Thai Child Settlement Advice

hi all, i am in the process of applying for a settlement visa for my soon to be thai wife, but we are also going to apply for her 2 year old son also under a seperate settlement application (this what i have been told i need to do) my question is.... does he need to attend the VFS office at time of his application submission? or will they just interview my wife and ask about his application then?

also what is the current status regarding his biometric requirements? and is it still the case that an under 5 does not require Tb cert still?

forgive me if these questions have been answered in previous topics, but an upto date answer would be appreciated as the goal posts seem to change by the minute with these visas, and my stress levels are getting higher also by the minute with FLOODS, Tb Testing, english A1 test, Marriage and GF 6 months pregnant!!!

any advice would be massively helpful

• He must attend VFS
  • Children 12 & over require a TB test

cheers thai visa express, unfortunatly i thought that he may have to attend, well happy days trying to amuse a lively 2 year old around regent house for god knows how many hours! LOL

if you don't mind i have one more question... is their an official form i can download for affirmation of freedom to marry? or a template that i can use or copy of what is required info wise? as i cannot find this anywhere and am getting more frustrated by the minute as their does not seem to be any easy info obtainable from the embassy website

thanks again

manxlad

• He must attend VFS
  • Children 12 & over require a TB test

cheers thai visa express, unfortunatly i thought that he may have to attend, well happy days trying to amuse a lively 2 year old around regent house for god knows how many hours! LOL

if you don't mind i have one more question... is their an official form i can download for affirmation of freedom to marry? or a template that i can use or copy of what is required info wise? as i cannot find this anywhere and am getting more frustrated by the minute as their does not seem to be any easy info obtainable from the embassy website

thanks again

manxlad

Yes on the British Embassy site we do this wedding service in Pattaya however you can obviously do it yourself.

... is their an official form i can download for affirmation of freedom to marry? or a template that i can use or copy of what is required info wise?

See Guidance for British nationals wishing to marry in Thailand and Affirmation of freedom to marry, example.

You may also find Settlement; spouses, Settlement; children and Maintenance and accommodation helpful.

From your nic, are you, or will you be, living on the Isle of Man? If so, most of the requirements are the same and you apply in the same place, but you should check with the Isle of Man government to see if there are any different requirements or procedures. See Immigration, Passports and Nationality

... is their an official form i can download for affirmation of freedom to marry? or a template that i can use or copy of what is required info wise?

See Guidance for British nationals wishing to marry in Thailand and Affirmation of freedom to marry, example.

You may also find Settlement; spouses, Settlement; children and Maintenance and accommodation helpful.

From your nic, are you, or will you be, living on the Isle of Man? If so, most of the requirements are the same and you apply in the same place, but you should check with the Isle of Man government to see if there are any different requirements or procedures. See Immigration, Passports and Nationality

cheers 7 by 7 and thai visa express,you have been really helpful.

7 by 7, you assumption is correct we hopefully will be going to my home in the isle of man, and i have already been on the IOM goverrnment Immigration website for our visa requirements etc, it is almost a mirror image of UK regs, but sadly i just missed out by a couple of months cos the IOM did not require english A1 test, but have now they have adopted this requirement grrrrrrr! anyhow thanks again and I really appreciate all you guys input... but no doubt i will have another question soon LOL

• 2 weeks later...

7 by 7, you assumption is correct we hopefully will be going to my home in the isle of man, and i have already been on the IOM goverrnment Immigration website for our visa requirements etc, it is almost a mirror image of UK regs, but sadly i just missed out by a couple of months cos the IOM did not require english A1 test, but have now they have adopted this requirement grrrrrrr! anyhow thanks again and I really appreciate all you guys input... but no doubt i will have another question soon LOL

hi again

what is the correct advice regarding the following

I am applying for settlement for my wife for the UK, but also I am going to apply for settlement for her 2 year old son, so can he be included on her application form, or does he need a seperate VAF4A form, and if so, then does his seperate application need all the documents included that I will be using to support my wifes application? I am getting really confused about this because iI have been told two different versions by bar pals, they are trying to be helpful but have just led to more confusion

help please

hi again

what is the correct advice regarding the following

I am applying for settlement for my wife for the UK, but also I am going to apply for settlement for her 2 year old son, so can he be included on her application form, or does he need a seperate VAF4A form, and if so, then does his seperate application need all the documents included that I will be using to support my wifes application? I am getting really confused about this because iI have been told two different versions by bar pals, they are trying to be helpful but have just led to more confusion

help please

A separate form & fee is required sad.gif

cheers for the clarification on the visa for the child, but I still need to know what documentation I will need to submit and support in his application apart from my and her sponsorship letters, as all my collated relevant info and documentation will already be attached to my wifes application folder, so will i have to duplicate all this info etc for his application also? cheers manxlad

The application forms need to be separate but you can provide one bundle of information as long as the applications are made at the same time. You will need to show sole responsibility rests with the mother.

I did not see from the post whether the father is still on the scene! Sole responsibility is described at 7x7's link for Settlement; Children (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/guidance/ecg/set/set7/) Set7.8.

The application forms need to be separate but you can provide one bundle of information as long as the applications are made at the same time. You will need to show sole responsibility rests with the mother.

I did not see from the post whether the father is still on the scene! Sole responsibility is described at 7x7's link for Settlement; Children (http://www.ukba.home...e/ecg/set/set7/) Set7.8.

cheers bobrussell, that is helpful info, I thought I may be able to submit just one bundle of supporting documents etc, but I wanted to make sure as it is a very costly mistake to make if you get it wrong.

and yes the thai father is not on the scene... he did a runner about 2 weeks after the child was born and has had nothing to do with him ever since , the fathers parents have on a couple of occasions contacted my wife's mother just to see how he is ,but offer no support etc but I worry as they know there is a farang now on the scene and may start smelling a pay off if they get wind of me wanting to take him to the UK! maybe me just being paranoid, but you know how the thai minds work when there is a sniff of farang money

anyhow thanks again for all your comments and advice, I'm sure their will be more questions hahaha