• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if thailand was as stoned as the dutch,

thay would have been paranoid about the floods,

and fixed the problem before it happens.:thumbsup:

Wonderful, more stereotyping.

They keep statistics on this. Last time I saw anything about it, less than 1 million people in NL smoke weed regularly on a population of 17 million.

The UK has a higher(no pun intended) percentage of regular users.

Besides, Thai weed does not make you paranoid. Dutch power weed does.

Pedantic? Yes.

Now, let's get back on topic.

They keep statistics on this. Last time I saw anything about it, less than 1 million people in NL smoke weed regularly on a population of 17 million.

Pedantic? Yes.

I thought the topic was the Dutch wanted to help, with perhaps some strings, but the Thais wanted social programs. Please help me out here as I am undoubtedly senile and think that the facts stink. Who really wants what?

It is very clear to me that a lot of posters on this forum have a very low opinion of Thailand and the Thai people and culture. It's amazing how some of you can put a negative spin on everything that Thailand tries to do.

That once again begs the question as to why some of you are living here. Do you feel superior among the Thais of whom you have a low opinion? Or is it because you can't make a living in your own country or can't afford to retire in your own country?

Serious question in the time of such crisis in Thailand, which will have very far reaching economic and social consequences. It may be time to get out of Thailand.

All those with a suggestion of low opinion are ignorant and/or jealous because while it may seem society is rife with incompetence, cheating, and corruption, it is really a facade. In actuality the populous is busy at work expounding on Einsteins equations and theories albeit they hide it very well.

Pedantic? Yes.

"They keep statistics on this. Last time I saw anything about it, less than 1 million people in NL smoke weed regularly on a population of 17 million."

If ya smokin da ganja mi son, you will not be taking a statistical poll. With that said using them to rebuild is brilliant. Simply tell them when the check bin comes that you would like to go "Dutch", right there the check is reduced by half. The only consideration that i could possibly imagine being a problem is the termites, wooden shoes and all.

How do the Dutch treat the monsoon season in their river system? Although they have perfected their own art, the characteristics in the Asian monsoon belt are not characteristics you see in Holland?

Would it not be better for the likes of the local neighbours to get together on this one? India included. Australia also has similar problems.

European assistance will come with a price, and they would still have to get up to speed regarding conditions in the country. Surely forming an alliance between the countries affected would put more effort into looking at solutions.