Belgian Killed In East Pattaya Road Crash

Rimmer

Belgian killed in east Pattaya road crash

PATTAYA: -- A Belgian was killed in a late night road accident on Sunday, involving a motorbike, a truck and a stray dog. The incident occurred in front of Soi 14/1 in Soi Kow Tha Low in East Pattaya and resulted in the death of Mr. Frank Victor Livien S’Jongers aged 51 and serious injuries sustained to his girlfriend and passenger on his bike, Khun Ratanan aged 45. The accident also involved a truck driven by Khun Jaluk aged 46 whose story matched eye witness accounts suggesting Mr. S’Jongers was driving at speed when he was forced to take evasive action to avoid a stray dog in the road.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-11-14

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Sad news, hope the girl recovers. I rode a bike in Pattaya at night until i nearly met my maker! Night riding multiplies the risks significantly

I am way too scared to ride at night. My view is that the crazies are in more abundance after sundown from either too much drink or looney from too much sun during the day or a combination of both.

RIP - Another unnecessary death due to riding too fast. And probably a lack of a helmet.

Dont think a helmet would help much when being driven over by a truck.

Hope the driver of the truck is charged with causing death by dangerous driving, very much doubt it though.

Did you witness the accident, so that you know the truck driver is guilty? Maybe it was his fault, maybe the biker's, maybe six of one and half a dozen of the other; damned if I know, as I only have the newspaper report to go by.

RIP - Another unnecessary death due to riding too fast. And probably a lack of a helmet.

Hope the driver of the truck is charged with causing death by dangerous driving, very much doubt it though.

Did you witness the accident, so that you know the truck driver is guilty? Maybe it was his fault, maybe the biker's, maybe six of one and half a dozen of the other; damned if I know, as I only have the newspaper report to go by.

If as is reported the truck driver was following the motorcycle then he is obviously guilty of either being too close or not paying attention to the road. It's quite simple, if you leave a sufficient gap between you and the vehicle in front, 2 seconds being the rule of thumb, then you'll have enough time to stop if anything happens to that vehicle be it them slamming their brakes on or in this case falling off their bike.

And not investing in the most important piece of safety equipment of all...a car or truck.

Also, never take evasion action to avoid a cat/dog either in or crossing the road. Too much potential for human injury or death is possible. It may sound cruel, but human lives are more important than animal one's.

Is the dog ok?

That's what I mean.........what about the dog?

THAT was the cause of the accident.............!!

In this area (Khao Talo and Khao Noi) I find every morning around 50-75 stray dogs running around, sleeping in the middle of the road, "attack" passants, etc.

It's about time that the city council is going to gather the dogs and get rid of them, but no.........Buddhism respects all living creatures including stray dogs...........huh.gif

Is the dog ok?

In this area (Khao Talo and Khao Noi) I find every morning around 50-75 stray dogs running around, sleeping in the middle of the road, "attack" passants, etc.

It's about time that the city council is going to gather the dogs and get rid of them, but no.........Buddhism respects all living creatures including stray dogs...........huh.gif

High speed by both rider and the trucker was the cause of the accident.

What makes you think he was driving dangerously?

+1

If as is reported the truck driver was following the motorcycle then he is obviously guilty of either being too close or not paying attention to the road. It's quite simple, if you leave a sufficient gap between you and the vehicle in front, 2 seconds being the rule of thumb, then you'll have enough time to stop if anything happens to that vehicle be it them slamming their brakes on or in this case falling off their bike.

Good luck on passing judgement from a newspaper article.

Edited by Gonsalviz

And not investing in the most important piece of safety equipment of all...a car or truck.

Also, never take evasion action to avoid a cat/dog either in or crossing the road. Too much potential for human injury or death is possible. It may sound cruel, but human lives are more important than animal one's.

+1

Is the dog ok?

Were you an eyewitness?

What makes you think he was driving dangerously?

His reportedly running over someone who'd been traveling in front of him, something that should never happen if he was driving with a safe following distance. That and the statement that he was "driving at a high rate of speed".

I'm happy to go with the report until such time as it's proved wrong, feel free to provide us with the facts if you know different.

Is the dog ok?

Maybe I missed something.........."Mr. S’Jongers was driving at speed when he was forced to take evasive action to avoid a stray dog in the road. "

Maybe the truck driver caused the death of the Belgian, but the dog obviously caused the accident.

Since stray-dogs are an important part if this noble community.........blame City Hall! wacko.gif