Bangkok Governor Blamed On Flooding Mismanagement

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, Thaksin Shimwatra was a shining example of law and procedures. If any head of government in a REAL lawful country just did a tenth of the shit he did, that person would have been impeached and/or imprisoned. Here he thrived. Coups are justified if the judiciary and the legislature can't and won't remove a corrupt government,

There are laws and procedures that control what a government can do, in addition there are elections to determine which parties can form the next government. Works pretty well the world over.

They work pretty well everywhere else, just not here. Hence we need the Army and coups.

They work equally well in Thailand. That a party that you don't support has won all general elections since 2000 does not mean that those elections don't work

Simple problem management in most Western countries:

1. Identify problem
  2. Find Fix or workaround for problem
  3. Implement fix or workaround
  4. Define how to prevent problem happening again

Problem management Asian style:

1. Find someone to blame
  2. Hope problem goes away :whistling:

I guess I am seeing a lot of posts on this forum from asians...........all apportioning blame, and very little, if any effort, allocated to the four problem management ideals you place in the 'westerners' camp........didn't realise we had so many asian members

You expect solutions on TV forum....... hmmmm. Like the OP i was of course referring to the actions of government officials,

My mistake of course "problem management Asian style" could only refer to government officials.........thank you for your clarification, would that include all Asian governments in your generalisation or just Thailand?

Would you care to help me out with another question

Why does the western style 'management' appear to be failing the populace in Finanace management,crime prevention, and healthcare? to name but a few......the "define how to prevent the problem happening again" appears to be missing........thinking of drugs and violent crime for instance, or perhaps the repetitive economic tumbles?