Western Restaurants In San Sai

Slappz

I've recently moved to San Sai after living near the moat for 2 years. I'm hoping to find some new regular restaurants in the area, I've checked out Meechok Plaza and Big C area a few times but besides that it's been few and far between. Western food is preferred but any recommended restaurants would be great from the people who know the area. My house is located by Saam Yaek market in San Sai Noi. Thanks!

Choices will be far less than where you used to live... sad.gif

I am trying to find a house in that area, and I know: for western food I will need to be pro-active... make it myself in my own kitchen!

Nothing really special in that area when it comes to European/ Western food. But OK Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese food at Meechok. The rest I think it is so-so. (not a fan of Mac FastFood)

I like Coco Salad at Mee Chok. They have a creamy balsamic dressing that is really great. For 90 baht you can have a salad with 5 toppings and baked chicken that's really good.

They also have western dishes including spaghetti, steak, etc. I've had the spaghetti and it was pretty good.

However, as far as good western style restaurants are concerned, San Sai really has none.

This is rather disappointing, I was reading on wiki that San Sai district had over 100k people living in it too.

I'll throw in the 1 Western restaurant I have come across so far, on the Ring Rd. 1, Just past the Mae Kao intersection there's a steak place called Clint Steak House. They do all you can eat buffet for 140 baht pp. Good food, lots of meat, pasta, salad, bread, etc.

if DOI SAKET is not too far...there is an excellent Pizzeria there!

http://www.chiangmailocanda.com/pizza/

If Doi Saket is not too far then neither is downtown Chiang Mai.

Why does everyone make it sound like San Sai is half way to Chiang Rai? 15-20 min drive into town.

Used to take me 13 minutes to the moat from about 1km further up the 118 from you.

Not much western food around there.

Lived there for a year or so, I mainly ate in and around Sansai market and other local restaurants and when I needed a 'western fix' used to come into town.

It is a little rustic. Like many Thai bars.

But, it is friendly, with a lot of regular customers. Shows all the big footie games, and has decent food.

On the odd day they are quiet, I can imagine the atmosphere is lacking. But when people are in, you can't beat the chat, beer, and food. Not for the area.

The people who used to own What bar on Loh kroh road now have a bar in Sansai called Bamboo bar. They do some western food. It's a bit diificult to find but I'll try and sort out some directions for you.

์Not the nicest atmosphere to say the least.

It is a little rustic. Like many Thai bars.

But, it is friendly, with a lot of regular customers. Shows all the big footie games, and has decent food.

On the odd day they are quiet, I can imagine the atmosphere is lacking. But when people are in, you can't beat the chat, beer, and food. Not for the area.

I've only been a couple of times. The people there are very friendly and the owners are great. I haven't tried the food but plan to on my next visit.

if DOI SAKET is not too far...there is an excellent Pizzeria there!

http://www.chiangmailocanda.com/pizza/

If Doi Saket is not too far then neither is downtown Chiang Mai.

Why does everyone make it sound like San Sai is half way to Chiang Rai? 15-20 min drive into town.

San Sai is bigger than you think.

Yes, but he's in San Sai Noi near the market, still within the Outer Ring. I would call that virtually in town. ;)