Non-O Extension - Money In Bank, Type Of Acct Requirement

Taking a shot that someone definitively knows the answer to this:

For the Non-O based on marriage 1 year extension. I know the requirements are 40k proof of income per month or 400k in a thai bank for at least 60 days.

Regarding the 400k in the bank option, I have a Fixed Income Treasury Fund account with Kasikorn Bank solely in my name. This account does have a bank book where I can get a daily balance, interest accrued and Nav pricing. It will show a balance of 400k with a deposit date along with a updated balance of 400k (to prove the 60 days) when I apply for the visa. Will this work if I stick the 400k there?

Or must it be a "Savings Deposit" account?

I'd like to get at least a minimal amount of interest on that cash :)

Thanks in advance.

The Immigration requirements are that the funds are accessible at any time.

Up to the Officer whether your method is accepted. Last time I looked there were a few term deposits available with reasonable interest rates offered which were always accessible BUT of course if you withdraw any cash you immediately lose the better interest rates.

Edited by ljerams

I believe the deciding factor is if you have direct access to the money and can withdraw it at any time. If you deposit it for a fixed time wiht no access to it it will not be allowed.

In case you go for the money in the bank, immigration might also want to see a bankbook with some money in it to see you have money to spend.

• 5 months later...

I've just been to Siam Commercial Bank. The accountant told me, that he has a customer with a fund book >800kTHB, who was denied by the immigration. Even if you are able transfer from fund book to savings within one day.

Me, I have a 1mTHB fund book as well, which was always accepted by the Thai consulate for the non-imm-o visa. In my saving accounts, I just have 750kTHB.

What is your opinion? Will they deny my visa extension at Jomtien? Will a combination of these accounts and chanots of condos in my name be sufficient?