Work Permit Health Checkup

maxman71

Having had about 5 health exams performed over the years here in Thailand as part of my work permit renewal requirements, it is safe to say that they all were perfunctory at best: weight measured, a look-see in my ears and my throat, pulse and blood pressure taken and PRESTO...the needed "all is OK" letter is provided. That was the case until today when I went to BNH Hospital on Convent Road in BKK; the first time I'd gone there for health exam for work permit renewal. I had been there before for exercise injuries, but nothing else and I came away quite impressed with the place. So since my Thai lawyer's office is right around the corner from BNH and I needed to go there after the exam, I went to BNH.

They performed all the perfunctory stuff mentioned above, plus took a chest x-ray (first ever for me and I am 52 years old), a blood test from which they checked for all the dreaded nasties that have a way of being more predominant here in the LOS than most other countries. They also did a vision check which included a color-blindness check. All AOK.

All the above for THB 1,520. I would suppose there may be some folks who really don't want to know how bad of shape they may be in, or discover they have acquired some most unwelcome organisms via a blood test. But for me, I am glad at least one health institution takes a health check pretty seriously. Better to know than not.

MAXMAN 71 quote : "All the above for THB 1,520"

Well ,don't forget the airfare ; about 2000 baht one way.It might still be cheaper here in Chiang Mai, and just as thorough.

Great, if you can get the same value in CM or somewhere else, then it's all good. My point was, I think it's important to get a reasonably thorough health check, and not some patty-cake pass-through deal.

Well ,don't forget the airfare ; about 2000 baht one way.It might still be cheaper here in Chiang Mai, and just as thorough.

Great, if you can get the same value in CM or somewhere else, then it's all good. My point was, I think it's important to get a reasonably thorough health check, and not some patty-cake pass-through deal.

Yes you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You get what you pay for. If you had wanted a physical examination you should have asked for one.

I got mine for a retirement visa before I came here. My doctor looked at it laughed and filled it out. Didn't even touch me not needed. What they wanted was just general information.

I have a doctor here and when I first got her she took a complete examination. It included all the say ah stick out your tongue stuff. It also included a full blood test a chest x ray and a ultra sound.

Maybe I am wrong but it was the first test I had ever had where my potassium level and uric acid level were taking.

Perhaps they had been taking before and the doctor had not mentioned it.