What Aircard To Buy And Where To Buy?

BartPattaya

I live on a resort right now and the resort's wifi is pretty bad (slow connection shared with all the guests, y'all know what i mean).

Since i can't have my private internet connection here, I was looking for an aircard solution. What is the best wireless connection available for pattaya?

There are some good ones listed here, the Huawei E173 will work with android devices which a lot wont, the one I would choose is the Huawei e586 MIFI which supports both AIS and True 21mbps and you can connect a few devices to it by wifi and it has its own battery.

i just upgraded from Hutch Edge to True 3G+

fantastic!!

Test against: Singapore Last Result:

Download Speed: 9839 kbps (1229.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 1572 kbps (196.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 95 ms

22 November 2011 15:08:27

Internet speed test for Internet broadband ver 2.1.1 © 2006-2010 thaivisa.com

Ah, I think I misunderstood what an aircard is. I thought it is like a dongle for my notebook so I can have decent internet on it. Basically what i need is a USB device with sim card and internet subscription.

My location is: Soi 15 Thappraya Rd Pattaya, which is halfway between Jomtien and Pattaya 2nd road.

Thanks for the current advice tho!

There are some good ones listed here , the Huawei E173 will work with android devices which a lot wont, the one I would choose is the Huawei e586 MIFI which supports both AIS and True 21mbps and you can connect a few devices to it by wifi and it has its own battery.

this link is just what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

However, had to remove the link in my reply since i cant post links with -72 hour membership on the forum.

Can you please post the link when you are permitted too? I will be on my hols for three months in Pattaya starting next month and I usually connect to the internet through mobile phone/laptop link but it is so slow I normally end up going too a cafe but am interested in the usb way as that is the way I connect in the UK and it seems to work ok.

Thanks.

Can you please post the link when you are permitted too? I will be on my hols for three months in Pattaya starting next month and I usually connect to the internet through mobile phone/laptop link but it is so slow I normally end up going too a cafe but am interested in the usb way as that is the way I connect in the UK and it seems to work ok.

Thanks.

He was reffering to the link in Bazmlb's post.

Thanks.

www.totalaircard.com/categories/Android-Aircard

There are some good ones listed here , the Huawei E173 will work with android devices which a lot wont, the one I would choose is the Huawei e586 MIFI which supports both AIS and True 21mbps and you can connect a few devices to it by wifi and it has its own battery.

this link is just what I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

However, had to remove the link in my reply since i cant post links with -72 hour membership on the forum.

I think that you should try to obtain a HSPA Quad Band modem. THe Huawei E173 would not be my choice, especially as there are so many variants. Also, the Huawei E586 does not support both TRUE and AIS 3G, so you might want to hold off on that too.

You need a specification of HSPA 850/900/1900/2100 to cover all bands at the moment.

This ZTE MF668A covers all bands, but as to whether you will find one in Pattaya....I doubt it.

In general they will try to sell you one that channels AIS 3G or TRUE 3G, but not both. The is also 'my' 3G by CAT on the same band as TRUE, but that is PostPay only AFAIK. 590 baht plus VAT for 'unlimited' access(namely 4GB after which is throttled down to 256kbps).

TOT 3G is on the way.

This ZTE MF668A covers all bands, but as to whether you will find one in Pattaya....I doubt it.

Look closer at this link. It shows a tri-band 3G (850/900/2100 which is an odd combo), not a quad band 3G (850/900/1900/2100). If you do a Google search you will find that it is a tri-band 3G supporting 850/1900/2100. I suspect there are errors in this link, as if you translate the Thai with Google it will say something like no SIM support. I couldn't find any link that showed it as supporting the AIS 3G 900 Mhz.

Unfortunately, the links to ZTE for the MF668A aren't working. However there are two versions. I suspect maybe they have one that supports 850/1900/2100 3G or 900/1900/2100 3G as I found one site that showed 850/(900)/1900/2100 3G.

The reason I bring this up is just before the floods a dealer at TukCom ordered one. When it arrived it did not work with True 3G. The dealer called and another one was going to be sent. However because of the floods in Bangkok, it never arrived.

Edited by BB1950

Look closer at this link. It shows a tri-band 3G (850/900/2100 which is an odd combo), not a quad band 3G (850/900/1900/2100). If you do a Google search you will find that it is a tri-band 3G supporting 850/1900/2100. I suspect there are errors in this link, as if you translate the Thai with Google it will say something like no SIM support. I couldn't find any link that showed it as supporting the AIS 3G 900 Mhz.

Unfortunately, the links to ZTE for the MF668A aren't working. However there are two versions. I suspect maybe they have one that supports 850/1900/2100 3G or 900/1900/2100 3G as I found one site that showed 850/(900)/1900/2100 3G.

The reason I bring this up is just before the floods a dealer at TukCom ordered one. When it arrived it did not work with True 3G. The dealer called and another one was going to be sent. However because of the floods in Bangkok, it never arrived.

Are you sure it was the model appended with an 'A'.

I have the specification as 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz

From the Telstra website:

Home > Products > Data Devices >MF668A

The new Telstra Elite USB has a retractable USB plug, external antenna port and fast 21Mbps peak download speeds. Self installing modem compatible with PC and MAC. Supports quad band UMTS and quad band GSM.

Main features:

Quad band UMTS, quad band GSM.

HSDPA 21Mbps peak downlink speeds

Supports microSD memory up to 32GB

Self installing connection manager

Supports Windows and MAC

Technical Specifications:3G UMTS 850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz

GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz

HSPA HSDPA 21.6Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps

Receive Diversity 850MHz UMTS

Max current draw 500mA

Size 77mm x 28mm x 12mm

Expandable Memory Supports up to 32GB microSD

USB USB 2.0, USB 1.0

LED Indicator Tri Colour LED indication

Comes with:

USB extender cable

Windows and MAC Self Installing Connection Manager

Telstra Quick Start Guide

Any advice on which 3G service I should go with?

I am at Jomtien and the internet is of very low quality.

Preferably I would be interested in buying a service (3G True | AIS | DTAC)

that works also best in Bangkok.

What would be the best option? and where to purchase this in Pattaya?

Thanks

Any advice on which 3G service I should go with?

I am at Jomtien and the internet is of very low quality.

Preferably I would be interested in buying a service (3G True | AIS | DTAC)

that works also best in Bangkok.

What would be the best option? and where to purchase this in Pattaya?

Thanks

The advice is the same, find a modem that covers HSPA or HSPDA(not GSM) 850 & 900MHz. That way you will have access to all of the options. Otherwise you will have to choose between AIS 3G or TRUE H/3G whilst in Pattaya. Both have coverage, but I don't know about the QoS there at the moment.