Thai Cabinet Endorses Thaksin Amnesty Plan: Reports

webfact

Good old PTP use the cover of the floods to bring back Baig T. The red supports will be here soon telling us how great this will be for Thailand. Ying luck should man up and tell dear brother he is on his own and she being the PM will do what is best for Thailand.

I think you confuse her as a leader

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is Thailand and the present government won a fair election. What is being done is being decided by Thais and those of you who do not like it and/or the decisions being made should go back and put your own country to right. Obviously the Thai system is no good for you so why live in a country that you do not like when your country is obviously a paradise which was so good you had to get out and move elsewhere. As for me I accept that I am a guest here and happy with the system because it is the Thai way. When I become uncomfortable for whatever reason I will move on, maybe back to my own country. I respectfully suggest many of the posters have now reached this stage and should leave!

What is fair about lies and deception. The like it or leave brigade has struck again. :lol:

jb1

The ONLY thing that Yinluck is good at is lieing!!! .

I bet that's not the only thing she is good at wink.gif

Given that she has a son she must at least be acceptable at something else...

I see the character and quality of the criticism here on TVF has improved lately....

The Oppostion in Parliament can have a field day with this if it happens and I hope they do. Not making political capital of mismanagement during a flood crisis was honorable , but this, throw the book at the lying puppet PM and her terrorist party and go as far as they can to destroy the government legally.

Maybe i am missing something here (quite possible)

But the Amnesty isn't guaranteed, they have/trying to amended the 'rules' that will allow him to qualify for Amnesty, but it still needs to be approved (presumably on a case-by-case basis) by the Royal Household, doesn't it?

No, it's a group pardon and no case-by-case review is conducted.

Previously it has involved thousands of prisoners.

Whilst the government may propose certain people for amnesty, it doesn't guarantee it...

That part is an affirmative.

The Oppostion in Parliament can have a field day with this if it happens and I hope they do. Not making political capital of mismanagement during a flood crisis was honorable , but this, throw the book at the lying puppet PM and her terrorist party and go as far as they can to destroy the government legally.

Or they could just do what normal democracies do - make sure you are electable and then win an election - the democrats really should try that approach sometime...............................

Quote from the AFP item:

"The return of Thaksin, a deeply divisive figure in Thailand, would likely anger his foes in the Bangkok-based elites in the military, palace and bureaucracy and could spark further turmoil after years of violent protests."

AFP still latching onto the 'elites' spin.

What should have also been mentioned is that there are many many Thai citizens from all walks of life, rich, poor and between, who also dislike / severely dislike, oppose thaksin and what he stands for. Their voices and desires are just as important if not more important than the opinions etc., of the bureaucrats.

It's a double miss.

Anti-Thaksin includes others besides elite.

Pro-Thaksin includes elite amongst others.

I thought you had to be guilty to get an amnesty, Thaksin said he isnt guilty!!

And dont you have to be in prison to be let out?

He should be in prison , admit his guilt and shame first.

That's the difference between an amnesty and a pardon - read the bangkok pundit piece for more information.

Or they could just do what normal democracies do - make sure you are electable and then win an election - the democrats really should try that approach sometime...............................

Umm Really. there are masses out there who will never vote Democratic, two and a half years of good economic management /growth during a world recession and assisting poorer Thais had no impact , during any election many of the electorate have their minds made up or made up for them.

The method that Thaksin and his cronies are using is so shameless that the news should be put on the front page of every newspaper. Then the people can hopefully see what kind of people they have elected to power.

but then, what is the majority Thai media's point of view ? we hear it is loud and clear on the Nation, how about others, especially Thai language media ? on the first page, or the thirteen page ?

sorry I am in my evacuee camp and not able to find news stand yet.

Wow this is unbelievable. Millions still affected by the flood and now we see where this government's priorities lie. The country can be in shambles but they don't care as long as they can bring their beloved leader back. Shameful! :angry:

what's shameful is the man who did more positive things for thailand than anyone in recent history was couped out of office and forced into exile.

:bah: say it enough times happysanook and YOU will really believe that! :angry:

Edited by maipompui

Quote from the AFP item:

"The return of Thaksin, a deeply divisive figure in Thailand, would likely anger his foes in the Bangkok-based elites in the military, palace and bureaucracy and could spark further turmoil after years of violent protests."

AFP still latching onto the 'elites' spin.

What should have also been mentioned is that there are many many Thai citizens from all walks of life, rich, poor and between, who also dislike / severely dislike, oppose thaksin and what he stands for. Their voices and desires are just as important if not more important than the opinions etc., of the bureaucrats.

That would be slightly less than half the population.

Not hardly a inconsequential block of voters and their families.

So this is not acceptable, unless you subscribe to

the absolute tyranny controlled by a very close majority.

Again, they shoot themselves in the foot regarding their warcrys:

- Quality democracy

- Equal application of the law regardless of rich or poor etc

- No doube standards

Edited by scorecard

As I understand it, there is a considerable number of other outstanding charges against the man that have not been tried yet.

What stops / protects him from being arrested and detained for any or all of those?

There have been seven of these still-pending arrest warrants issued for Thaksin:

Thaksin-1.jpg

Any source for the above

It's a searchable item in the Thaivisa archives

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

Wow this is unbelievable. Millions still affected by the flood and now we see where this government's priorities lie. The country can be in shambles but they don't care as long as they can bring their beloved leader back. Shameful! :angry:

what's shameful is the man who did more positive things for thailand than anyone in recent history was couped out of office and forced into exile.

:bah: say it enough times happysanook and YOU will really believe that! :angry:

What positive things did he do?

Let's start with massive open vote buying vote, on a scale never seen before? Is that one of your positives?

RT @tulsathit: Chalerm: Royal amnesty decree is not final yet. Committee will still have to look into legal matters.

RT @tulsathit: Chalerm admits the amnesty issue was discussed at a closed door Cabinet meet, but insists nothing not been finalised. via @Neaw_NBC

RT @tulsathit: Democrats threaten to censure govt if amnesty covers Thaksin. - TPBS

Should read: What's shameful is the man who did more positive things for Thailand than anyone in recent history was so CORRUPT while in office and fled before he served his time for that corruption.

Umm Really. there are masses out there who will never vote Democratic, two and a half years of good economic management /growth during a world recession and assisting poorer Thais had no impact , during any election many of the electorate have their minds made up or made up for them.

Maybe censoring hundred thousand ++ internet pages had...

This is Thailand and the present government won a fair election. What is being done is being decided by Thais and those of you who do not like it and/or the decisions being made should go back and put your own country to right. Obviously the Thai system is no good for you so why live in a country that you do not like when your country is obviously a paradise which was so good you had to get out and move elsewhere. As for me I accept that I am a guest here and happy with the system because it is the Thai way. When I become uncomfortable for whatever reason I will move on, maybe back to my own country. I respectfully suggest many of the posters have now reached this stage and should leave!

Take a good look around here at TV; many of us call Thailand our home even though we do not have any voting rights and many have even started families here so we have all become stakeholders like it or not. Plus, since the government was a "champion for democracy" all along, one of the benefits it will now enjoy is difference of opinion from all levels of society despite their plans to silence these voices (i.e. the proposed Printing Act, etc.)

Will it affect the Thai Baht against the dollar or pound? If not I couldn't care less if he comes back. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know as they say.

What happened in the USA and the Uk with those crooks robbing people of their life savings makes Thaksin look like a saint.

As a farang there is very little room room to talk about corruption in Thailand..

You are confused

Yes They are crooks

In Thailand they are civil servants.

I thought you had to be guilty to get an amnesty, Thaksin said he isnt guilty!!

And dont you have to be in prison to be let out?

Technicalities. I don't know, but I would guess that one could be guilty whether or not the guilty party agreed. And as to having to be in prison? Well that's such a minor point that I expect it to be ignored. And if I'm wrong and it's not minor, then all that needs to be done is for Mr. T to stop by the prison for a tour between when he lands and his triumphal parade.

So if you are doomed never to win an election (because the electorate don't know what's good for them and keep on voting in the other lot) it's Ok if you gain power by Army or Judicial coups? And now this latest attempt?

The method that Thaksin and his cronies are using is so shameless that the news should be put on the front page of every newspaper. Then the people can hopefully see what kind of people they have elected to power.

but then, what is the majority Thai media's point of view ? we hear it is loud and clear on the Nation, how about others, especially Thai language media ? on the first page, or the thirteen page ?

sorry I am in my evacuee camp and not able to find news stand yet.

Khao Sod newspaper (in Thai) includes photo of Yingluck returning in the helicopter (guess it's not so dangerous afterall):

http://www.khaosod.co.th/view_news.php?newsid=TUROd01ERXdOREUyTVRFMU5BPT0=&sectionid=TURNd01RPT0=&day=TWpBeE1TMHhNUzB4Tmc9PQ==

Kom Chad Luek newspaper (in Thai):

http://www.komchadluek.net/detail/20111116/115141/%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B0%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%B8%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%9E.%E0%B8%A3.%E0%B8%8E.%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%A0%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%A2%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A9%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A9%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%93.html

Naew Na newspaper (in Thai):

http://www.naewna.com/news.asp?ID=288316

Daily News newspaper (in Thai):

http://www.dailynews.co.th/newstartpage/index.cfm?page=content&categoryID=8&contentID=176296

RT @tulsathit: Yingluck: "What amnesty? Ask Chalerm." Chalerm: "Don't ask me." Govt spokesperson Titima: "Nobody told me anything".

Maybe its TOP SECRET - so secret in fact, that the only people that know about it are TV forum members!!!!:jap:.

RT @tulsathit: Yingluck: "What amnesty? Ask Chalerm." Chalerm: "Don't ask me." Govt spokesperson Titima: "Nobody told me anything".

Ooooh, we're in for one crazy ride in the next couple months! Fasten your seatbelts, it's gonna be a bumpy flight!

:jerk: :sick: :jerk: