Lemon Gas On Vises Raod

KImoLolo

I have first hand knowledge of a gent getting gas with alot of water. Drove from Lemon to Rawai Lotus and his car conked out... So far Lemon wond even consider responsibility.

Also, short fills equal bad change. I have been cheated, other I know have been cheated! Watch the pump their.. A few tricks is no doing t reset or punching in your amount and shutting off the flow manually. You note that it is nearly impossible to see the number on the pump even if you get out a look! Beware..

Me, I now go to Shell on Patek Road!

Shell & PTT seem to have proper systems in place designed to stop cheating & their gauges are clear to see so park in a position to see through the window.

Yes, and excellent market tool. Honesty, novel concept! I do try and spend Rawai using Lemon (which seems to be a Lemon-pujn intended) Even after myt hulk of Farang body was needed to threateb some pump thief. I still went but looked on carfully..... Bye Bye Lemon. Patek Road is still home turf.

Shell & PTT seem to have proper systems in place designed to stop cheating & their gauges are clear to see so park in a position to see through the window.

Yes, and excellent market tool. Honesty, novel concept! I do try and spend Rawai using Lemon (which seems to be a Lemon-pujn intended) Even after myt hulk of Farang body was needed to threateb some pump thief. I still went but looked on carfully..... Bye Bye Lemon. Patek Road is still home turf.

i dont know this place,but one of the classic scams every single one of these places use is the long hose. a good long hose at a petrol station will hold over a liter of fuel.when they have finished pumping, open the nozzle and lift the hose,see how much fuel comes out. you will see they always hold the nozzle high. check it out.how many litres is that a day

i dont know this place,but one of the classic scams every single one of these places use is the long hose. a good long hose at a petrol station will hold over a liter of fuel.when they have finished pumping, open the nozzle and lift the hose,see how much fuel comes out. you will see they always hold the nozzle high. check it out.how many litres is that a day

The hose is full when they start pumping and its full when they finish

The meter measures the amount of fuel that comes out of the nozzle

These type of posts always make me smirk...I mean people complain about getting robbed a couple of bucks at the bowser....who really cares? The same people are happy to get robbed night after night at the local shit holes in Rawaii, but its the crime of the century when it happens to them sober at the petrol pump

Why dont you call the police when it happens next time?

Edited by snamos

These type of posts always make me smirk...I mean people complain about getting robbed a couple of bucks at the bowser....who really cares? The same people are happy to get robbed night after night at the local shit holes in Rawaii, but its the crime of the century when it happens to them sober at the petrol pump

I agree snamos.

Anyway, isn't this a name and shame scenario, shouldn't the posts be "a certain citrus fruit petrol station on viset"? If we can't say such-and-such restaurant sucks, why can we name this station?

For those pushing Shell, they have only gasahol, yes?

fact is, many of the small no chain or small chain pumps deliver crap fuel

Large Shell and Ptt pumps never had a fuel problem for 480.000km. small pumps, crap fuel.

It is also common among the small ones to blend petrol with some cheap stuff and diesel with cheap oil.

and then there is bottled fuel and 200 liter barrel fuel, usually crap

No pund intended on Rawai lemon, never got fuel there

I agree snamos.

Anyway, isn't this a name and shame scenario, shouldn't the posts be "a certain citrus fruit petrol station on viset"? If we can't say such-and-such restaurant sucks, why can we name this station?

For those pushing Shell, they have only gasahol, yes?

Like any rules they are open to interpretation, It never seems to be a problem naming and shaming Thais.

fact is, many of the small no chain or small chain pumps deliver crap fuel

Large Shell and Ptt pumps never had a fuel problem for 480.000km. small pumps, crap fuel.

It is also common among the small ones to blend petrol with some cheap stuff and diesel with cheap oil.

and then there is bottled fuel and 200 liter barrel fuel, usually crap

No pund intended on Rawai lemon, never got fuel there

I have never ever had a problem with the fuel, not once, not getting short changed or short filled, every time I fill up one of the bikes or one of the cars its always spot on.

I have never ever had a problem with the fuel, not once, not getting short changed or short filled, every time I fill up one of the bikes or one of the cars its always spot on.

depends on your vehicles and milage. 480.000km on TH fuel, some with high quality fuel demand like ducati and porsche, 95 petrol cant be 93.

my vtx1800 v twin injection stopped after burning half a tank of shit fuel. 12k km on it, took a month to get needed parts and back on the road

Since then I have prevented it by filling up at large Ptt or Shell pumps before going out in the jungle in Surat or to the middle of nowhere in Isarn

My Thai brother in law got ripped off at said fruit gas station. That 1000 baht he asked for was no where close to what was put in. Someone had a bottle of regency that night on the brother in law along with a few Leos.

Try giving them the occasional tip when they fill up your car, 10 or 20 baht and generally they will remember you. As I said in a previous post these attendants stand around sniffing petrol fumes all day...so they arent exactly going to be sharp and on the ball...Its a crap job and I am thankfull for the service....even when I pump up my tyres they come over and give me a hand.

I never use Shell though...out of principle, I used to work for them and I cant say Im a fan of them

wrong

wrong

i think every thread on this forum where petercallen tries to get a fact out he turns out wrong. He's a load of fun

wrong

i think every thread on this forum where petercallen tries to get a fact out he turns out wrong. He's a load of fun

Please explain why i am wrong if you can :)

easy, I was a 16 yo biker and saturday/sunday pump attendant more than 3 decades ago

when electric pump stops, meter stops, empty rest of the fuel in the hose in my bike (or a 5 liter can), next car please. starts at zero, everyone happy, including my bike :D

2 stroke oil we had to buy tho

anyway filling up 60-70 liters, who cares, as long as I get the quality I need

easy, I was a 16 yo biker and saturday/sunday pump attendant more than 3 decades ago

when electric pump stops, meter stops, empty rest of the fuel in the hose in my bike (or a 5 liter can), next car please. starts at zero, everyone happy, including my bike :D

Since I have never seen a personal bike or empty canister standing next to the punp that is not what's happening. So I really think Peter is right this time.

Since I have never seen a personal bike or empty canister standing next to the punp that is not what's happening. So I really think Peter is right this time.

Peter said "the meter measures what comes out the nozle". It does not. It meters what pump delivers.

Spend 30 minutes while they wash your bike sitting watching the pump attendants, and they do what we did 3 decades ago. No customers: Fuel in hose in can or whatever

I can see a solution to this dilemma. Next time the victims this heinous crime go to the petrol station....take 10 jerry cans with you. Then you can see if the pump is accurate. Then when you get home you can fill up the tanks of all your vehicles yourself...everyone is happy.

Peter said "the meter measures what comes out the nozle". It does not. It meters what pump delivers.

Spend 30 minutes while they wash your bike sitting watching the pump attendants, and they do what we did 3 decades ago. No customers: Fuel in hose in can or whatever

That's right when the nozzle clicks of or you release the trigger the fuel supply stops

So the pump is not delivering fuel and the meter stops running

That's right when the nozzle clicks of or you release the trigger the fuel supply stops

So the pump is not delivering fuel and the meter stops running

or as so often here in LOS, people ask for 200 baht of fuel, pump stops when 200 baht delivered nomatter what pump attendant do with trigger, the fuel in hose is............... for a 16 yo :)

Thisplace is the worst, but a lot more affordable than buying those bottles on theside of the road. My problem is not them shorting my fuel, "I quicklycaught on to that a couple of yearsago" it's the type of fuel they put in when I ask them for it. They will literallylie to you in regards to the type of gas you ask for. One day its green, theother day it's yellow, and then another day its red. When I ask what they putinto my tank I get the "Same Same" reply over and over again Thetrick they do when you notice not enough fuel was put in your car after youdrive off, is that that dont zero outthe pump from the previous customer. So if some just finished putting 200BHTand you ask for 500 BHT, they just made themselves 200BHT. The end of the dayfuel charge will be over. Always make sure they zero out the pump before theyput the nozzle in your tank. Seeing what's actually going in your tank is a little harder to do.

Thisplace is the worst, but a lot more affordable than buying those bottles on theside of the road. My problem is not them shorting my fuel, "I quicklycaught on to that a couple of yearsago" it's the type of fuel they put in when I ask them for it. They will literallylie to you in regards to the type of gas you ask for. One day its green, theother day it's yellow, and then another day its red. When I ask what they putinto my tank I get the "Same Same" reply over and over again Thetrick they do when you notice not enough fuel was put in your car after youdrive off, is that that dont zero outthe pump from the previous customer. So if some just finished putting 200BHTand you ask for 500 BHT, they just made themselves 200BHT. The end of the dayfuel charge will be over. Always make sure they zero out the pump before theyput the nozzle in your tank. Seeing what's actually going in your tank is a little harder to do.

if your not happy stop going there...we all have a choice, all you seem to do is worry about being scammed here in Phuket..:(

if your not happy stop going there...we all have a choice, all you seem to do is worry about being scammed here in Phuket..:(

" Scammed".... I guess your right, I should stop going there. Thanks for calling it what it is. Although I dont think I have ever used that word before in any of my posts before, have I ? Anyways thanks for your reply, and sorry to have offended you and Lemon gas. :jap: