Thai Cabinet Endorses Thaksin Amnesty Plan: Reports

webfact

As I understand it, there is a considerable number of other outstanding charges against the man that have not been tried yet.

What stops / protects him from being arrested and detained for any or all of those?

There have been seven of these still-pending arrest warrants issued for Thaksin:

Thaksin-1.jpg

Any source for the above

It's a searchable item in the Thaivisa archives

http://www.thaivisa....ch&fromsearch=1

I thought normal etiquette was for the person who produces this type of "evidence" to provide a source but it probably suits you that I am not going to bother to wade through 14 pages and 331 threads trying to track down the source of the above "arrest warrant' let alone the 6 others. I'll just disregard it and leave it to some of your more gullible cheerleaders to lap up.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not exactly a fan of both sides and I think that bringing Thaksin back will not be in anyway beneficial to Thailand. It's a start of another crisis.

As a guest of the country and unable to vote I think it wise that Farangs should keep their views to themselves Big Brother is watching YOU !!!!

Wait...a...minute...... Are you implying that the government has English speaking experts reviewing comments made on ThaiVisa, and are preparing a blacklist to send us away ??? No problem, as I would not want to live in such a repressive country anyway. Also I will add my two satang, that Thaksin coming back will be the worst thing that ever happened to this country. And the Thai cabinet passing this endorsement in secret is standard behavior for this group of clowns..... :jap:

I can think of at least one poster here in TV, who seems to have a recurring wet dream about foreigners being deported for criticizing the current government, who I suspect would be all too happy to collaborate with that.

This isn't an amnesty. It is a pardon. The members need to understand this important difference.

An amnesty would be a "blanket coverage" or immunity over controversial issues that have not been convicted.

The proposed pardon would be for the 2 years sentenced in the Ratchadaphisek land case, and that case only.

As I understand it, there is a considerable number of other outstanding charges against the man that have not been tried yet.

What stops / protects him from being arrested and detained for any or all of those?

What would stop that from happening is an army of brain washed Red Shirt who would destroy anything and anyone that gets on the way of their hero, that's what.

The method of this attempt is all the proof needed that the crooks in charge of government are not only not fit to hold public office, but they are not fit for any sort of position that requires the tiniest smidgen of trust.

I'm not exactly a fan of both sides and I think that bringing Thaksin back will not be in anyway beneficial to Thailand. It's a start of another crisis.

As a guest of the country and unable to vote I think it wise that Farangs should keep their views to themselves Big Brother is watching YOU !!!!

Barely veiled threat?

Hey Kopite what makes you think most of the anti Thaksin comments on here come from Farangs

An utter disgrace, which will have the rest of the world laughing their heads off, except where the hamster can spin the news to the credulous as a victory for justice and the rule-of-law and democracy. :bah:

The only silver-lining one can see is that this will enable all the other stalled-cases to proceed, Oh except that convenient excuses will now emerge, and pressure be brought to bear, to have these dropped. :o

The sly behind-the-scenes way, in which this has been prioritised and carried-out says everything one needs to know, about TRT/PPP/PTP and their owner, and fully justifies the concerns which many farangs posting on TV have long expressed.

One hesitates to say so, because coups are not normally justified, but perhaps the time is now near, when the Re-Set Button should be pressed once-more. The interests of one man are not more important than the interests of the country as-a-whole. B)

An utter disgrace, which will have the rest of the world laughing their heads off, except where the hamster can spin the news to the credulous as a victory for justice and the rule-of-law and democracy. :bah:

The only silver-lining one can see is that this will enable all the other stalled-cases to proceed, Oh except that convenient excuses will now emerge, and pressure be brought to bear, to have these dropped. :o

The sly behind-the-scenes way, in which this has been prioritised and carried-out says everything one needs to know, about TRT/PPP/PTP and their owner, and fully justifies the concerns which many farangs posting on TV have long expressed.

One hesitates to say so, because coups are not normally justified, but perhaps the time is now near, when the Re-Set Button should be pressed once-more. The interests of one man are not more important than the interests of the country as-a-whole. B)

I don't hesitate to say so. War is coming anyway. Now seems like as good a time as any to let the bullets start flying.

If Thaksin is really that bad (as you people say he is), why is God still kept him alive?

Maybe god in his infinite wisdom is letting Taksin live his life to provide taksin with the opportunity to repent and admit his guilt before otherwise spending an eternity in hell. Taksin seems hell bent on ignoring this opportunity and uses the devils machinations to retain his hold on the country. - Amen

Good old PTP use the cover of the floods to bring back Baig T. The red supports will be here soon telling us how great this will be for Thailand. Ying luck should man up and tell dear brother he is on his own and she being the PM will do what is best for Thailand.

]YES ON HIS OWN that is correct, she not should but MUST tell him.

Reading post after post not a word about that the amnesty rule is that a convict

he / she must request amnesty themselves.Typical Thailand again (and for the complainers this is not being negative) This is LAW, something Thais have a hell of a time complying with. You want to experience it, just drive out the gate of your residence and immediately your are exposed to the lawless drivers and not only Thais, many farang included because that is why they have left their own country refusing to adhere to the laws of their own country. Like the Brit who had his driver license taken away by the British Court for 5-year for lawless driving behavior. British Company he works for gave him a 5-year contract working in Thailand and assisted in obtaining a Thai Driver License and back on the road - now in Thailand - he is lawless driving. He is known in the company as: "Pisshead". Piss in UK colloquial means Beer.

Edited by metisdead
Use default forum font when posting!

I'm sure they think the same way down in Tak Bai

Wow this is unbelievable. Millions still affected by the flood and now we see where this government's priorities lie. The country can be in shambles but they don't care as long as they can bring their beloved leader back. Shameful! :angry:

what's shameful is the man who did more positive things for thailand than anyone in recent history was couped out of office and forced into exile.

Wait...a...minute...... Are you implying that the government has English speaking experts reviewing comments made on ThaiVisa, and are preparing a blacklist to send us away ??? No problem, as I would not want to live in such a repressive country anyway. Also I will add my two satang, that Thaksin coming back will be the worst thing that ever happened to this country. And the Thai cabinet passing this endorsement in secret is standard behavior for this group of clowns..... :jap:

I dont have to worry about the boss coming home my colours are nailed. People like Sondhi and his mates will be kacking it 55555. I believed that the amnesty would be a trade for the guilty parties involved in the Rachaprasong crackdown but now it looks like they dont have anything to barter with. Taxi for Mark

If Thaksin is really that bad (as you people say he is), why is God still kept him alive?

Steve Job wasn't really that bad, why is God takes him along ?

Wow! Kudos to you, that you are actually answering that hep of bullcrap!

RT @tulsathit: Yingluck: "What amnesty? Ask Chalerm." Chalerm: "Don't ask me." Govt spokesperson Titima: "Nobody told me anything".

It's a cross between Abbott and Costello's routine (Who's on first?) and Hogan's Heroes Sgt. Schultz (I know nothing).

Maybe GW Bush should have tried this strategy when starting the last Iraqi war

GW: "What War? Ask Dick"

Dick C: Saddam who, Iraqi What?"

White house Spokesperson: " I know nothing"

And all the time the bombs fell

Steve Job wasn't really that bad, why is God takes him along ?

Steve Jobs actually embraced Buddhism and you could say he was deemed to be ready for

his rebirth whilst K. Thaksin is still alive because he still hasn't learned all his lessons yet ?:rolleyes:

I hope that the Thai people can now see what this man's (no he is not a man he is a despicable individual) and the PTP's priorities are.

The worst flood in 50 years and do they try to assist the people who are affected?

No! Thier number 1 priority is to get amnesty for a convicted criminal.

Shame! Shame! Shame!

What a nonsense comments. When the world was at war do you think respective governments did not talk about and plan for other things. Yes the floods are tragic but the world moves on. Sorry forgot the Dems and its cronies live in the past and want to keep it that way

This is Thailand and the present government won a fair election. What is being done is being decided by Thais and those of you who do not like it and/or the decisions being made should go back and put your own country to right. Obviously the Thai system is no good for you so why live in a country that you do not like when your country is obviously a paradise which was so good you had to get out and move elsewhere. As for me I accept that I am a guest here and happy with the system because it is the Thai way. When I become uncomfortable for whatever reason I will move on, maybe back to my own country. I respectfully suggest many of the posters have now reached this stage and should leave!

Boring & ridiculously stupid comment. I live here because I choose to live here, and I would have a view to express wherever I lived. I suggest that it is you that needs move back to your own country because clearly you do not feel comfortable with the right of any person to express an opinion.

Maybe god in his infinite wisdom is letting Taksin live his life to provide taksin with the opportunity to repent and admit his guilt before otherwise spending an eternity in hell. Taksin seems hell bent on ignoring this opportunity and uses the devils machinations to retain his hold on the country. - Amen

Thaksin, being a Buddhist, doesn't believe in God.

Thaksin doesn't believe he is guilty of anything.

Thaksin does believe he IS God.

This is Thailand and the present government won a fair election. What is being done is being decided by Thais and those of you who do not like it and/or the decisions being made should go back and put your own country to right. Obviously the Thai system is no good for you so why live in a country that you do not like when your country is obviously a paradise which was so good you had to get out and move elsewhere. As for me I accept that I am a guest here and happy with the system because it is the Thai way. When I become uncomfortable for whatever reason I will move on, maybe back to my own country. I respectfully suggest many of the posters have now reached this stage and should leave!

Boring & ridiculously stupid comment. I live here because I choose to live here, and I would have a view to express wherever I lived. I suggest that it is you that needs move back to your own country because clearly you do not feel comfortable with the right of any person to express an opinion.

Agreed, billmont clearly is using the old "it's the Thai way" to whitewash crimes and wrongs. I wonder if he'll post a similar comment if the Thai army stages another coup. Coups - its the Thai way!!! After all they've had more coups than we have fingers.

Like the Brit who had his driver license taken away by the British Court for 5-year for lawless driving behavior. British Company he works for gave him a 5-year contract working in Thailand and assisted in obtaining a Thai Driver License and back on the road - now in Thailand - he is lawless driving. He is known in the company as: "Pisshead". Piss in UK colloquial means Beer.

The person concerned broke the law in the UK and was punished accordingly, if the person concerned hasn’t broken any applicable laws in Thailand he is perfectly entitled to get a Thai DL and this would be the case in many countries, so don’t understand the point you are trying to make...

Ps...”UK colloquial pisshead” doesn’t mean beer, it means someone who drinks a lot of alcohol, its none specific....:rolleyes:

I hope that the Thai people can now see what this man's (no he is not a man he is a despicable individual) and the PTP's priorities are.

The worst flood in 50 years and do they try to assist the people who are affected?

No! Thier number 1 priority is to get amnesty for a convicted criminal.

Shame! Shame! Shame!

What a nonsense comments. When the world was at war do you think respective governments did not talk about and plan for other things. Yes the floods are tragic but the world moves on. Sorry forgot the Dems and its cronies live in the past and want to keep it that way

Floodtime - Yingluck appoints Thaksin's brother in law as head of police - Cronyism? Nepotism?

Floodtime - Yingluck appoints Thaksin's friend as head of Judiciary - Cronyism? Nepotism?

Floodtime - Yingluck attempts to have older brother pardonned - Cronyism? Nepotism?

Now point out to me what Cronyism the Dems did in their 2 years at the helm against this lot with their few months.

The country will get what it wanted and what it deserves.

The North voted for Yingluck and have to accept Taksin will be back and in control. Is this bad for the country I do not know. Good luck to all Thais

Right. When I was a student in San Diego University, I learned that an amnesty is only for persons having served at least a third of their therms in jail. Is that correct? Or in Thailand the laws work differently?

But, we don't need to worry as Thaksin said that he will not "PLAY" politics again.....let me laugh.

I think that's time that the Democrats ask for 10 millions baht for very people who died in the flood, just to put a stop to every demand of the Reds.

The North is not Thaksin main forces, it's the North-East, with all the poor isarn, who can't anymore send their daughters to Pattaya as Tourism is down to a minimum.

I think that Vietnam,Cambodia and Laos seems to be a good alternative.

Cheers Thailand

...crippled industry, falling tourist numbers, flooded homes, broke businesses, 700,000 jobs lost, farming output slashed, masive corruption in the "rice pledge" program, a diplomatic crisis with China and looming post-flood health problems....but its good to see the cabinet is focusing on the really important stuff.

A military source said yesterday the Mi-17 helicopter was actually equipped with radar and could fly at night. Ms Yingluck's delegation also could have had another helicopter for her return on Monday night, which the military was ready to provide.

The source said the prime minister's delegation seemed to intentionally extend her trip in Sing Buri because they boarded the helicopter nearly an hour later than scheduled.

Corruption on top of corruption and so transparent.

The military done a nice little bit of stiring. I wonder is another coup iminent? Or more riots perhaps? Or will it be Mai-bpen-rai?

Made me mad reading the article and I'm not Thai.

jb1

"equipped", but is it "working"

The Black Hawk have radar too. And it still clash in day-light.

I wouldn't take the risk, would you? Honestly.

Equipped but is it working. What do you think? Ok so they can still crash in daylight. So daytime/nightime no difference But she has still been using them over the time that she has been PM.

jb1

Night time the risk is higher.

Same same my mum ask me not to drive long distanct at night (to other provinces). Because the risk is higher.

Does that mean I will crash at night? Not likely, but my mum is no fool too, and I listen to her.

I think YS have made a wise choice.

Ok. Let's say that YS was afraid to fly at night. And lets set aside the question of how she gets to America other far away places for her meetings and shopping without having to fly at night. What stopped her from getting up twenty minutes earlier than usual to get a morning flight in time for her job? She was only about 150 km away.

The draft, which needs to be approved by King Bhumibol Adulyadej, would grant an amnesty to "convicts who are at least 60 years old and are sentenced to under three years in jail", according to the Bangkok Post English daily.

If this draft is approved, I guess we can expect no criticism of it on these boards, given the nature of its endorsement.

If it weren't for the obvious fallacy of LM, I'd be amused by this possible outcome.

You raise an extremely interesting and I imagine, accurate point. Frankly, I don't think they can pull this stunt off, but time will tell.

...crippled industry, falling tourist numbers, flooded homes, broke businesses, 700,000 jobs lost, farming output slashed, masive corruption in the "rice pledge" program, a diplomatic crisis with China and looming post-flood health problems....but its good to see the cabinet is focusing on the really important stuff.

What about the downside of the equation?:rolleyes:

It's the way they did it that sums this mafia up.

Yingluck sneaks off to Singburi and states that "Oh it's dark now, my helicopter can't fly in the dark because it has no radar so I can't return for my cabinet meeting"

Army says "of course that model has radar and so does the other helicopter that is on standby"

Chalerm the magnificent holds the meeting kicking out all but a select few cronies. Meeting is "secret" - well all know why. Meeting agrees to this amnestty.

When cabinet is asked about the meeting the outcome is silence, no comment or Plodprasop "I can't say, it's a secret"

Yingluck, when asked, says "Don't ask me what they did - I wasn't there"

Absolute disgrace.

I couldn't agree more. Watching the government act is reminiscent of a high school soap opera. It's apparent that the sole objective of this government is getting Thaksin back. Since the flood has hit, they've gotten their feet wet but have done nothing more than to make the situation confused therefore losing support from many original supporters. Big bro will be back just in time to show little sis how to properly steal flood donation/rebuilding money from the Thai people who elected them.

For any amnesty to be useful to the country (just in case that is a consideration!) - 2 conditions -

1) Amnesty should only be for those 'events' which have had a full confession, including naming those others involved;

2) Amnesty should be conditional on future good behavior - otherwise, liable for all crimes -