Screen Printing Materials

bamboozled

If you do find a material supplier, please post back. As a hobby, I cut signs and stickers out of vinyl and do pad printing. A lot of the equipment overlaps so I'm looking for a local supplier to take up the hobby again now that I'm settled into my apartment here in BKK.

On a related note, I did see a vendor on floor 1 of Pantip today that sells dye sub modified inkjet printers along with the equipment to do heat transfers onto T-shirts, mugs, etc. It's not the same as screen printing, but I was happy to see something available along those lines.

Edited by impulse

I do have a few addresses around town but have never been to any of them so not sure what to expect. You can find them on this page: http://paper.zibb.com/suppliers/silk+screen+printing/th/25782856

I won't be in Bkk for two weeks and then, due to current events, on-scene research might be hampered. But I will be sure to post an update. I might also check out the Pantip hint so thanks for that

!

If you do find a material supplier, please post back. As a hobby, I cut signs and stickers out of vinyl and do pad printing. A lot of the equipment overlaps so I'm looking for a local supplier to take up the hobby again now that I'm settled into my apartment here in BKK.

On a related note, I did see a vendor on floor 1 of Pantip today that sells dye sub modified inkjet printers along with the equipment to do heat transfers onto T-shirts, mugs, etc. It's not the same as screen printing, but I was happy to see something available along those lines.

I use pad printing to print my logo (and others') onto small gifts for customers like fishing lures, golf balls, etc. Look at your keyboard and chances are the letters were pad printed onto the keys.

Here's the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pad_printing

Here's a cool animated demo: http://www.pdsconsulting.co.uk/2007/Library/Printing_Pad.asp

In the west, pad printing equipment is typically ridiculously expensive. In China, it was downright reasonable so I got into it while I lived there- as a hobby mostly. But I did make some money selling promotional items that I had bought cheap, added a logo and sold to customers of my industrial products so they could give them to their customers.

the area past National Stadium opposite the Tesco Lotus has many screen printing places ,

also emboidery shops , trophy shops etc

you might try there

BK

PS....I would be interested in pad printing supplies too or just how to make the "pads" and get the print the right size on the workpiece

Thanks Bkkdreaming. I'm looking for screen printing supplies to print on my own, not a place to print for me. Do you know if these places sell supplies?

the area past National Stadium opposite the Tesco Lotus has many screen printing places ,

also emboidery shops , trophy shops etc

you might try there

BK

PS....I would be interested in pad printing supplies too or just how to make the "pads" and get the print the right size on the workpiece