Seeking Med Exam & Blood Tests In Cm

dseawarrior

Hi,

We are seeking several good hospitals (or good clinics) that can do Med Exam & Blood Tests in Chiang Mai for my girlfriend and I. We want to check in with a doctor to make sure we both have a "clean bill of health" before we proceed with marriage planning...

Any reputable docs/ hospitals/ clinics recommended are much appreciated. Share prices and your experiences along with address or phone numbers if you can...

Kawp kuhn mak!

dseawarrior

:o

I would give a strong recommendation to Lanna Hosp. I have used their services for the past several years. I hate hospitals almost as much as funeral homes, but I really feel the comfort level at Lanna Hosp. The professionalism is something that I didn't expect to find in Thailand, having been to some of the other local quack houses. In the other hosps, I found the knowledge, expertise and professionalism, to be slightly lower than that of lawyers and timeshare salesman. Including the one at the vet place that operated on my cat.

Lanna Hosp for my recommendation. Bank on it

Gonzo

My favourite in Chiangmai is McCormick hospital, very fast and good service... and cheap.

Lanna seems also good, but i think quite a bit more expensive.

Rama is way overpriced and not even very efficient in my experience.

Don't know BK but also had good experiences at Lanna and McCormick. Also I've used the private clinic attached to Suandok hospital - they have a menu of checks and you can choose the most appropriate. all the standard health checks including heart, blood and cancer. walk in at 9, finished by 10 and return at 12 for the results from a doctor.

~

For simple tests you don't need anything so sophisticated but THE hospital in Bangkok is Bumrungrad, a block or so down Soi 3 from Sukumvit.

The finest hospital I have ever seen or imagined, I went there for surgery earlier in the year because there wasn't anywhere I wanted to have it done in Chiangmai.

Edited by Dustoff

I've got horror stories about every large hospital here... Whether or not you get good service depends on the stars, it seems to me...

If I were you, I would ask for referrals to a good doctor, and then cross your fingers. Most all the hospitals do the same stuff. Also, be proactive in your health care, and don't trust any doctor 100%

Personaly, I would recommend Dr. Narong Lao at Ram 2 hospital.

I second p1p, and strongly recommend RAM 1. If you choose this hospital, I highly suggest Dr Amnuay who really did take care of my wife from the first days of pregnancy to the cesarian operation. Actually I have never met a doctor who has such a balance of professionalism, kindness, and communication skills. You can look at his CV by clicking "Appointment" in this website. Mind you it is may be a little more costly than the others, but if you want quality service go for RAM 1.

Hope this helps.

G

I second p1p, and strongly recommend RAM 1. If you choose this hospital, I highly suggest Dr Amnuay who really did take care of my wife from the first days of pregnancy to the cesarian operation. Actually I have never met a doctor who has such a balance of professionalism, kindness, and communication skills. You can look at his CV by clicking "Appointment" in  this website. Mind you it is may be a little more costly than the others, but if you want quality service go for RAM 1.

Hope this helps.

G

Thanks Everyone!

Good bits especially from Dr. G and Gulliver_in_LOS. My GF had a cesarian a number of years ago and will likely need to go that route again if we have a child together. So, Gulliver_in_LOS is especially on target...

Any other tidbits out there? Many thanks!

dseawarrior

:o

I second p1p, and strongly recommend RAM 1. If you choose this hospital, I highly suggest Dr Amnuay who really did take care of my wife from the first days of pregnancy to the cesarian operation. Actually I have never met a doctor who has such a balance of professionalism, kindness, and communication skills. You can look at his CV by clicking "Appointment" in  this website. Mind you it is may be a little more costly than the others, but if you want quality service go for RAM 1.

Hope this helps.

G

Yes Ram 1 gets my vote and I think Ram 2 comes up well also.

"clean bill of health"?????

Sounds like one of you have been up to no good... :o

Takes about 6 months to get a clean bill of health,don`t believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

A workmate of mine was cleaning out a Council House and there was a used needle that punctured his skin.

After a visit to a Hospital in the Uk,he has told that he would need to return for regular bloodtests for the following 6 months.More for the Hepatitis than HIV.

The next 6 months were the worst of his life not knowing for sure.

If it takes 6 months to get the all clear hear it will anywhere else.

How is it that a "bar-girl" can go to a clinic in LOS and get the results in a day or 2?

Anyone got any comments?????

"clean bill of health"?????

Sounds like one of you have been up to no good... :o

Takes about 6 months to get a clean bill of health,don`t believe anyone who tells you otherwise.

A workmate of mine was cleaning out a Council House and there was a used needle that punctured his skin.

After a visit to a Hospital in the Uk,he has told that he would need to return for regular bloodtests for the following 6 months.More for the Hepatitis than HIV.

The next 6 months were the worst of his life not knowing for sure.

If it takes 6 months to get the all clear hear it will anywhere else.

How is it that a "bar-girl" can go to a clinic in LOS and get the results in a day or 2?

Anyone got any comments?????

I thought all Arabs were gay..... :D

What will they get up to next? :D

"If only closed minds came with closed mouths"

(as seen on a button)