Turkey Day Buffet Is Coming!

junkofdavid2

I will be in Bangkok for a few days over Thanksgiving and am looking for suggestions as to where to find good, American-style Thanksgiving lunch/dinner in the Ratchaprsong/Sukumvit area. I have been to the Conrad at All Season's Plaza before and found the food there wanting. There wasn't even any stuffing. Are there any places you would recommend?

Bourbon street usually does something.

+1.

I will be alone this Thanksgiving, so I am not going to cook my own turkey. But Bourbon Street offers a good spread, much more traditional than most of the large hotel spreads, and significantly cheaper. They also repeat the dinner on the Friday the day after Thanksgiving.

We always go to Bourbon Street. No surprises, lots of stuff, including some Thai dishes for any reluctant Thai partners, both roasted and deep fried turkey, some Cajun spins on some dishes, delicious, and more reasonably priced than the 5 star hotels. Hard to beat... Much of the US Embassy staff seems to be in attendance each year.

Yes, expensive.

I miss the Sukhumvit 20 Sports Corner deal by Big John (he doesn't work there anymore). It was only 300+ (a little less than 400) but it was great. No fancy tablecloth, but it was great; moist turkey as well as ribs, salad, apple pie, ice cream, and some other stuff (not a big selection, but still good). Amazingly cold beer too.

Big John where are you???!! :(

Yes, expensive.

I miss the Sukhumvit 20 Sports Corner deal by Big John (he doesn't work there anymore). It was only 300+ (a little less than 400) but it was great. No fancy tablecloth, but it was great; moist turkey as well as ribs, salad, apple pie, ice cream, and some other stuff (not a big selection, but still good). Amazingly cold beer too.

Big John where are you???!! :(

Didnt he move to ekkamai or thonglor years back?

Bourbon Street is great, but it's a small place and gets really crowded. If I go this year it will be the day after.

Although if I can find a place with a reasonable Thanksgiving plate instead of a buffet I might go for that. I can't eat as much as I used to so buffets are kind of wasted on me

We always go to Bourbon Street. No surprises, lots of stuff, including some Thai dishes for any reluctant Thai partners, both roasted and deep fried turkey, some Cajun spins on some dishes, delicious, and more reasonably priced than the 5 star hotels. Hard to beat... Much of the US Embassy staff seems to be in attendance each year.

Went to Bourbon Street today just after 2:00. It wasn't very crowded at that time. The food was plentiful and good. I was very satisfies and expect to return there next year.

At 899++ baht, the net total for BS is heading close to 1,000 baht for one person, one buffet meal.

Of course, Bully's this year rose markedly to 860 baht, according to a post earlier in this thread.

At those prices, I think I can manage to eat Thai style on TGD...

But the best part was, my TW didn't even remember it was Thanksgiving... Nary a word about it. :D

We went to Bully's last year, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, for about 200 baht less than this year. The wife ate some turkey and trimmings, but was hardly excited about it. She'd rather eat steak. B)