to Bangkok.

I stand corrected. However; doesn't seem to have affected my mail from UK. Still arriving between 5 and 10 days and we are still getting daily deliveries in our Moobahn.

Has anyone elses Paypal account been withheld do to the floods?

Mines fine I just used it this morning. Can't see why the floods would make a difference to an online banking service???

I would assume he means taking cash OUT of paypal into a Thai bank..

Of course it wouldnt stop payments out of paypal to others, but the payment to Thai banks admin is in BKK (I presume).

Has anyone elses Paypal account been withheld do to the floods?

Mines fine I just used it this morning. Can't see why the floods would make a difference to an online banking service???

I would assume he means taking cash OUT of paypal into a Thai bank..

Of course it wouldnt stop payments out of paypal to others, but the payment to Thai banks admin is in BKK (I presume).

No, not at all. Working just fine.

Are the people who replied about Paypal normally buyers or sellers with accounts originating from what country? Ebay has sent emails to sellers regarding the Thai floods and to tread carefully when shipping items abroad from Thailand. Some are getting hit with 21 day Paypal waiting periods before funds can be withdrawn to a Thai bank account.

In typical TV form, some just don't get it...

Are the people who replied about Paypal normally buyers or sellers with accounts originating from what country? Ebay has sent emails to sellers regarding the Thai floods and to tread carefully when shipping items abroad from Thailand. Some are getting hit with 21 day Paypal waiting periods before funds can be withdrawn to a Thai bank account.

In typical TV form, some just don't get it...

In answer to your question, yes I am a normal buyer and seller making approximately 20 transactions everyday, some on ebay some through my website and like I said in my previous post im having no difficulties at all. My paypal is registered in Thailand as is my Ebay. I have a verified business account with Paypal rather than a normal account so this may have something to do with it who knows.