Visa / Passport Questions

Hi all

Been a while since I posted here !

I'm currently working in India , my family are also here - Wife from Thailand and Son 13 - born in the UK.

We are considering moving to Thailand ( again )

I have 2 questions :)

1. My Son is a UK citizen - Born in UK - he has a Thai Birth Certificate - from the Embassy in London.

Can he enter the Kingdom on his UK passport and apply for a Thai Passport in Thailand - or does he have to return to London and

apply there? ( as London is his amphur I guess this may be the case )

2. I have several job offers/interviews - If I enter the kingdom on a Tourist Visa ( from Chennai I guess ) - and receive a job offer, can

I progress the Visa/Work application in Thailand - or would this prove difficult?

Essentially I would rather not return to the UK as we are so close to Thailand - and I have had enough of India to be honest.

If we need to return first I guess we will fly from here and go onwards after the correct documentation has been obtained.

I used to know all of these answers when I was a Mod here, but time has not been kind to my memory :)

Thanks in advance

Chon

Edited by chonabot

1. Passport would be easier outside of Thailand I believe as only the report of birth would be required - inside will require registration on home register first - but main thing is you have the Embassy birth paper so should not be a real issue. But he may have to make exit/return to legalize his status as Thai here at some point.

2. I would get a non immigrant O visa for entry as that should be easy to obtain and if work is found it normally allows a work permit to be issued and extension of stay on basis of marriage is normally more secure than job.