cdnvic

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

0745: Pahon Yothin - Klong Bang Sue

Just back from a personal tour of the front line here. The water is still held up north of the Bang Sue canal. It is about 20 meters short and not showing any signs of making it over the (4-foot; 120cm) hump in the road where it crosses the canal.

But it may not have to. The klong itself is running fast and high from east to west (towards the Chao Praya river), and one low-lying shack on the southern bank is shipping water. But this shack is itself about a meter below road level, so those are the margins we're dealing in here.

There are plenty of Thai army personnel and 10-ton trucks lurking about.

To sum up: BTS Saphan Kwai, Paolo Memorial Hospital, Big C and the Saphan Kwai intersection remain dry. The front line holds.

morning all

north east i would like to report lam luk ka khlong 4 down again 7 days 2 cm a day = 14 cm total.

rode my super scooter from number 9 outer ring road down to fashion island, all clear.

then on to my school somapa , behind fashion due north about 2 km, not so bad ad the school it has peaked , so the school area is doing the same thing as lam luk ka , ie goes up 7 days stops for 2 , then i hope it will start going down ,

best news of the day i can ride my scooter out of the complex at lam luk ka with out the water being to high, and having to get off and push the 1/4 mile to the road

worst news of the day now i have to get off the bike near my school to push it as water is deep in the soi of the school.

good luck to everyone on this beautiful day,

sleep well smoking joe, you earned it.

Edited by scott1999

Korat -> Phuket on Sunday

I live in Korat and have a flight on Orient Thai from Bangkok to Phuket about noon on Sunday. My original plan was a three hour bus ride from Korat to Don Meuang early Sunday morning to catch the noon flight. But now Orient Thai departs from Suvarnabhumi and the bus takes 6+ hours.

I don't see any easy way of doing the trip in one day now.

Am I correct in assuming that my best bet is to travel to Bangkok on Saturday, spend the night and then catch my flight on Sunday?

My daughter who is at Stamford University reports that for the last two days the road has been flooded at Hua Mark Station railway crossing on Srinakarin road which is 200metres from the Patanakarn Intersection. Also water has been coming out of the drains occassionally at the corner of Srinakarin and Soi Onnuch (South bound)

post-13653-0-07907800-1320803562_thumb.j

Here in Don Muang the water seems to be decreasing by a rate of two inches per day, not sure if this is due to the big bag or if there were no big bag then would it go down faster. The water is still about 3 feet in the soi outside my house.

morning all

north east i would like to report lam luk ka khlong 4 down again 7 days 2 cm a day = 14 cm total.

rode my super scooter from number 9 outer ring road down to fashion island, all clear.

then on to my school somapa , behind fashion due north about 2 km, not so bad ad the school it has peaked , so the school area is doing the same thing as lam luk ka , ie goes up 7 days stops for 2 , then i hope it will start going down ,

best news of the day i can ride my scooter out of the complex at lam luk ka with out the water being to high, and having to get off and push the 1/4 mile to the road

worst news of the day now i have to get off the bike near my school to push it as water is deep in the soi of the school.

good luck to everyone on this beautiful day,

sleep well smoking joe, you earned it.

Good news. Thank you for your daily update scott1999

snapback.pngMikeyIdea, on 2011-11-07 14:15:57, said:

2011-11-07

I am following North-Eastern side of Ratchada - Suttisarn closely as I live near by

The sois straight east of Chao Phraya Hotel on Ratchadaphisek Rd toward Latprao 48 are slowly flooding, I drive the sois every morning and evening to monitor.

The flooding increase stadily but not with more than 7-8 cm per 24 hours since Friday morning. Monday morning 3-4 cm up compared to Sunday evening

2011-11-08

Did the same trip this Tuesday morning, water up but only some 3 cm since yesterday evening. The 2 sois just to the East of Ratchadaphisek Rd just South of Chao Phraya hotel are now too high for motorcycle taxis

2011-11-09

Did the same trip this Wednesday morning, water up but only some 2 cm since yesterday evening

I live in Korat and have a flight on Orient Thai from Bangkok to Phuket about noon on Sunday. My original plan was a three hour bus ride from Korat to Don Meuang early Sunday morning to catch the noon flight. But now Orient Thai departs from Suvarnabhumi and the bus takes 6+ hours.

Am I correct in assuming that my best bet is to travel to Bangkok on Saturday, spend the night and then catch my flight on Sunday?

Just talked to my friend who goes BKK-Korat-BKK every weekend. You can make it in about 4h. Rent a pick-up fr. Budget at Tesco-Parking and go:

Korat - Kabin Buri - Panom Sarakum - Chachensao and by motorway to Survanabhumi. You can return the pick-up there.

If you decided for the bus then beter go on Saturday. Last week my friend was 10h on the bus.

Saphan Khwai

0915 9/11/11

The water is still north of Klong Bang Sue on Phaholyothin Rd and water coming from the Mochit direction is still flowing into the klong on the western side of the bridge over the klong but the flow seems to have reduced slightly from yesterday.

Only trucks and buses seem to be coming southbound on Phaholyothin Rd north of Klong Bang Sue. Northbound small vehicles are being directed into the first soi on the left on Phaholyothin Rd after crossing Klong Bang Sue. Pick-ups, buses and trucks are being allowed to go north to the Kamphaeng Phet junction.

The U-turn just north of Klong Bang Sue is negotiable by small cars but with care.

Yesterday Klong Bang Sue at Phaholyothin Rd was up to 1.05 on the DDS website and went down to 1.00 overnight. This morning around 0800 the klong went quickly up to 1.03.

Water is still seeping into Soi Nuan Keao, the last soi before Klong Bang Sue on the eastern side of Phaholyothin Rd. The amount of water does not seem to be increasing.

Phaholyothin Rd south of Klong Bang Sue does not have any water including the Saphan Khwai Big C and BTS areas. There is one manhole still leaking a small amount of water just north of the BTS on the eastern side of Phaholyothin Rd but I did not see any water leaking from drains in the area.

The small soi near the temple at the end of Phaholyothin Soi 15 did have a small flood on Sunday near the temple at the end of the Soi but there was no water there at 0915 today.

Someone posted that flooding was right up to Suvaranaphumi airport - Was there late yesterday evening

Totally dry everywhere I could see and business as usual. No proper parking available so parking outside departures for half an hour as long as not pulling the handbrake of course is OK and standard procedure

Here in Don Muang the water seems to be decreasing by a rate of two inches per day, not sure if this is due to the big bag or if there were no big bag then would it go down faster. The water is still about 3 feet in the soi outside my house.

not sure where you are in Don Muang, but does anybody have any news about the water along Dechatungha ?

My daughter who is at Stamford University reports that for the last two days the road has been flooded at Hua Mark Station railway crossing on Srinakarin road which is 200metres from the Patanakarn Intersection. Also water has been coming out of the drains occassionally at the corner of Srinakarin and Soi Onnuch (South bound)

GM Link

post-120659-0-51956400-1320807873_thumb.

Just talked to my friend who goes BKK-Korat-BKK every weekend. You can make it in about 4h. Rent a pick-up fr. Budget at Tesco-Parking and go:

Korat - Kabin Buri - Panom Sarakum - Chachensao and by motorway to Survanabhumi. You can return the pick-up there.

If you decided for the bus then beter go on Saturday. Last week my friend was 10h on the bus.

excellent advice. the normal 6.5 hours trip from my town in Isaan to bangkok is now 17 hours. Plus the chatuchak-morchit area is now becoming problematic with flood waters starting to appear there. i have to go in two days but my route by bus will be Khon Kaen - Khao Yai - Pattaya - Suvarnabumi - rail link - downtown bangkok. coming back home I found a cheap flight from the airport to Udon for 1200 baht by air asia. well worth the price to avoid the hassle and extra hours. good luck.

Edited by Fookhaht

0745: Pahon Yothin - Klong Bang Sue

Just back from a personal tour of the front line here. The water is still held up north of the Bang Sue canal. It is about 20 meters short and not showing any signs of making it over the (4-foot; 120cm) hump in the road where it crosses the canal.

But it may not have to. The klong itself is running fast and high from east to west (towards the Chao Praya river), and one low-lying shack on the southern bank is shipping water. But this shack is itself about a meter below road level, so those are the margins we're dealing in here.

There are plenty of Thai army personnel and 10-ton trucks lurking about.

To sum up: BTS Saphan Kwai, Paolo Memorial Hospital, Big C and the Saphan Kwai intersection remain dry. The front line holds.

GM Link

post-120659-0-37174100-1320808564_thumb.

not sure where you are in Don Muang, but does anybody have any news about the water along Dechatungha ?

I am around Chang A Card Utit, but I have had a similar a report for Song Prapa Road.

Someone posted that flooding was right up to Suvaranaphumi airport - Was there late yesterday evening

Totally dry everywhere I could see and business as usual. No proper parking available so parking outside departures for half an hour as long as not pulling the handbrake of course is OK and standard procedure

GM Link

post-120659-0-31041700-1320809412_thumb.

Raminthra Soi 23 update. Water level seems to have peaked Sunday. Down about 5cm since then.

Quite the commercial boat taxi service has sprung up, centered at Soi 19. Totally analogous to the motorcycle service on dry land. 60 baht per person. Gotta admire the resilience of that Thai entrepreneurial spirit! :jap:

Anyone can share information on the road between

Pak Kred / Bang Pa In Highway and than especially the part

between the end of the highway connection to the '9' going

to Bang Pa In or any other way to follow to Ayutthaya???

Raminthra Soi 23 update. Water level seems to have peaked Sunday. Down about 5cm since then.

Quite the commercial boat taxi service has sprung up, centered at Soi 19. Totally analogous to the motorcycle service on dry land. 60 baht per person. Gotta admire the resilience of that Thai entrepreneurial spirit! :jap:

GM Link Catch your water-taxi right cheer. Flood tours will be next.

post-120659-0-82913300-1320811162_thumb.

seconded...

im planning on traveling north

any suggestions about the roads going from BKK-Phitsanulok - that is (if i remember correctly) the #43 highway and the #1

a friend who took the bus said the roads are clear. anyone know how the goings are?

seconded...

im planning on traveling north

any suggestions about the roads going from BKK-Phitsanulok - that is (if i remember correctly) the #43 highway and the #1

a friend who took the bus said the roads are clear. anyone know how the goings are?

On the #1 between Don Muang and intersection Bang Na you can expect a 5 (five) hours delay

I had that three times now, hence my question for an alternate route since #9 is closed off

at Lam Luk Ka

Edited by jumbo

Does anyone know about the situation just north of the Big Bag barricade? Anyone close enough to tell for sure whether waterlevel is rising (how much), stable, or falling (how much) ?

I don't have information for specific areas north of the BB barricade. I do follow this chart and it gives an idea about how much water is at Klong 1 (Chulalongkorn Gate) on the Rangsit Canal. The water levels are dropping.

http://www.rangsit.org/flood_report_day/allshow_report.php

Does anyone know about the situation just north of the Big Bag barricade? Anyone close enough to tell for sure whether waterlevel is rising (how much), stable, or falling (how much) ?

From Dr. Seree's presentation last night @8:40 PM on Thai PBS, it's falling 2-3 cm/day north of the BBB (line of MSL readings along top of attach., most recent on left), with a total (east/west) of 7.22 x 106 m3 (large white figures at top [how did he arrive at those numbers?]) to come down. There were many more details given in the presentation, but the focus was below and regarding the north/south-running BBB, not to the north of it.

The BBB is the dark red horizontal/vertical line passing eastward through the South Premprachakorn water gate and going south from there.

post-120659-0-38624100-1320814842_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov