Saigon To Phuket To Chiang Mai

ktadie

Dear Thaivisa,

I am about to travel to Chiang Mai from HCMC, however, on the way I want to do some quick diving in Phuket.

The best deal that I have found so far is HCMC - Phuket for ca. 122 USD

However, the only airliner that I can find which flies to Chiang Mai via. Phuket is Bangokair, for 145usd...

Do anyone know if there are other airliners that fly here?

Or perhaps there are some cheap bus rides that drive up North? - Perhaps risky with the floods?

And then a quick question; is it possible to buy a 60 days tourist visa in Phuket?

Thanks a lot in advanced,

cheers

Ktadie

For flight possibilitys Ho Chi Minh-Phuket,

(a Stop in Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore seems to be necessary.)

Check-

www.skyscanner.com www.airasia.com www.jetstar.com www.tigerairways.com

Air Asia flies also Phuket-Chiang Mai.

Your Bangkokair? Combination I do not understand, as Bangkokair does not fly to Ho Chi Minh City.whistling.gif

A Bus ride is nearly a full day in Busses from Phuket-Chiang Mai, when thats ok for you?

If you like to stay longer than 30 days in TH you have to bring a Tourist Visa from Ho Chi Minh=60 days and the possibility to extend that Visa for 30 days for 1.900 Baht at a Thai Immigration.

You get 30 days by entering TH by air, can extend that 30 days than at any Immigration in TH for a Maximum of 7 days for 1.900 Baht.

Or, leave TH at a border-Myanmar, Laos and get 2 weeks arriving to TH at a Landborder.

Edited by ALFREDO

I didn't know entry stamps could be extended for 30 days. Thought one had to leave the country and re-enter. If done by air, you get 30 days. If done on foot, 15 days. Is this not still the case? I'm going to have to do this for the first time in many a year as my passport, at the moment, doesn't have an empty page for a visa!

Your questions would be better asked in the Thai Visa section of that Forum and get than the attention of Profis.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/

But I know a bit to.

-ktadie-

No. You arrive without a Visa at a Thai border, you get 30 days by air and 15 days at a landborder. No Visa extension shopping same in Cambodia.

-bamboozled-

You are right, see above answer. But you could go to your Embassy and get a temporary-up to one year Passport in a short time 24 hours? to use for Visaruns.

Edited by ALFREDO