Do Eu Citizens Need Visa For Taiwan?

I honestly don't know why people can't do some research on the subject matter before posting on the forum.

It took me all of 1 minute to find out that Americans can enter Taiwn for 30 days and United Kingdom citizens get 90 days.

I honestly don't know why people can't do some research on the subject matter before posting on the forum.

It took me all of 1 minute to find out that Americans can enter Taiwn for 30 days and United Kingdom citizens get 90 days.

But after your 1-minute research you still did not answer the question what is the rule for EU citizens (thanks god not every one in EU is from UK!)

But after your 1-minute research you still did not answer the question what is the rule for EU citizens (thanks god not every one in EU is from UK!)

Then it might be as well if you told us which country you're from. The EU is not a country.

Thanks for the link terryq. I should be fine then.

The answer is yes... and no.

Bulgaria, Cyprus and Romania yes. The rest no, according to

http://www.worldtrav...n/passport-visa .

and from the Taiwan government...http://www.boca.gov.tw....

1.The nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 90 days:Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K. , and Vatican City State.

I can confirm from experience that I have to Taiwan many times with my EU passport and always got stamped in under visa-exemption.

While Taiwan is not a country and therefore has no embassy in Thailand, there is the Taiwan Trade Office (and something like that) which functions as an embassy. You can ask there, if if your passport is one of those countries that need a visa, I'd think that's where it will be issued. (Many countries have such "trade offices" or "Institutes" in Taiwan, as they cannot officially have embassies.)