What "Add Ons" Can You Typically Get With A New Car?

rmicheald

I will be buying a new Nissan car in the next few months. What typically can you get as add-ons? I know that the prices are fixed and that the extras that the dealer will throw in make the difference between dealerships. What can I can I expect to get if I bargain hard? The car I am looking at is the Nissan Almira which will cost 599,000 baht.

Thanks in advance...

This is between you and the dealer. I recently walked out of a Toyota dealership when buying a Fortuner. The previous perks like free insurance etc. had all gone, but they offered 30,000 baht of "free" extras. Didn't matter what I suggested, they couldn't or wouldn't do. Best they would come up with were wind shields on the windows. When I pointed out that these were only 900 baht. They made a big issue of tinting the windows, but could not understand why I did not want ANY tint at all. I cannot see out tinted windows at night. Better you make a list before you go in there. Mind you, at this time, with car plants under water and demand outpacing supply, you might get shown the door anyway

When I first bought my very first fortuner some 4.5 years ago, I went to

about a dozen or so dealerships in BKK. After lots of talking and research,

I found out that they get a 40K baht allowance on extras plus free insurance.

The price tends to fluctuate a bit as well, as Toyota runs various deals

throughout the year and they can modify the order dates to get a better

price for you.

I ended up buying the car from a rather young sales guy, who gave me

the least bs and I felt he was more or less honest.

I got a new one about 6 months ago and traded the old on in. I went to the

banglamoung Toyota (Toyota Pattaya 1998) dealer and the lady there seemed

to be down to earth and spoke decent English. I told her exactly what deal I

wanted and explained that I got the same on my previous car. I got a brochure

of all extras in advance and told her everything I wanted. After a bit of moaning

she accepted and I have been a happy, The dealership closer to Pattaya (east

side of Sukhumvit) seems to employ moron sales people only. They didn't won't

to give anything free and offered tinted windows for 12,000 baht !

No idea how nissan dealers deal, but hope this is useful anyway.

Chears,

rudi

If you want to buy a Nissan,take the time to make a trip to the Nissan dealer in Rayong ( road # 36) and will not be dissapointed.I can't speak about current time as production might be dissrupted by the floods,but normally they hold a large stock of the popular models,while in Pattaya you will have to wait for weeks or months.

When I bought my Navara,now 20 months ago,it made a difference of more than 30.000 Baht on the best conditions I could get in Pattaya and delivery within 1 week ( any colour or version I wanted) while in Pattaya it would take 5 weeks at least.They weren't even able to show me a Navara.

If you want to buy a Nissan,take the time to make a trip to the Nissan dealer in Rayong ( road # 36) and will not be dissapointed.I can't speak about current time as production might be dissrupted by the floods,but normally they hold a large stock of the popular models,while in Pattaya you will have to wait for weeks or months.

When I bought my Navara,now 20 months ago,it made a difference of more than 30.000 Baht on the best conditions I could get in Pattaya and delivery within 1 week ( any colour or version I wanted) while in Pattaya it would take 5 weeks at least.They weren't even able to show me a Navara.

I would wholehartedly agree about looking outside Pattaya. I recently purchased a truck and ended up buying through a Bangkok dealer (it was before the floods) as the Pattaya dealers just did not seem that interested. Much better deal and were willing to offer a lot more.

Edited by topt

Before buying from this dealer, please read this post from the Motor Forum

I've read many times that buying a car or truck outside Pattaya is cheaper. What (apart from getting there) are the downsides, and where are the cheapest places?

I would suggest BKK (when not flooded :whistling: ) as there are more dealers and hence more competition. However if you know exactly what you want you could just get hold of a dealer list and ring them up to start with. If you read Thai or have a Thai partner get them to search for Thai recommendations online.

Downsides - if you have any issues with dealer provided extras that need fixing and it is not worth the journey back to dealer you bought from then the local dealer will charge you.