K Bank Credit Card

Since you are a nice guy you probably dont even need to fill out the form. Just walk in to the next K Bank and your card will be right there, waiting for you. And btw, your limit will be 1.000.000 THB. Enjoy and thanks for your post :jap:

Detect a little tongue in cheek from the reply to the first post. I must admit it challenges my thinking to wonder why someone would ask TV if they can do something. Why don't they go to the bank and ask them! Hope he gets it, but if he's loaded (money that is) they will probably fly out of the bank and roll out a red carpet or have scantily clad girls carry him right to the customer service desk. Good Luck. Like the posters icon.

KBank's savings accounts come with a virtual visa card - you get the number, expiry date and even three digit CVVF on a piece of paper and you can use it online without problems. It's a debit card not credit though.

I was until recently quite content with the ATM card to head for an ATM before purchase and then pay in cash. The card has ELECTRONIC USE ONLY printed in red along the bottom had had been told on issue that I could only use it in ATMs. However, upon reaching a cash register in Central one day, forgetting to get the cash first, I asked where the nearest KBank ATM was. Cashier said Mai bpen rai, took my ATM card, swiped it and job done. So apparently ELECTRONIC USE now also includes cashiers as well as ATMs. Similarly this is a debit function not credit, but if you are not interested in credit...

KBank's savings accounts come with a virtual visa card - you get the number, expiry date and even three digit CVVF on a piece of paper and you can use it online without problems. It's a debit card not credit though.

I was until recently quite content with the ATM card to head for an ATM before purchase and then pay in cash. The card has ELECTRONIC USE ONLY printed in red along the bottom had had been told on issue that I could only use it in ATMs. However, upon reaching a cash register in Central one day, forgetting to get the cash first, I asked where the nearest KBank ATM was. Cashier said Mai bpen rai, took my ATM card, swiped it and job done. So apparently ELECTRONIC USE now also includes cashiers as well as ATMs. Similarly this is a debit function not credit, but if you are not interested in credit...

Electronic use includes electronic devices that swipe the magnetic strip on the back of the card. I have used my K-bank debit card (electronic use only) all over the world for purchases. The none "electronic use" would include the old machines that you place the card in and take an impression of the info...hence there are no raised surfaces on these cards.

Electronic use includes electronic devices that swipe the magnetic strip on the back of the card. I have used my K-bank debit card (electronic use only) all over the world for purchases. The none "electronic use" would include the old machines that you place the card in and take an impression of the info...hence there are no raised surfaces on these cards.

Yes, but I do distinctly remember asking when I applied two and half years ago and being told 'only ATM' - took me this long to figure it out.rolleyes.gif

I know many people who have gone to K Bank in Chiangmai and opened up accounts. They seem to require very little. Being that your talking retirement, you will undoubtedly have a chunk of money to deposit here. They like to see customers that open an account and give them a good opening deposit. Good luck.

Show me the form with the tick box for "nice guy"... :)

If your retirement purpose status means that you still can show regular monthly income (i.e. pension), then you have a chance; if you have had an acct with kBank for a while and maintained a reasonable balance, then a better chance. And if you are also willing to put up a security deposit, equal to the amount of the credit line that you want, then probably a pretty good chance. If you have to do the 800,000 Bt deposit for your retirement visa, then that money (or part of it) could also be used as your credit card collateral (fixed account).

Good luck