PM Yingluck Will Not Step Down

webfact

After reading that her emotional display was to share emotional distress and misery with her people, I almost shed a tear myself. :crying: Bless her little heart.

post-6428-0-59155300-1320924875_thumb.jp

This year's Oscar Award winner for 2011 Best Actress goes to "Yingluck Shinawattra" from the movie, "Bangkok Flooding."

Stay tuned for the sequel next year. ;)

After reading that her emotional display was to share emotional distress and misery with her people, I almost shed a tear myself. :crying: Bless her little heart.

This year's Oscar Award winner for 2011 Best Actress goes to "Yingluck Shinawatra" from the movie, "Bangkok Flooding."

:lol::thumbsup:

Not without precedent in the Shinawatra dynasty of acting... they're almost like the Fonda clan of actors/actresses...

post-108212-0-25841200-1320929620_thumb.

No Country for Old Maew

Poojadkuan, February 26, 2008

It reads: No country for old Maew - All get Oscar awards

Maew is the nickname of Thaksin

Left photo: Chalerm, Thaksin and Noppadon

Right photo: Jakrapop Penkae's head on a woman's body

http://2bangkok.com/2bangkok-thaimediaproject-poojadkuan.html

Edited by Buchholz

This year's Oscar Award winner for 2011 Best Actress goes to "Yingluck Shinawattra" from the movie, "Bangkok Flooding."

Bangkok Flooding II

That will be one movie which no one wants to see but it will be made anyway 'cos the producers are too well funded and don't care what everyone else thinks. Sorta like Uwe Boll movies :lol:

That will be one movie which no one wants to see but it will be made anyway 'cos the producers are too well funded and don't care what everyone else thinks. Sorta like Uwe Boll movies :lol:

... maybe she doesn't know that Oscar is a drug trader?

Usual crap timing and thoughtless comment from the democrats, nothing to see here............carry on and do your best Yingluck

And the usual - your either black or your white.

Do you not accept that some of the people who voted for her (her brother) would now be rather negative?

Bottom line - it's simply not possible that all pt / red supporters are now happy.

I accept anybody up to their neck in water would be rather negative..........what bemuses me is that people have to try and continually apportion blame, and some even need a poll to tell them that a large portion of the electorate, who are themselves underwater, or have family members who are, might just be a little bit pissed off........

Hardly breaking news, more regurgitated news, for what useful purpose......this is not black and white, red, yellow or green.....it is a big mess that will take some fixing and there are too many people with their heads too far up their own orfice to make positive contribution........really sad......

Edited by 473geo

you know the way main opposition governments are supposed to make suggestions as to what a current government is doing wrong?

were the democrats loudly calling for processes to be put in place that yingluck is now getting blamed for not having done, at the time without the benefit of hindsight... is there any evidence to suggest that the dems ,as a party, were crying out for things that would have prevented what has happened and how bad things have gotten? and again i mean datelined and not in hindsight?

i ask not argumentatively but because i don't know, hopefully some people on here can prove that they were always 'on the ball' as things progressed...

I don't think she should step down over the flood crisis. Any move she makes to protect or grant immunity to her brother is an entirely different matter. That issue must remain with the judiciary.

It pays to remember that a so called developed country, Australia, made a complete botch of their very own flood crisis in Brisbane this year. In fact it could be strongly argued that they actually caused it by not letting water out of Wivenhoe dam much earlier.

There were no calls for anyone to step down or resign.

PM Yingluck Won't Step Down and Continues to Tackle Flood Crisis

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has pledged to stay on and tackle the floods, despite mounting criticism of the government's handling of the disaster.

She confirmed that the northern runoff can be prevented from entering the inner areas of Bangkok, and that the Bangchan Industrial Estate will be saved from flooding.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra talked about pressure from academics and activists threatening class action suits against the government and state agencies for their mismanagement of the floods, saying the details of lawsuits must be viewed before launching any actions, and all comments are welcome.

She said all parties concerned have made concerted efforts to tackle the crisis, and stepping down has never crossed her mind because she was given a mandate to run the country.

She confirmed that the preventative measures launched will stop the northern runoff from entering the inner areas of Bangkok, as floodgates at Klong 8 to Klong 10 canals will be opened, and water pumps at the floodgate at Klong 13 canal will be accelerated to drain the water.

Yingluck has ordered the Royal Irrigation Department to closely monitor the water level, and if it is reduced, more water will be drained from eastern Bangkok.

Regarding Bangkok's flooded areas, she has ordered the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration to accelerate the drainage of water and to install water pumps.

She said the Bangchan Industrial Estate will be saved from flooding, while the Army has been ordered to build effective dikes.

About the water drainage from western Bangkok, Yingluck said it is best to remove all garbage blocking the waterwaterways to channel the water into the irrigation system and water retention areas at Sanamchai-Mahachai canals.

With respect to the state compensation of 5,000 baht for each affected household in Bangkok, Yingluck said there are more factors to be considered in Bangkok than in other provinces, and she will deal with the issue as soon as possible.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-11-11

footer_n.gif

To step down in the middle of this flood risks making an inept and poorly led "team" even worse. ( and, yes, I use the word 'team' in the loosest possible sense). However, one hopes there is someone more competent and experienced at the top before the next crisis hit the nation. But for the life of me, i can't see who - the political puddle is not exactly brimmming with obvious talent.

you know the way main opposition governments are supposed to make suggestions as to what a current government is doing wrong?

were the democrats loudly calling for processes to be put in place that yingluck is now getting blamed for not having done, at the time without the benefit of hindsight... is there any evidence to suggest that the dems ,as a party, were crying out for things that would have prevented what has happened and how bad things have gotten? and again i mean datelined and not in hindsight?

i ask not argumentatively but because i don't know, hopefully some people on here can prove that they were always 'on the ball' as things progressed...

(in terms of: where is the opposition?)

I asked a question earlier that goes in the same direction and no one answered to that also.

My point was: all the people who are blaming the current government (despite the fact that many pointed out, that they just took office 2 months ago) effed up everything...should have known...should have seen it coming...

Maybe!

But there ist the other party (now in the opposition). IF the things were so clear for months and YS should have seen it coming...what about the Democrat Party?

They were expecting to be re- elected...or not?!

IF they would have been re- elected and the flood was so foreseeable..I guess they must have had a plan in hand,,,right?!

Just imagine, you be re- elected and this loooooooooong foreseeable disaster strikes ...and you have no plan!

Makes me think...it hasn't been that foreseeable?!

Edited by DocN

why should she step down?

Now the time of harvest comes. 900 billion Baht...It will double the Shinawatra funds.

I got an answer in line with your words only yesterday from a Bangok business man , who's factory and house is flooded for the past 3 weeks,when I joked him that everything would be allright in a few weeks when Thaksin returns.

His exact words were...........Thaksin and his cronies are behind this man created disaster since they will earn a hefty fee from the money spend on recovery.Ever imagined how much money is only 20% contractor fee on 900 Billion?

And then I don't talk yet about the money that goes missing.

30 % is the usual fee at the moment I got told.....I recall many years ago on the beginning of Thaksin when it was 10 %.

On rebuilding it might be a bit difficult, but for example on computer Thaksin (or his daughter I think) just founded a computer trading company which sold the computer to the government. I saw the Immigration in Samut Prakarn which was on the first wave of this business. Every officers table had a nice computer and a network printer which would server a medium size office alone.

the paperwork was still done as always, without computer.

Thaksin is estimated on 400-550 Billion Baht, so that 900 Billion may almost double his money.

So who is telling Yingluck is stupid? She is genius.

I asked a question earlier that goes in the same direction and no one answered to that also.

My point was: all the people who are blaming the current government (despite the fact that many pointed out, that they just took office 2 months ago) effed up everything...should have known...should have seen it coming...

Maybe!

But there ist the other party (now in the opposition). IF the things were so clear for months and YS should have seen it coming...what about the Democrat Party?

IF they would have been re- elected and the flood was so foreseeable..I guess they must have had a plan in hand,,,right?!

Just imagine, you be re- elected and this loooooooooong foreseeable disaster strikes ...and you have no plan!

seems like it's one of those 'ignored' aspects on here.

Maybe!

From the time that Chiang Mai was flooded, it was pretty clear that Bangkok was going to flood.

No one knew in June or July that three tropical storms were going to hit Thailand. But once they did, there was a slow moving mass of water heading down from the north. The (current) government should have known that all that rain that hit the north and north east was going to head down into the Chao Phraya river basin and into Bangkok.

But they didn't seem to get organised until it was already here.

Maybe!

From the time that Chiang Mai was flooded, it was pretty clear that Bangkok was going to flood.

No one knew in June or July that three tropical storms were going to hit Thailand. But once they did, there was a slow moving mass of water heading down from the north. The (current) government should have known that all that rain that hit the north and north east was going to head down into the Chao Phraya river basin and into Bangkok.

but the point is, if it was 'pretty clear' as you say... where were the cries from the democrat party for actions that would have resolved the situation as it stands?

I'm open to someone proving to everyone that there were such cries from the dems that were ignored by ptp ...

again i must make clear, in the correct timeline without the benefit of hindsight...

anyone can say "we shudda done" and "what they did wrong", i just want to hear the preemptive policies they had in place, that must have been ignored i assume.

Maybe!

There is also a question of why water release from the dame in May, June and July was reduced to below the average annual release. For years and years it had been pretty much at the same level through these months and yet this year it was reduced significantly. Who made that decision that nobody is talking about. Dr. Seri has pointed out this too as a major factor in making flooding worse. We all know the ag minister tried to stop water release in September but water release in September was still well above average and higher than in any other recent year. Did anyone even listen to him? Another problem is that there is possibly some damage to some of the dams considering the huge amount of water they have had to retain for prolonged periods

The truth is likely that the floods were going to happen anyway. However, their impace was worsened by screw up by a whole lot of people and as the experts say by a complicated multi-faceted bureaucratic network where no bureaucratic department worked with any other. Throw in a bunch of local and national poticians trying to save their tuirf while flooding someone elses as happens every year to be honest and the whole thing gets messy. However, in the current politically polarised country there are plenty of blame characters on all sides and nobody is really changing sides over the flood, just they chose who to blame by who they like or dont like with no consideration for what really happened or if it means believing wild conspiracies and even wild wild conspiracies easily take hold when you have political polarization and completer lack of trust.

Maybe!

but the point is, if it was 'pretty clear' as you say... where were the cries from the democrat party for actions that would have resolved the situation as it stands?

I'm open to someone proving to everyone that there were such cries from the dems that were ignored by ptp ...

again i must make clear, in the correct timeline without the benefit of hindsight...

anyone can say "we shudda done" and "what they did wrong", i just want to hear the preemptive policies they had in place, that must have been ignored i assume.

Its just a natural disaster made worse by a dysfunctional bureaucracy, polticians who didnt understand what they were facing on the government side and ones who saw it as a great opportunity to damage the government on the opposition side (plus their shadowy controllers) but didnt also realise what they were facing and now it has just degenerated into the usual political game.

Maybe!

Its just a natural disaster made worse by a dysfunctional bureaucracy, polticians who didnt understand what they were facing on the government side and ones who saw it as a great opportunity to damage the government on the opposition side (plus their shadowy controllers) but didnt also realise what they were facing and now it has just degenerated into the usual political game.

well that, i one million percent agree with.