PM Yingluck: Tap Water Drinkable Despite Floods

webfact

Outside I have two big filters for all water, 5 micro and then carbon.

At the sink I have for cooking, drinking and Ice a second carbon and at last a UF-Membran thats filters most Bakterius but not minerals like Ro.

Now I have problem to buy a new one, so I look for good ceramic filter.

Every year I clean the whole watersystem with Stoneremover and Desinfection, the big Filters must change all 6 months.

No more bad smell, and good feeling too. when you see my old Filters, you will run to the next shop to buy one...:whistling:

And now, I can help my neighbours with good water, make people happy.

Edited by spirit47

Boiling and filtering water does not get rid of nasty chemicals in the water. It just kills bacteria. Insecticides, poisons like mercury and lead can still remain in the "water". Boiling and filtering water does NOT purify it. It just kills bacteria

And some microorganisms release poison when boiled and killed, which can also be harmful!

I would like to send an open invitation to Yingluck to come to Saphan Soong and taste my tap water! It is so stinky that I smell better before I shower!!!

I'm not sure why people are criticizing the PM for this. I'm sure that the water quality is OK after boiling it.

Also, this refers to the MWA quality, so outside of BKK isn't addressed.

Why? Because everything that has come out of her mouth since this crisis began has been either wrong or a big fat lie.

Boiling and filtering water does not get rid of nasty chemicals in the water. It just kills bacteria. Insecticides, poisons like mercury and lead can still remain in the "water". Boiling and filtering water does NOT purify it. It just kills bacteria

I believe you're correct about what boiling typically will accomplish.

But re filtering, quality water filtering units (and I'm not talking about paper coffee filters here) CAN remove most of the kinds of ingredients you mention above, provided they're designed to do so in the first place and properly maintained by the user...

But it all depends on the design of the filtering unit, and what kind of filter elements used...

Of course, it also goes without saying that it certainly helps to have cleaner water going into the filter in the first place.

If I were living in a non-flooded area now that faced the risk of future flooding, I'd certainly be stocking up now on tap water and/or bottled water so that I'd have a multi-days supply of decent quality water on hand...in case the tap variety gets particularly bad down the road.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

But re filtering, quality water filtering units (and I'm not talking about paper coffee filters here) CAN remove most of the kinds of ingredients you mention above, provided they're designed to do so in the first place and properly maintained by the user...

But it all depends on the design of the filtering unit, and what kind of filter elements used...

Of course, it also goes without saying that it certainly helps to have cleaner water going into the filter in the first place.

If I were living in a non-flooded area now that faced the risk of future flooding, I'd certainly be stocking up now on tap water and/or bottled water so that I'd have a multi-days supply of decent quality water on hand...in case the tap variety gets particularly bad down the road.

You are wrong my friend.

Filters do not remove chemicals which are actually dissolved in the water. Bacteria, dirt, organisms are not disolved in the water they are suspended in it.

Do an experiment then. Dissolve some food colouring into water. Put it through your filters. You will find your water still coloured after filtration

You are wrong my friend.

Filters do not remove chemicals which are actually dissolved in the water. Bacteria, dirt, organisms are not disolved in the water they are suspended in it.

Do an experiment then. Dissolve some food colouring into water. Put it through your filters. You will find your water still coloured after filtration

No you are wrong my friend. If you use a small micron filter and then a carbon filter after it, the carbon filter will remove most of the chemicals in the water (the carbon binds the chemicals in the water and removes them and it depends on the quality of the carbon). Food colouring is a little different as its not in an ion form like most chemicals are dissolved in water (so it won't bind to the carbon). Read some chemistry on carbon filters.