Police Confiscate Musicians Instruments

atyclb

Maybe 3 nights ago at Suk side of Terminal 21 noticed a police pickup with lights flashing, some thai and western musicians being spoken to by police. Their instruments still there including drum set, etc etc. The Thai's looked official and they were playing to raise funds to help flood victims as there was a sign and donation box.

I'd imagine they had the permission of Terminal 21 since they had played on Term 21 property.

Anyway, police loaded all the instruments on their pickup truck. I left did not hang around to watch more.Did not appear as if the musicians were arrested.

Anyone really believe that to play for an hour or so out of good will and generosity, not for compensation, but to help some people that lost so much, deserve to have their instruments taken?

Edited by atyclb

<br />'Maybe' 'I'd imagine' 'looked official' 'I left did not hang around to watch more' 'Did not appear'<br /><br />Do you actually have any concrete evidence of what happened or are you just pandering to your own prejudices?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

+1

For all we know the cop's pick-up was how the band was transporting their instruments to and from the gig.

Maybe Terminal 21 asked them to leave - waited - then called the cops. Or just called the cops.

Maybe no WP and they argued with the cops

Maybe they had no evidence that they were sending the money somewhere useful

TIT don’t expect things to be rational.

Maybe the cops were just being normal...

There are many who claim to be raising funds for charity while are actually pocketing the proceeds for themselves. Have seen students with cardboard boxes collecting funds at malls and then later see them eating as a group at Sizzlers, etc!!!!!!! If fact a law should be passed that any entity that is collecting funds for a charity should have a permit first and follwed by statements of funds raised and expenses incurred that is made known to the public either online or via publications etc.

Of course when it comes to politicians, tv channels and celebrities collecting funds......I give up......these are the biggest crooks!

There are many who claim to be raising funds for charity while are actually pocketing the proceeds for themselves. Have seen students with cardboard boxes collecting funds at malls and then later see them eating as a group at Sizzlers, etc!!!!!!!

Students who eat together at Sizzler must be thieves?

I dont believe very much either when I see so called charity fund raising in thailand. even unicef had to change its policy. before their bonafide volunteers collected cash donations but too much was disappearing. currently they only accept via credit card.