Does My Electricity Bill Sound Right?

notnek

Jasus, I get annoyed if my electric bill is over bt800.. I do not have aircon though.

Crikey!!!! Our 20 classroom school, 2 houses and a swimming pool are only marginally higher than what you are paying at 6,000 to 6,500 baht a month!!!!:blink:.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naam why dont you have your 'group' changed from advanced members to 'This man has a humongeous expensive house and land in pattaya" That way you dont have to explain it in every thread when people compare themselves to you with their 15"sqm kingsize studios and their 2br "house" on 30square wah

a good idea if some posters would refrain to use ridiculous expressions like "2-bedroom house" which is not more accurate than "that piece of a string was not very long". ridiculous is also "we use airconditioning a few hours per day".

by the way, our house is a "2-bedroom house" (no joke!) and building it was not humongeous expensive but cheaper than a double garage in a posh Munich or Hamburg suburb, cheaper than a newly built 1-bedroom flat in Singapore near Raffles Square and much cheaper that any of the houses we own(ed).

go back home peasant, i have a 3bedroom house...

on 70 square wah :(

Naam why dont you have your 'group' changed from advanced members to 'This man has a humongeous expensive house and land in pattaya" That way you dont have to explain it in every thread when people compare themselves to you with their 15"sqm kingsize studios and their 2br "house" on 30square wah

a good idea if some posters would refrain to use ridiculous expressions like "2-bedroom house" which is not more accurate than "that piece of a string was not very long". ridiculous is also "we use airconditioning a few hours per day".

by the way, our house is a "2-bedroom house" (no joke!) and building it was not humongeous expensive but cheaper than a double garage in a posh Munich or Hamburg suburb, cheaper than a newly built 1-bedroom flat in Singapore near Raffles Square and much cheaper that any of the houses we own(ed).

hats off! you have my respects. that's one bedroom more than i have. perhaps after my next reincarnation... what about playing the lotterie... maybe i could force my wife to take up a third cleaning job to afford a three-bedroom house? :huh:

a good idea if some posters would refrain to use ridiculous expressions like "2-bedroom house" which is not more accurate than "that piece of a string was not very long". ridiculous is also "we use air-conditioning a few hours per day".

by the way, our house is a "2-bedroom house" (no joke!) and building it was not humongous expensive but cheaper than a double garage in a posh Munich or Hamburg suburb, cheaper than a newly built 1-bedroom flat in Singapore near Raffles Square and much cheaper that any of the houses we own(ed).

Whats a ''square wah'' ? :unsure: Sounds like a hat.

a good idea if some posters would refrain to use ridiculous expressions like "2-bedroom house" which is not more accurate than "that piece of a string was not very long". ridiculous is also "we use air-conditioning a few hours per day".

by the way, our house is a "2-bedroom house" (no joke!) and building it was not humongous expensive but cheaper than a double garage in a posh Munich or Hamburg suburb, cheaper than a newly built 1-bedroom flat in Singapore near Raffles Square and much cheaper that any of the houses we own(ed).

Whats a ''square wah'' ? :unsure: Sounds like a hat.

its the size of half a hat

Jasus, I get annoyed if my electric bill is over bt800.. I do not have aircon though.

mine is around 6000 bant a month but i pay direct to elec company but then we have 10 air cons lots of pumps cook a lot have a dishwasher and washing machine most of it is air con when were away and no air con it drops to around 2000 baht a month for lights pumps and stuff maid uses

If you stay @ Interchange Tower Soi Mor Leng Bangkok that would be correct. They had old Air Cons (Ceiling type).

Electricity was same rate as Rent. FTA did not reply to complaints sent. Do not stay at this place.

My Electricity rate is 0.06 per unit. Avg bill 1200-1400THB

Quite high bill for a 1br (or would it be a studio type - just THE ONE room?).

My place is a real 1br, 57m2, running aircon 12h/day @25°C (sometimes the two of them), three computers, 46" TV on 6h/day, fish tank, ref, eventual oven and stove use, long hot showers, etc, I never got more than 550kW ("units") on my bill (government rate), about 3200 baht - and that with friends or parents visiting. Regular use is around 2000 baht now in the "winter", and almost 3k in very hot months.

As people said, set your aircon higher... 25-26°C is perfect, no thermal shock, keeps your health in good order... I just use lower than that eventually, to sleep... but I try not to, got tired of having tonsillitis my first months here... :)

Got my electric bill in front of me.....I pay direct to supplier...i.e. my name is on the bill...

Used 631 units (kwh) and cost is 2416.16 = 3.83 baht/unit. This is about average for me. 3 bed house but just me, the dog and cat; kicked missus out and kids all grown up but I often have a house guest. 2 computers on 24/7; newish a/c 12/7, 3 fridges, large screen TV, security lighting, fans etc.

OPs usage may be a little high due to old style A/C and fridge but rate is double. There's lots of reasons for that including but not limited to profit.