Successful Relationships With Thai Women

PattaniMan

What is it with some posters who are willing to defend their stereotypes in the face of facts? Talk about blinkered... :whistling:

"If nothing else works a total pigheaded unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through..."

- General Melchett

Edited by Forethat

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it with some posters who are willing to defend their stereotypes in the face of facts? Talk about blinkered... :whistling:

"If nothing else works a total pigheaded unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through..."

- General Melchett

LOL - captures that kind of dogmatic spirit so well.

Edited by TingTawng

Anyone thinking that female on male domestic violence is on a par with male on female domestic violence is living in cloud cuckoo land.

When someone refuses to take on board facts, and displays every sign of idiocy and ignorance, is it really ad hominem to describe him as he is?

So you choose to ignore the findings of 282 studies (and there are a lot more out there) because of your dogmatic ignorance and childish refusal to "lose an argument".

No, 93% doesn't represent the number of male perpetrators of domestic violence - not according to all the studies I provided. YOU came up with the figure of 93% (not any study), by simply ignoring the problems men face, and looking only at conviction rates which reflect this reality (for men):-

• Nowhere to go - negligible support for men (shelters etc)
  • Police less likely to believe them
  • Breadwinners are the losers in any divorce/split - reporting your bullying spouse is likely to end in a divorce / loss of house / even crazily loss of custody of kids as breadwinner is not "stay at home" parent

Why would the Home Office stats even record 40% of victims being male if you are right?

Data from Home Office statistical bulletins and the British Crime Survey show that men made up about 40% of domestic violence victims each year between 2004-05 and 2008-09, the last year for which figures are available. In 2006-07 men made up 43.4% of all those who had suffered partner abuse in the previous year, which rose to 45.5% in 2007-08 but fell to 37.7% in 2008-09.

Similar or slightly larger numbers of men were subjected to severe force in an incident with their partner, according to the same documents. The figure stood at 48.6% in 2006-07, 48.3% the next year and 37.5% in 2008-09, Home Office statistics show.

The 2008-09 bulletin states: "More than one in four women (28%) and around one in six men (16%) had experienced domestic abuse since the age of 16. These figures are equivalent to an estimated 4.5 million female victims of domestic abuse and 2.6 million male victims."

In addition, "6% of women and 4% of men reported having experienced domestic abuse in the past year, equivalent to an estimated one million female victims of domestic abuse and 600,000 male victims".

Also, it is your job to argue against all 282 studies and say why they are inaccurate. Nothing more to say on this, because I'm dealing with someone who isn't capable of absorbing facts.

Supplying facts to you is as futile as trying to collect water with a sieve! :lol:

First of all...........

post-132287-0-73236500-1323165463_thumb.

Secondly here's your Xmas present........

and thirdly.......I wished you and your family a very Merry Xmas and you gave me abuse

Your a very bad man dry.gif

Well thanks. I enjoyed the video! Happy Christmas to you and your family too - hope the new year treats you well too (just to be clear, no sarcasm to be found here!).

Anyone thinking that female on male domestic violence is on a par with male on female domestic violence is living in cloud cuckoo land.

When someone refuses to take on board facts, and displays every sign of idiocy and ignorance, is it really ad hominem to describe him as he is?

So you choose to ignore the findings of 282 studies (and there are a lot more out there) because of your dogmatic ignorance and childish refusal to "lose an argument".

No, 93% doesn't represent the number of male perpetrators of domestic violence - not according to all the studies I provided. YOU came up with the figure of 93% (not any study), by simply ignoring the problems men face, and looking only at conviction rates which reflect this reality (for men):-

• Nowhere to go - negligible support for men (shelters etc)
  • Police less likely to believe them
  • Breadwinners are the losers in any divorce/split - reporting your bullying spouse is likely to end in a divorce / loss of house / even crazily loss of custody of kids as breadwinner is not "stay at home" parent

Why would the Home Office stats even record 40% of victims being male if you are right?

Data from Home Office statistical bulletins and the British Crime Survey show that men made up about 40% of domestic violence victims each year between 2004-05 and 2008-09, the last year for which figures are available. In 2006-07 men made up 43.4% of all those who had suffered partner abuse in the previous year, which rose to 45.5% in 2007-08 but fell to 37.7% in 2008-09.

Similar or slightly larger numbers of men were subjected to severe force in an incident with their partner, according to the same documents. The figure stood at 48.6% in 2006-07, 48.3% the next year and 37.5% in 2008-09, Home Office statistics show.

The 2008-09 bulletin states: "More than one in four women (28%) and around one in six men (16%) had experienced domestic abuse since the age of 16. These figures are equivalent to an estimated 4.5 million female victims of domestic abuse and 2.6 million male victims."

In addition, "6% of women and 4% of men reported having experienced domestic abuse in the past year, equivalent to an estimated one million female victims of domestic abuse and 600,000 male victims".

Also, it is your job to argue against all 282 studies and say why they are inaccurate. Nothing more to say on this, because I'm dealing with someone who isn't capable of absorbing facts.

Supplying facts to you is as futile as trying to collect water with a sieve! :lol:

Most female on male abuse would be verbal/ psychological and as such would not come into any statistics.

Nagging would be the most common form of female abuse, but try going to the police station and reporting that!

Most female on male abuse would be verbal/ psychological and as such would not come into any statistics.

Nagging would be the most common form of female abuse, but try going to the police station and reporting that!

In the UK, wife threw boiling water over me when my back was turned. Hit with plates, bottles, ornaments. Assorted punches and slaps.

In Thailand, live in lover punched me in the face, several times, while I was asleep (it woke me up), chased me with carving knife, stamped on my food (all separate incidents)

No nagging for me, out and out physical violence.

(I don't think I'm a wimp, but I can't bring myself to hit a woman back, so maybe I am)

Out of a total of 4 relationships, 2 involved domestic violence aimed at me, 1 involved self harming as a means to control me, 1 non violent (but she was married to someone else).

Edited by ludditeman

thai people must be the most boring people on earth, because according to many people here they are all the same, bloodsucking leeches.

sad that so many people view them this way, i know so many good thai girls.

There are so many bad ones on the take, but let's face it, western men only get the opportunity to meet these girls mostly.

the good girls, and there are many, are not so easy to find as most western man are not going to find them wondering the tourist regions or bars.

there are amazing thai girls out there, my wife for one, and several beautiful friends that i am blessed to know.

to much negativity here.

there are amazing thai girls out there, my wife for one, and several beautiful friends that i am blessed to know.

to much negativity here.

I completely agree. Most of the Thai women I meet are polite, friendly, and willing to help. I think they get an very unfair reputation. Considering most Thai men I meet are unbelievably immature, passive-aggressive, and selfish (just my personal experience), all of my Thai friends are either women or homosexual men. I believe a lot depends on who you choose to associate with. I'm 23 and a student. I don't drink or party, and I'm dating a woman my own age. I think this makes a huge difference. My Thai girlfriend is older than me by a year, has higher education (post-graduate in process while I only have a bachelor's degree), and she's the best English speaker I've met in Thailand. We don't have anything in common. I love jazz, playing piano, fishing, shooting, reading, and traveling. She likes staying up all night competing in Warcraft tournaments, math, programming, robots, watching sports, playing badminton, volleyball, etc. Although we have virtually no common interests, in fact I have just about zero interest in sports, math or computer programming, we've lived together for 6 months now. Things have been great, and we've never fought. All of her friends are honest, sincere, and smart women who've gone on to become doctors, dentists, and computer programmers. She's the ONLY thing keeping me in Thailand, and especially Bangkok. I don't like to complain about things on this forum, but I do have a little sympathy for some of those who are subjected to the "If you don't like living in Thailand, why don't you leave?" threads.

Edited by Albacore

hi-so = moody, selfish, spoilt woman with entitlement complex who models herself on the moody, selfish, spoilt women she watches on lakorns.

Can someone explain to me the appeal of such a woman, other than for a farang male to sound superior on thaivisa.com? B)

it is abundantly clear that neither you not the majority of posters here actually understand what Hi-so means.

Aren't you supposed to offer your description of "hi-so" here?

to be honest, i see little point in adding to the discussion, but here is one of the better attempts at explaining it

http://whatismatt.com/hi-so-in-thailand/

to quote:

“Hi-so” is a word often misused. High-society is a birthright and is not directly related to money. It’s about a surname, it’s about tradition, and it’s about how someone is raised. It’s not something you can buy into.

the real hi-so is a form of Thai aristocracy and is not simply someone who flashes cash about.