Shortage Of Beer At Many Stores In Bangkok: Thailand Flood

webfact

I live in Sai Mai, Bangkok.

We have never had a problem with drinking water.

For years we have used the drinking water machines outside small grocery shops.

Fortunately one is still working on the main Sai Mai road about 1 Km from our soi.

A lot of people like bottled water from super markets, better for you, makes you live longer!!!

If your stuck try these machines, need your own containers though, 5 or 6 litre ones you bought when full of expensive mountain stream water from the supermarkets ideal.

I am 63 and still kicking!

Getting a bit rusty though!

(Cannot buy Farmhouse sliced Bread at local Big C...no problem buying at local grocery store)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found even more surprising that practically all convenience stores, mom-and-pop shops and even large supermarkets like Big C and Foodland have completely run out of Coke and Pepsi, Haven't been able to buy large bottles for several weeks, and now they've also run out of cans and small bottles. Oh well, I shall survive!

At the 7/11 shops here in Pattaya they have no more "Chang classic", instead they sell now "Chang Export"

Sato run out of stock as well...

Cloggie

Some of the local hamburger stands have only Lao Beer. If beer disappears so will many a tourist in Pattaya

pattaya is struggling 7/11 shops no water--- and little alcahol on the shelves_______________therfor i returned to buriram................still struggling to find singha on a regular basis............water is not a problem here............wont drink lo cow--thai whiskey!! but plenty of sang som and bottles of leo avalible........we dont realize that nam tomb has caused so many problems everywhere even places not affected by the floods................hope thailand can get back to some normality the people have suffered enough!!

I live Lat prao area still plenty of Leo here, just send your local Mafia motorbike out he will get you everything you need at normal price if you give him a good tip.

I drink Blend 285 no shortage on that,

if you live here for more then 5 years and have Thai friends you can buy everything. You have to invest before the bad time's i learned that from the thai's.

Even the 7/11 20 meters from me they know what i like to buy and the keep a small stock for me,

Thai like to drink bottled water but like a previous post say the water vending machine are good i did not get sick of it in the 5 years i am drinking it, i just get mauw from the Blend 285 do ;)

This is a time to act like mafia to, just be inventive you will have all the food for your family you can eat.

"Beer Crisis" must be a winner in the category "Idiocy" . THe poor Bangkok neighborhoods are drowning to keep the filthy rich shopping districts dry and the rich and alcoholics talk about a beer crisis. Now I understand the 100,000 baht donation. Some do have their priorities straight....

:blink:

Yep. There are only filthy rich shopping districts in Bangkok. And only rich people drink beer.

....ohhh there is enough beer in Thailand.....if you pay more.

Rediculous here in Phuket. No or just a little beer in the shops, but in some shops they doubled the prices already...ThaiStyle :ph34r:

THANK GOD there is still enough water...WHO needs beeeeeeeer ? :lol:

wait four month more when they start complaining that there is no water anymore....they will NEVER learn it, sorry to say it. :jap:

"Beer Crisis" must be a winner in the category "Idiocy" . THe poor Bangkok neighborhoods are drowning to keep the filthy rich shopping districts dry and the rich and alcoholics talk about a beer crisis. Now I understand the 100,000 baht donation. Some do have their priorities straight....

The most beer go to the unemployed thai's be sure about that i did not see 1 falang in the big tesco lotus with beer in his cart but thai's ohooi.

Btw alcoholic stay in pattaya and the rich (read working falang) stay in bangkok.

And i see my so called poor neighbors with full cart's of food and boos, they asked me 2 day's ago i could borrow them 1000 bath.

Lesson : don't believe everything they tell you most of the time it's a facade, never borrow money to a thai most of them they have more then you :) just don't brag with your money you will get more respect.

Plenty of Beer Lao up here in Vientiane - Damned good stuff at around 30 baht for a big 'un :burp:

Is this the thread that never went away?

Here in Sukhumvit locale as mentioned above no beer in 7-eleven. Oh I guess there's some Leo. Local stores though have Heineken and Chang etc. Only water in supermarket was small bottles at 7 baht each.

What's up at Makro?

:blink:

Yep. There are only filthy rich shopping districts in Bangkok. And only rich people drink beer.

good quote, i live in 1 off that rich shopping center to, ladprao 71 nak niwat, everybody make's his Porsche wet here 5555

Why bothering about booze when water is still a scarce supply?

Why bother... about tyres when there is enoughair... why bother... amybe now one really does, only mentionng the facts, didn't at least one wrote: "great if you're running a hotel!"?

It's all in the eye of the beholder, why do you bother, brother?

Plenty of Beer Lao up here in Vientiane - Damned good stuff at around 30 baht for a big 'un :burp:

Here in Sukhumvit locale as mentioned above no beer in 7-eleven. Oh I guess there's some Leo. Local stores though have Heineken and Chang etc. Only water in supermarket was small bottles at 7 baht each.

What's up at Makro?

day before yesterday in MAKRO just about 10 boxes of big CHANG, no small beers in bottles nor in cans ..... hard times coming LOL ....there is no beer at Rawaiiiiiiiiii.... :lol: :lol:

What's up at Makro?

day before yesterday in MAKRO just about 10 boxes of big CHANG, no small beers in bottles nor in cans ..... hard times coming LOL ....there is no beer at Rawaiiiiiiiiii.... :lol: :lol:

I was just at Tesco San Sai, Chiangmai and the Linfox trucks were lined up to unload stores, there was a lot of beer being unloaded as I could see.

Beer is 95% water. Just as good! :whistling:

Could actually be part of the answer. Throughout Middle Ages Europe beer was drunk (albeit at very low alcohol levels) as a substitute for polluted water, hence most villages had their own brewhouse.

it also doesn't half take the edge off a crappy day surrounded by floodwater.

Could actually be part of the answer. Throughout Middle Ages Europe beer was drunk (albeit at very low alcohol levels) as a substitute for polluted water, hence most villages had their own brewhouse.

it also doesn't half take the edge off a crappy day surrounded by floodwater.

Indeed you are an erudit, aren't you Sir??

During Middle Ages, most of village dwellers were not able to afford decent food; so let us know on : how to afford decent Ale?

During middle ages, still, water pollution was indeed very important, with car polution, toxic rejection by big industrial groups , .... OOOOOOOOOOOOOps, no car, no heavy industialisation (but some guilds , mostly existing in important cities, but not in most villages as villages mean less than 1 000 inhabitants). During middle ages (and even untill recently) water from source or well, or even rivers was drinkable; it is one of the reason the Good King of France Henry the fourth edicted 2 laws : each familly shall be able to afford one chicken every sunday (good food); every group of 1000 inhabitants shall have access to a fountain (early XVIth century); so it means that even at that time water was not polluated, and people basically did not have money to buy meat (the goal of the law being to forcefully increase the income of villagers and forcefully to have them spend said income in food, and not in Ale).

Now, I is true the various kindoms populating a one moment or another the brittanic islands have been at various moment on the verge of collasping because alcoholism of the inhabitants (the last one being the 'gin crisis' during the XIXth century). But scholars tend to believe it is geographically limitated to said islands, and some former ex colonies located on the other side of the big pond; while the rest of europe , God Thanks, was left untouched by such frenzy about alcohol.

Please keep your act straignt and do not confuse history and legends ; thanks in advance

I don't drink beer (gluten allergy) so doesn't bother me. But Tesco Lotus today Singha drinking water 1.5tlr x6 in stock, no mass punch up to get to it either. All the time I was in there just saw one guy + myself with a pack. Most shelves full of other goods.

jb1

Beer is 95% water. Just as good! :whistling:

A healthy person's urine is about 95% water and sterile, so in the short term it's safe to drink and does replenish lost water.

"Next rounds on me".... :burp:

Edited by JRinger

At the 7/11 shops here in Pattaya they have no more "Chang classic", instead they sell now "Chang Export"

Sato run out of stock as well...

Cloggie

A Chance for Carlsberg - if they work fast. Problems With Coca Cola too and Pepesi. Gin and Tonic, forget it no tonic