Archers

Ulysses G.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went there a couple of years ago and found the place satisfactory, deh wah lacking in atmosphere. Three of us expats went and although the food was aroi it was not what I would call aroi mak mak. None of us have felt an urgent need to return since.

All this talk of roasts has got me hungry for one though, so I may have to try again!

I went there a couple of years ago and found the place satisfactory, deh wah lacking in atmosphere. Three of us expats went and although the food was aroi it was not what I would call aroi mak mak. None of us have felt an urgent need to return since.

All this talk of roasts has got me hungry for one though, so I may have to try again!

The OP is asking what it is like now, not a couple of years ago ;)

I have eaten there a few times and must say I have found the food very good every time. I would particularly recommend the gordon blue, the best I have had in Chiang Mai but a country mile. The roast will be the next thing I try there, I intend to pop down for a Sunday to. If its good could possible also be an option for Christmas. Mark the owner is also a nice guy, always very helpful and chatty.

We were going there regularly on on our visits to Chaing Mai and we ate most of our meals there as the food was horrible and expensive in our hotel. Really good hambugers i remember and my gf said the thai food was pretty good. Mark and his wife were good people too.

Try the Sunday roast,you won't be disappointed.

I concur. I thought it was good. The guy who runs the place seems to know what he is doing and is very pleasant.

One bit of constructive criticism though, I would give customers a larger portion of roasted potatoes even if they have to charge more. Someone mentioned this on another thread and I agree. It would make the meal more filling and IMHO the portion now is just too small for someone who really enjoys roast potatoes with their Sunday roast.

I've been several times and the food has always been good and the roast was great. Some of the dishes are the best (I agree about the cordon bleu comment above) and some are better elsewhere but when you consider the prices then its a big recommendation. The host Mark a good laugh but not in the mornings when he's quite obviously hungover.

Try the Sunday roast,you won't be disappointed.

I concur. I thought it was good. The guy who runs the place seems to know what he is doing and is very pleasant.

One bit of constructive criticism though, I would give customers a larger portion of roasted potatoes even if they have to charge more. Someone mentioned this on another thread and I agree. It would make the meal more filling and IMHO the portion now is just too small for someone who really enjoys roast potatoes with their Sunday roast.

Maybe restaurant's could ask "upsize for x baht"......like Burger King and McD.biggrin.gif

I haven't made Archers yet but found Sweethearts today and had their roast. Not bad. Plenty of vegetables and a large Yorkshire pudding replica. But if you are hanging out for roast vegetables forget it. Two, very small, roast spuds. You won't go home hungry. Baht 195.

I went there yesterday for the first time, the host and hostess were very welcoming, have you met Graham from the Pub? The yorkshire puddings were the best I've had in Thailand, the presentation of the food and the portion was excellent value for money, 200 baht. I'll certainly be going back and would recommend people to try it.

I went there yesterday for the first time, the host and hostess were very welcoming, have you met Graham from the Pub? The yorkshire puddings were the best I've had in Thailand, the presentation of the food and the portion was excellent value for money, 200 baht. I'll certainly be going back and would recommend people to try it.

I went yesterday too...great Sunday lunch, but the menu says its 275 for Sunday Lunch , and that's what we paid, worth every baht, but its not 200B

I went yesterday too...great Sunday lunch, but the menu says its 275 for Sunday Lunch , and that's what we paid, worth every baht, but its not 200B

It certainly is 200 Baht, don't know where you get 275 from?

Did you have something to drink? I paid 200 too.

Did you have something to drink? I paid 200 too.

I've never been there but the blackboard menu in the photo that dave2 posted clearly says 200 Baht. <_<

You fooled me I thought you were talking about the people with a bow and arrow.:P

Me 2

post-51988-0-80988500-1321776223_thumb.j

Archers? "An every day story of country folk" according to BBC Radio 4. But maybe that was a few years ago.....?

Never heard the name before. Can anyone give a name to the street? Same with Sweethearts?

Yes, I should get out more.

And Mr Thompson, where does Graham from The Pub figure in all this? Are you saying he gives a great welcome? If so, I must have missed that microsecond mistake.

You fooled me I thought you were talking about the people with a bow and arrow.:P

Me 2

And Mr Thompson, where does Graham from The Pub figure in all this? Are you saying he gives a great welcome? If so, I must have missed that microsecond mistake.

LOLcheesy.gif No just my weird sense of humour.

Me 2

Archers? "An every day story of country folk" according to BBC Radio 4. But maybe that was a few years ago.....?

Never heard the name before. Can anyone give a name to the street? Same with Sweethearts?

Yes, I should get out more.

Archers is on the street with Wowee coffee on the corner (not too far from AUA). If you are on walking street, you turn North and go about half a block. I think that it is the same shophouse that a guy name Don had a center for the disabled for many years.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Me 2

LOLcheesy.gif No just my weird sense of humour.

I assumed by his mention of Graham at The Pub, that was the establishment he was talking of, I was obviously wrong

• 5 months later...