60-Day Double Entry Visa Report From Los Angeles - Part 1

I went to the Thai Consulate on Larchmont today to apply for a double-entry tourist visa (60-days each). Going for double entry because I plan to stay 37 days on the first entry and 78 days on the 2nd entry. I didn't want to waste time in country extending the first entry and didn't want to do visa runs.

Parking - I found free street parking in the neighborhood behind the consulate. If you are traveling south on Larchmont from Melrose, take a right after you pass the consulate.

Total Time in Consulate - 20 minutes

I'm a US citizen and brought the following documents.

1. Signed application
  2. Passport
  3. Copy of passport (IMPORTANT!!!!! This isn't stated in the Visa app, but it is in the Consulate FAQ)
  4. 2 passport pics from Costco - first and last name, date penned on the back
  5. $80 money order from the post office - $40 for each entry

I also brought the following documents, but was told they were not needed

• Bank statement
  • Inbound/outbound plane ticket printout
  • Printed out TM7 extension form (in-country 7/30-day extension for tourist visa)

Checked in with the security officer on the first floor... Nice guy, been there for years... probably a Russian agent. Went up to the 2nd floor and walked up to the "Start Here" desk. Gave the lady my application, passport and pictures.

I was a bit confused about what to put for the "Proposed Length of Stay" line because my 78-day stay would be longer than the standard 60-day tourist visa entry. The lady told me I could extend my stay an extra 30 days on the entries. She also said it was, "No problem" to put 37 days and 78 days on the proposed length of stay line. She paperclipped all the documents and sent me up to the VISA window.

Gentleman behind the window was pretty cool and gave me a receipt after a flurry of stamping all over my application. Told me to come back Monday for the visa.... so basically next business day service since tomorrow is Veteran's Day.

Fire away with any questions....

OK, my 2baht. I thought U get 60 day stamp with embassy visa. 60 days from the day U enter, NOT ADDED to any unused

days from previous visa. enter1= 60 days. leave after 37 days. enter2= 60 days again, from entry2 day. My perzonal

eggsperience: Enter1= 60 days, then I leave LOS on 59th day for a week long trip to neighboring country (by air)

then return, Enter2= 60 days from day of Enter2. It looked like official had two stamps, one clicked in on 30, other

on 60 day mark. So, leave before 60 day mark, lose remaining days. 2baht, cha-ching

Believe he said he did not want to extend his first entry (he was specific on that being first entry) (he could obtain a re-entry permit for trip out/return) so he chose to obtain two entry and use first 60 day for the 37 day stay and return for new 60 day and extend that for second stay of 78 days. Same total cost.

Now if he really believes he can add the days and not have to extend second entry you are correct - he will be in for a game change.

Now if he really believes he can add the days and not have to extend second entry you are correct - he will be in for a game change.

I'm not adding days... I just don't want the hassle of getting an extension on the first entry. I know I have to extend the second entry

i think you could have done all this on a single entry visa :

fly to thailand and get 30 days free visa exempt (don't put your visa number on the arrival card).

then pop out the country and re-enter using the 60 day tourist visa then extend 30 days,

in total 30 days plus 60 days plus 30 days.

i think you could have done all this on a single entry visa :

fly to thailand and get 30 days free visa exempt (don't put your visa number on the arrival card).

then pop out the country and re-enter using the 60 day tourist visa then extend 30 days,

in total 30 days plus 60 days plus 30 days.

I could have done it if I was staying 30 days on the first time... but I'm staying 37 days.