Rompho Road Market & Beer Bar Complex

phomsanuk

I heard that one of the bars is now for sale at 1.5 million baht, it is a single unit not one of the larger middle (double units). It was located near the front in the better established area and overlooking the Rompho Market and was for the bar only, the buildings are rented. Other bars have changed hands in the last year also. New construction is ongoing and who knows what the final number will be. It is devastating for the other bars in the Jomtien area because many customers seem to flock to the Rompho beer complex. They did tidy up the front facing 2nd Rd. by putting in awnings (tents) for vendors and moved some of the food booths to the side.

Sorry, where exactly is this complex?

Thanks

Jimmy

It's the place next to the market on the new Jomtien second road by View Tallay Villa's opposite soi 5 Jomtien.

Have to say I was amazed at Mod Craigt local knowledge knowing where 'Rompho Road' is and moving the topic to Pattaya :o

last january price for small unit was 100.000 bath and renting 15.000 / month for new place of course ... and delivery time around 6 month

So rent is 180,000 baht a year plus the extra 100,000 baht a year (tea money to landlord?) plus utilities. A new bar needs upgrades like the bar itself, stock, fridges, tables, seats, security screening for off hours, awnings, pool table, policing donations, etc, etc. You have to sell alot of 50 baht beers to cover this plus wages - the competition is VERY keen. The ladies wages are small but many are changing bars more often than I change underwear :bah:. I would think a location closer to 2nd road would be a more desirable location than the newer bars.

Sorry but I came to Jomtien to retire from working and headaches - not to buy a job with questionable returns and risks. :whistling:

Edited by gerry53

Sorry, where exactly is this complex?

Thanks

Jimmy

It's the place next to the market on the new Jomtien second road by View Tallay Villa's opposite soi 5 Jomtien.

Have to say I was amazed at Mod Craigt local knowledge knowing where 'Rompho Road' is and moving the topic to Pattaya :o

Ha, ha, ha. Be careful, or next time we visit I won't bring any beer! Oops...forgot...you don't drink beer!

Actually, I did a google search for it...came right up. As you know, we use to live just up the street. Most times we went by, the places were pretty empty except for the few in front. But I've never gone by at night...honestly! ;)

No disrespect to anyone who has such a business but they can only generate what Americans call "chump change".

Long hours of hard work for very little return. Especially as you have a large outlay in furnishings and rental.

We all hear about Newton's law but there is another one to consider here. It is the law of diminishing returns. The more effort and harder you work the less the return and profit margin....

But best of luck to any one who tries...

No disrespect to anyone who has such a business but they can only generate what Americans call "chump change".

Long hours of hard work for very little return. Especially as you have a large outlay in furnishings and rental.

We all hear about Newton's law but there is another one to consider here. It is the law of diminishing returns. The more effort and harder you work the less the return and profit margin....

Is that also included in Pat's law of Depravity. (as described in Pattaya Principia)