Beer Prices

snamos

Im just at Phuket airport where the price of beer is the same as its been for a while at 85 baht. not too bad in my books. I've noticed the price of san mig has remained fairly constant in chalong and Rawaii at 70 baht. apparently the price of a box of san mig hasn't gone up that much....i did notice one bar owner had put his up to 100.... perhaps we could compare bear prices around various joints

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

San miguel 240tbh @ Seduction <_<

350,000 baht a month rent and tea money to stay open past 1am will do that to prices.

Bet there's still plenty over for the owners to swan around in Mercedes or the like!

Another view./ The happy hour prices that were good compitation about Chalong and Rawai have gone up alot or gone to night prices. That is still gouging..... Crooks, nothing but crooks they are! Believe me, I'm no Cheap Charlie.... I'm high roller.. 5 star hotels etc

Another view./ The happy hour prices that were good compitation about Chalong and Rawai have gone up alot or gone to night prices. That is still gouging..... Crooks, nothing but crooks they are! Believe me, I'm no Cheap Charlie.... I'm high roller.. 5 star hotels etc

HI PATONG PETE OR KIMOLOLO,NEW NAME SAME GUY?:o

Please be aware that because of the flood situation we bar/restaurant owners often have to buy our beer at a higher price then we usually do. This applies for most brands, like for instance Singha. My business (hotel/restaurant/bar/travel agency combination) doesn't depend on beer sales, so I kept my beer prices the same, just to avoid talk in the sense of "Keestha has become a lot more expensive" by tourist who have just come off the plane. But if I would have something like a bar or a beergarden, thus depending heavily on beer sales, I would have put up my beer prices for sure.

You're welcome to have a small bottle of Singa at my place, I make 3 Baht and 40 Satang Baht profit per bottle.

For people to justify raising the price of a san mig beer from 70 to 100 would have to mean prices of a box of san mig have gone up 600-700 baht. which they haven't...its up about 50 -150 baht a box at macro. I know because i buy a few boxes a week. The prices at 7-11 haven't gone up either...Whats to stop bar owners cruising around to the 7-11s if the normal beer suppliers are really jacking up the prices? I did notice that heiniken boxes were quite expensive. But i would suggest to bar owners not to stock heiniken because apart from being a low drink its a rip off too

Edited by snamos

San Mig Light 835 Baht per case at Super Cheap yesterday.

So roughly 40 baht a beer at cost.

Why do people expect 50 baht beers considering the price of beer, rent, key money, staff, electric etc?

People I know in the hospitality business mark up 100% on their meals and drinks so 80 baht seems like a fair deal to me.

Draft beer is the only bargain beer if you look around.

It's just the way we farangs have made Phuket. Want everything & not have to pay top dollar for it. I am currently up north (Isaan) & beer prices have not been affected. small Leo 45 baht (in bar) & large Leo 65 Baht. I understand rents etc have to come into the pricing of beer but Phuket seems to be taking the mick. Shame but it's showing true colours of the bar owners greed.

If your not happy with price go somewhere else OR don't drink laugh.gif

It's just the way we farangs have made Phuket. Want everything & not have to pay top dollar for it. I am currently up north (Isaan) & beer prices have not been affected. small Leo 45 baht (in bar) & large Leo 65 Baht. I understand rents etc have to come into the pricing of beer but Phuket seems to be taking the mick. Shame but it's showing true colours of the bar owners greed.

If your not happy with price go somewhere else OR don't drink laugh.gif

I'll be drinking spirits

just been out of phuket for 2 weeks traveling various places in thailand including southern islands where it comes in on ferries.... not one place raising prices because of "FLOODING". phuket is gouging and profiteering on other peoples downs.

whether its the supplier or bar owner i don't know profiteering. i personally will not go back to any bar that i feel is profiteering at others expenses and losses.

just been out of phuket for 2 weeks traveling various places in thailand including southern islands where it comes in on ferries.... not one place raising prices because of "FLOODING". phuket is gouging and profiteering on other peoples downs.

whether its the supplier or bar owner i don't know profiteering. i personally will not go back to any bar that i feel is profiteering at others expenses and losses.

The Thai owner of a local booze outlet told me, when asked why 'no beer?!' yesterday he absolutely refuses to buy bottled beer at present as he knows for a fact many suppliers in Bangkok are stockpiling and he doesn't want his customers (mainly farang) to think he's the one gouging. He'd rather see his business suffer.Kudos to him, but tad disappointing for me.

Edited by silsburyhill

Monkey House,Jungle Bar,Nancy Bar all up to 100 bht beer doubt it will come down again either.Just will not drink these places anymore.Candy Bar still sensible prices.60 bht Tiger,80 bht SML

Candy Bar always fun ...

I noticed Monkey House was empty past few nights (no footie) so maybe other customers are doing same as you...

Also the happy hour at Asia Bar not happy anymore....

beer went from 50bht to 80bht from 2 to 7 way over the top for that place... :bah: