PM Yingluck Says No Cabinet Reshuffle Now

Lite Beer

Rikkie # 30

You ever been prime minister, there is a saying " the best captains stay on land" it is easy to be the critic, i would like to see how you do in this situation.

Another saying is all water run's to the sea, be glad by getting your feet wet nid noi you relief the people who are up country.

I think Yingluck did a very good job till now and i am not a politician. Just get your feet wet and help the people around you, talk and blabla or gossip will not help your Thai neighbor's remember we are still a guest in this country so act like it and be polite and helpful !!!

Got a house full of affected family and renting more accommodation for others.

How do you know I am a guest ?

Might be I have more right than you to be here.

Actions speak louder than words cheap rhetoric proves nothing. Good commanders lead by example and lead from the front

Edited by siampolee

Certainly the science minster who supposedly did certain mathematical calculations to justify not releasing the water from the dams, should be sacked to say the least if not imprisoned for criminal negligence!

Actually he should probably be promoted for supporting the idea of synchronised boat propellers whirring presumably in a counter-flow direction to reverse the threatened flooding process.

This has been far and away the government's champagne moment so far and more imaginative than might have been anticipated.

Ahh but coming soon he will announce

'Propeller Usage: Version 3':

Put all the engines and propellers on stands positioned above the water so the downdraught will dry all the water as it arrives under the propellers.

Just like putting a damp shirt in front of your fan at home to dry it quickly.

Edited by scorecard

Rikkie # 30

You ever been prime minister, there is a saying " the best captains stay on land" it is easy to be the critic, i would like to see how you do in this situation.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Another saying is all water run's to the sea, be glad by getting your feet wet nid noi you relief the people who are up country.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">I think Yingluck did a very good job till now and i am not a politician. Just get your feet wet and help the people around you, talk and blabla or gossip will not help your Thai neighbor's remember we are still a guest in this country so act like it and be polite and helpful !!!

<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">

Got a house full of affected family and renting more accommodation for others. How do you know I am a guest ?

Actions speak louder than words cheap rhetoric proves nothing.

then you are a lucky one at least you have property, what you can not say about most of people here. So stop wining, if you want to be a critic just apply for a job at channel three.

if you are a foreigner you always be a guest here don't tell story's to yourself and let the thai people do there own politics.

As i told wining will not get the water away, i rest my case.

Rikkie # 30

You ever been prime minister, there is a saying " the best captains stay on land" it is easy to be the critic, i would like to see how you do in this situation.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Another saying is all water run's to the sea, be glad by getting your feet wet nid noi you relief the people who are up country.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">I think Yingluck did a very good job till now and i am not a politician. Just get your feet wet and help the people around you, talk and blabla or gossip will not help your Thai neighbor's remember we are still a guest in this country so act like it and be polite and helpful !!!

<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">

Got a house full of affected family and renting more accommodation for others. How do you know I am a guest ?

Actions speak louder than words cheap rhetoric proves nothing.

then you are a lucky one at least you have property, what you can not say about most of people here. So stop wining, if you want to be a critic just apply for a job at channel three.

if you are a foreigner you always be a guest here don't tell story's to yourself and let the thai people do there own politics.

As i told wining will not get the water away, i rest my case.

whining about visa rules doesn't help much, either...

some more stupid rules will make this country really a third world country

It is a testament to the whole meltdown in progress that there is talk of a cabinet reshuffle before 3 months are in the jar.

I think you need to read the initial post again. She cleared up rumors that there would be a cabinet reshuffle, saying there won't be any. There was never a talk of a cabinet reshuffle except from maybe trolls who seem to get off on posting lies.

I read it perfectly. Seem you don't understand it.

Well guess what, she wouldn't have felt a need to say anything if there was no talk, other than trolls.

Get real, some cabinet members are showing total incompetence, others want a piece of the pork pie sooner than later, and will slash at other cabinet members discretely, in the hopes they fall and the new guy slides into their seat. The whole adds up to lots of backroom talk moving to the front room now.

yes tourism is at a high wright now 5555 some more stupid rules will make this country really a third world country, but still love it because my best friend is police Major 5555

One feels that it should be asked who or what is the fount of information

Indeed the voice of experience that is able to comment so fully on the political situation in Thailand.

The government and its handling of flood related matters is a total disaster as is the Puppet Prime Minister thus inflicting more pain and suffering on the flood victims.

The government and the Prime minister, well, " they don't care and the public don't matter."

We should really stop reporters from asking awkward questions, very annoying indeed. There should be a law against it, don't you think <_<

it's not an awkward question to ask if there there is going to be a cabinet reshuffle in the middle of a flood crisis, it's just pretty dim.

obviously she's not going to say "yes we are working on a reshuffle now"....cos then you'd have "she should be concentrating on the flood's"

if she say's "we're not working on a reshuffle now"....then you have the "oh so you think ye did a perfect job of it and it all went rosily"

and because the question was asked... you have the "she's talking about cabinet reshuffle's in the middle of all this"

it's as tiansford described ie the journalist creating the story out of their question... regardless of response

Or,

one of the reporters 'sources' is a out of cabinet pol, who asked him to ask the question, in exchange for keeping the info gates open to said reporter in future. Now the backroom talk is broached publicly. An age old political tactic.

Edited by animatic

To be fair to the poor girl, she can't even find the greater majority of them as they seem to have headed to the hills. Also they never seemed to take notice of her either whistling.gif

Example: Where's chalerm and where's her ex relative the new national police chief.

Strange that there has been zero mention of either person for about one month.

Chalerm and the police chief are supposedly focused seriously:

1. On drugs, has nothing happened for a month?

2. On looting of industrial and private premises, has nothing happened? CAnnot be true, so why are the public not being informed?

Strange that chalerm who loves the limelight is so quiet.

Strange that the new national police chief who surely knows that their is criticism about his appointment is not looking for some / any opportunity to show that he is doing something.

Two days ago Chalerm was appointed to chair a committee about "Security and Traffic". This happened about the time his house would have been flooding.

I suspect a PR effort because so many had been asking; " Where's Chalerm?" So he can say he was doing something and not have to comment on the situation too much.

alexkap.

Read my post then think about that which was said and also the ------ whistling.gif

siampolee.

Read my post then think that she'd lost ANY face in my own eyes.

Too much lies, Im sorry.

I no need such of liar as PM.

"Bkk is safe"..."Don Muang is safe"..."FROC will NOT ever relocate from DM"..."The flood will never come to inner Bkk"..."The flood in inner Bkk will be minor"..."The FROC will never relocate at their 2nd time"...."PLEASE BE PATIENT"....3RD WEEK of such "news", w/o any improvements!!!!!!...F-off!!!

Get lost (for her).I'm still paying my taxes, so I can say that : pls do NOT interfere while locals help each other. It is MUCH more efficient than all of your govt, froc-frac and so on. Just fly to DXB and stay away of this all for a while.

Just get your feet wet and help the people around you, talk and blabla or gossip will not help your Thai neighbor's remember we are still a guest in this country so act like it and be polite and helpful !!!

My feets not dried for 3rd week FYI. Should I get em even wetter?

And "to be helpful"....to who? Noone here, just a few guards per moobaan watching for the looters, that's all I see.

All of common people just abandoned their places, as it is impossible to stay (no electricity, no tap water, noo food, no any help, no LAW).....and only the distant chants "Please be patient...please be patient" could be heard.

What is the purpose of "being patient" in my situation? What is the purpose to chant that from the news - how could ppl "being patient" even longer, when half of Bkk is under water now (ahh, "Bkk is 100% safe!!", I forgot another mantra)....

Hail YS!!! Be patient!

Edited by alexakap

alexkap.

Read my post then think about that which was said and also the ------ whistling.gif

siampolee.

Too much lies, Im sorry.

"Bkk is safe"..."Don Muang is safe"..."FROC will NOT ever relocate from DM"..."The flood will never come to inner Bkk"..."The flood in inner Bkk will be minor"..."The FROC will never relocate at their 2nd time"...."PLEASE BE PATIENT"....3RD WEEK of such "news", w/o any improvements!!!!!!...F-off!!!

Get lost (for her).I'm still paying my taxes, so I can say that : pls do NOT interfere while locals help each other. It is MUCH more efficient than all of your govt, froc-frac and so on. Just fly to DXB and stay away of this all for a while.

Just get your feet wet and help the people around you, talk and blabla or gossip will not help your Thai neighbor's remember we are still a guest in this country so act like it and be polite and helpful !!!

And "to be helpful"....to who? Noone here, just a few guards per moobaan watching for the looters, that's all I see.

All of common people just abandoned their places, as it is impossible to stay (no electricity, no tap water, noo food, no any help, no LAW).....and only the distant chants "Please be patient...please be patient" could be heard.

What is the purpose of "being patient" in my situation? What is the purpose to chant that from the news - how could ppl "being patient" even longer, when half of Bkk is under water now (ahh, "Bkk is 100% safe!!", I forgot another mantra)....

Hail YS!!! Be patient!

First: i feel for you in your current situation. I have no idea how you feel ('though maybe I will soon) but I imagine it to be unbearable, to say the least.

BUT...please tell me what other parties (not meant politically) have done for you, that you bash the PM for telling you to be patient?

I am elated that there is no plan for a reshuffle as that indicates the same cards would go back into the deck. The present deck of minsters seems to include an unusually high number of jokers, thus a complete new deck should be brought into the game. Make sure it has a tamper proof seal on it.

The potential player list is probably few in number, but this is fairly common here. They will depend on new tourist/fish for their game. May be hard for the house cut to be split between the high number of shills.

A new deck is not likely. Remember that those with party list seats were asked to resign them (literally to get more bums on seats!), so we are stuck with them.

BUT...please tell me what other parties (not meant politically) have done for you, that you bash the PM for telling you to be patient?

Soldiers (army) provide free shuttle army cars to everyone. Totally free for all, no any "tickets" or "transportation fees".

They also provide shuttle boats. Not often, but still. Say, 1 round in da area in 2hrs - those who keep staying already learnt the schedule.

And the common locals - most helpful in the area. Just a common poor thai ppl around - they organized their own boats, selling food at the dry spots, etc.

That's all.

Govt? Ahh, I remember I once saw a one white helicopter flying fast in da distance around 2 weeks ago...Was that the one you calling "the current govt help"?

Soldiers (army) provide free shuttle army cars to everyone. Totally free for all, no any "tickets" or "transportation fees".

They also provide shuttle boats. Not often, but still. Say, 1 round in da area in 2hrs - those who keep staying already learnt the schedule.

And the common locals - most helpful in the area. Just a common poor thai ppl around - they organized their own boats, selling food at the dry spots, etc.

That's all.

Govt? Ahh, I remember I once saw a one white helicopter flying fast in da distance around 2 weeks ago...Was that the one you calling "the current govt help"?

You didn't quiet get my point.

The govt. is telling you to b patient; who tells you something else or who logically COULD tell you something else?

The Army provides shuttle and your neighbours lend a hand. Nice!

But there is not only Bangkok to be "helped"! 1/3 of Thailand is under water...and I guess "patience" is the best thing that anyone can have.

Don't get me wrong: the govt. (and govn.) help plan is either very badly excecuted or non existant. But I doubt, that anyone could give a different advise than "be patient"!

That's all.

You didn't quiet get my point.

The govt. is telling you to b patient; who tells you something else or who logically COULD tell you something else?

The Army provides shuttle and your neighbours lend a hand. Nice!

But there is not only Bangkok to be "helped"! 1/3 of Thailand is under water...and I guess "patience" is the best thing that anyone can have.

Don't get me wrong: the govt. (and govn.) help plan is either very badly excecuted or non existant. But I doubt, that anyone could give a different advise than "be patient"!

The truth is being patient is all that can be honestly said. the water isnt going away in a few days as it is still makings its way down from places that have been flooded for weeks or months.

There is no plan. There never has been a plan. The water flow is huge. There is a huge city surrounded by walls in the way and the flow is too much to pass through it in a managed way and it is too huge for the attempted unmanaged paths. The industrialization of Bangkok and surrounds, the building of flood defences for a city with little regard to what it meant for surrounding areas, the it will never happen attitude, the filling of a huge flood plain, and often the natural resevoirs of that plain with industrial estates and huge housing complexes with drainage systems designed for average annual rainfall were just never considered and along with the societal changes from the mid 90s when central BKK still flooded and people accepted it but were then promised no more floods by a succesion of local leaders have all just magnified this. Then throw it into a heavily divided country where the addressing of inequality is increasingly demanded

That was just a sarcasm (about "being patient"). Of course I am not.

But there is not only Bangkok to be "helped"! 1/3 of Thailand is under water...

and I guess "patience" is the best thing that anyone can have.

Im not in Bkk. And the water came here long ago the current soap here on TV and TV (television)

Just FYI.

And we are "being patient" just toooo long now. 3 weeks, and counting, and no any good news in sight.

We (being patiently soaked here) no need advises. We need urgent actions - as well as those up north or down Bkk.

Everyone able to give advises while sitting at their armchairs. Me myself can give you a hundred advises within next 10min (starting by "Be patient!"). But hey, how about patiently pumping the water out of my house/moobaan/province?? Noone seems doing that for weeks. Only useless advices and other govt verbal crap and blahblahblah.....60% of Bkk have not listening it today - too busy with sandbags. Soon there will be noone free to listen to advises.......and when the water gone, all of them will start questioning your beloved PM about the price of the advises instead of urgent actions. Believe me. And I'll join them too.

Edited by alexakap

alexkap.

siampolee.

Too much lies, Im sorry.

Hail YS!!! Be patient!

Community always take care best. The army though are working under the government, so that is as in any country with disaster relief part of government assistance, and usually the main avenue of government provided assistance

Government to face grilling on botched flood control

Some 70 Democrats have lined up to grill the government on botched flood control, chief opposition whip Jurin Laksanavisit said on Monday. The grilling will take place in connection with the budget debate from Wednesday to Thursday followed by a general debate on Friday.

Jurin said the Democrats will focus on the flooding situation as reflected by the 2012 Budget Bill. "The Bt120 billion recovery spending might not be sufficient for rectify the flood damages," he said.

He said the government opted to squander funds for populist schemes at the expense of rebuilding efforts in the wake of flooding.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-11-07

Govt to face grilling on botched flood control

Considering the current situation , "Water boarding." might be more apt.laugh.gif

Water-Boarding-By-Plane-Funny.jpg

Edited by siampolee

Some 70 Democrats have lined up to grill the government on botched flood control, chief opposition whip Jurin Laksanavisit said on Monday. The grilling will take place in connection with the budget debate from Wednesday to Thursday followed by a general debate on Friday.

Jurin said the Democrats will focus on the flooding situation as reflected by the 2012 Budget Bill. "The Bt120 billion recovery spending might not be sufficient for rectify the flood damages," he said.

He said the government opted to squander funds for populist schemes at the expense of rebuilding efforts in the wake of flooding.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-11-07

Hopefully the debate take place in a good spirited manner and useful ideas will come of it. If the Dems just use it to attack PTP and Yingluck, the response will inevitably be an attack on the Dem BMA which is a nice target to go down well with a lot of PTP voters and it will all degenerate into nothingness except everyone agreeing with side they like.

That was just a sarcasm (about "being patient"). Of course I am not.

But there is not only Bangkok to be "helped"! 1/3 of Thailand is under water...

and I guess "patience" is the best thing that anyone can have.

Im not in Bkk. And the water came here long ago the current soap here on TV and TV (television)

Just FYI.

And we are "being patient" just toooo long now. 3 weeks, and counting, and no any good news in sight.

We (being patiently soaked here) no need advises. We need urgent actions - as well as those up north or down Bkk.

Everyone able to give advises while sitting at their armchairs. Me myself can give you a hundred advises within next 10min (starting by "Be patient!"). But hey, how about patiently pumping the water out of my house/moobaan/province?? Noone seems doing that for weeks. Only useless advices and other govt verbal crap and blahblahblah.....60% of Bkk have not listening it today - too busy with sandbags. Soon there will be noone free to listen to advises.......and when the water gone, all of them will start questioning your beloved PM about the price of the advises instead of urgent actions. Believe me. And I'll join them too.

Not my beloved PM and if you just are here to be ranting your frustration away...that may be your godgiven right. Sorry that I mistook you for someone who wanted to contribute to the subject.

All the best for you!

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-11-07

Hopefully the debate take place in a good spirited manner and useful ideas will come of it. If the Dems just use it to attack PTP and Yingluck, the response will inevitably be an attack on the Dem BMA which is a nice target to go down well with a lot of PTP voters and it will all degenerate into nothingness except everyone agreeing with side they like.

If PTP just uses it as an exercise in excuses-maximization for their abysmal response to the flood and stonewall legitimate questioning of its many shortcomings and stalling the removal of some of the incompetents in the Cabinet, it will go done as a whitewash of their inadequacies and lose the support of a lot of PTP voters.

Regarding the budget side of the debate, hopefully the PTP can come up with something concrete on their desire to spend 800 Billion Baht on the New Thailand Plan. Actually having a plan for the Plan would be a good start.

Edited by Buchholz

The army though are working under the government

Not in Thailand. I bet you're here not long, aren't you?

The very last thing TH govt needs here is the army going out of their barracks and "take care" of something.

Especially this one govt.

Not my beloved PM and if you just are here to be ranting your frustration away...that may be your godgiven right. Sorry that I mistook you for someone who wanted to contribute to the subject.

So do I.

PS: the nice things might look so ugly if you change dry side of view - to a wet one. Things could even be seen in opposite means, believe me. "A man with a full belly thinks no one is hungry", you know. Tell this to PM.