Spam Mail In My In-Box

McGarty

Here it is, from my inbox. Can we have these stopped please? Not that they are hard to ignore, but are a nuisance. Maybe others are getting them too?

Also not something TV approve of, I am sure. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere.

Sent Yesterday, 20:46

FROM OSCAR WILLIAMS,

RUE 42 ILOT HD, ABIDJAN MACORRY,

(COTE D'IVOIRE)

Dearest One,

I Am Indeed Glad To Be In Contact With You Even Though This Medium Of Communication (Internet) Has Been Grossly Abused By Criminal Minded People Making It Difficult For People With Genuine Struggle To Correspond And Exchange Views Without Scepticism.

I Hope This Mail Meets You In Good Health And Spirit, I Am, Oscar Williams, A Sierra Leonia. Presently, I Live As a Refugee In republic of Cote D'Ivoire, With My Younger Sister, Sandra. I Am A Victim Of War And The Son Of Late Chief Hanson Williams The Assassinated Former Assistant Director Of Sierra Leone Gold And Diamond Mining Corporation.

My Father Was Killed With Other Government Officials During Official Hours When The Rebel Troops Stormed And Raided The Mining Corporation Office At The Heat Of The Crisis In My Country. Few Weeks Later, The Rebels Also Invaded Our Residential Building In Which My Mother And Two Of Our Security Men Were Killed In The Compound While I Was Out For A Special Research Program And My Younger Sister Was In School.

I had a singular shock and trauma, which compelled us to flee from the country to republic of Cote D'ivoire by the help of an army colonel, who is a close friend of my late father. I am writing you in absolute confidence primarily to seek your assistance to transfer our cash of seventeen Million, Five Hundred thousand Dollars ( $17,500,000 ) now in the custody of a bank here in Cote D`Ivoire to your private account pending our arrival to your country.

I Am Making This Request To You With Tears In My Eyes And I Feel That God Almighty Will Touch You With His Spirit To Listen To My Cry For Help And Answer Me Without Delay. For your assistance, I beg to concede 20 % of this money to you for your efforts assistance.

In your reply, i will like you to send to us your contact information such as your full name, your address and your telephone number.

Please reply me via my private email address: [email protected]

Urgent Reply.

Best regard

Oscar Williams

If this was sent to your Thai Visa Inbox, why don't you tell the Mods the senders User Name so they can block him?

Patrick

Indeed, if it was a PM let us know the senders username, he won't do it again. If it was an email there's not a lot we can do about it :(

If this was sent to your Thai Visa Inbox, why don't you tell the Mods the senders User Name so they can block him?

Patrick

Indeed, if it was a PM let us know the senders username, he won't do it again. If it was an email there's not a lot we can do about it :(

I posted this in the Forum support desk because it is in my TV Inbox. From wilosco1 user_popup.png That is why I mentioned about maybe TV not being happy at TV members getting these messages. Obviously I did not make that clear enough at the time but I was tired after a visa run to Cambodia.

Personally I would not fall for a scam like this but some people do and that was why I posted it.

I posted this in the Forum support desk because it is in my TV Inbox. From wilosco1 user_popup.png That is why I mentioned about maybe TV not being happy at TV members getting these messages. Obviously I did not make that clear enough at the time but I was tired after a visa run to Cambodia.

Well now you've told us who it was he won't do it again :)

PMs have a 'Report' button just like posts, any member receiving similar or abusive PMs should use the report system for quick action from staff.