Jomtien Restaurants And Bars-Can'T Miss Spots

Paterno

Even though I have been to Pattaya on multiple weekend excursions, I am unfamiliar with Jomtien. With all this talk of Sunrise Tacos, I am thinking of making Jomtien my next stop. Can someone provide a couple can't miss spots for western food or nightlife?

I know this is vague with each individual having their own taste and opinion. However, I can do a more detailed search once I see a list of names.

Thanks!

Try L'Olivier's inside Jomtien Complex for reasonably priced but very tasty French cuisine. Cafe Ritz, run by a former Royal Navy chef, is also very good. It's also inside Jomtien Complex, basically at the other side of the same block of buildings that Sunrise Tacos is fronting on Thappraya Road. Don't be put off by the gay boy bars, this is Dongtan, after all. I eat a lot at Oasis, on the corner of Soi 5 and Jomtien Beach Road. Great thin crust pizzas and Italian food, it's run by a genial Italian guy. Very busy with Russians now that the high season is almost upon us though. Hope that helps.

Never been to Jomtien eh ?

It is a veritable cornucopia of class and culinary delights. This little sun kissed cosmopolitan haven by the sea with its vast selection of high class establishments, will enthrall all your senses. So much so that you may be totally memorized into a stupor that will totally change your life. Mere words cannot convey the rich and lasting experience that awaits the international traveler.

Welcome, Jomtien awaits........:D

Deli-zza, best New York style deli sandwiches in Thailand and best American style pizza in Pattaya.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deli-zza-Pizza-Wine-Bar/171192349616083

Not a fan of L'Olivier. Find the buffet part looks quite a bit better than it tastes.

A lot of locals like Magg's on Thepprasit for English food. Their Thai food is tame style though. They have moved a bit further away from Thappraya.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maggs-Restaurant-Pattaya/217804001620501

The Thai food at Surf Kitchen (beach road, soi 6) is surprisingly good for what looks like and is a tourist restaurant. The hor mok talay at 110 baht in a coconut is one of the best deals in town. Not everything on the menu is that pleasant though.

Also check out the Rompho Market and surrounding area (Soi 5 and Jomtien 2nd road). A number of low cost Thai restaurants, and Indian restaurant some people like, active markets and street food stalls, plus further down the 2nd road south the only Indonesian restaurant in town, Bali Taste (and across the street roughly an Italian restaurant doing handmade pastas).

Edited by Jingthing

and across the street roughly an Italian restaurant doing handmade pastas.

Grammar checker Jing...?

Meaning not directly opposite. Across the street though. Agreed, awkwardly stated. Not fit to print, but this is just a forum.

Edited by Jingthing

Shenanigans is a nice pub with some good food, a pool table and live music outdoor on weekends. Located a few meters closer to the beach than Jomtien Complex.

Fantasy bar in the middle of J C is one of my regular water holes when in the area. :D

Shenanigans is a nice pub with some good food,

Not a fan but hardly a reason to travel to Jomtien as there is the same restaurant in Pattaya.

On these kinds of chain food pubs, there is also now a new Pig and Whistle in Jomtien as well (on Thappraya off the complex). Well known for their fish and chips. I used to eat that at their Pattaya location regularly until some better places for that opened up ...

http://inpattayanow.com/2011/10/18/inside-pattaya/england-in-jomtien/

Edited by Jingthing

Shenanigans is a nice pub with some good food,

Not a fan but hardly a reason to travel to Jomtien as there is the same restaurant in Pattaya.

On these kinds of chain food pubs, there is also now a new Pig and Whistle in Jomtien as well (on Thappraya off the complex). Well known for their fish and chips. I used to eat that at their Pattaya location regularly until some better places for that opened up ...

http://inpattayanow.com/2011/10/18/inside-pattaya/england-in-jomtien/

But when in Jomtien, ref. topic headline................? :D

Edited by bergen

Thanks!

Good List

L Olivier (French)

Cafe Ritz

Oasis (Good pizza)

DeLizza (Pizza and Sandwiches)

Maggs (English Food)

Surf Kitchen (Good Thai)

Rompho Market (Variety, Good walking area)

Bali Taste (Indonesian and opposite an Italian place)

Shenanigans (Big...worth a look)

Fantasy Bar (Jomtien Complex)

Pig and Whistle (Quality and value)

Correction to my previous post. It's Bali Breeze not Bali Taste.

Also worth mentioning, if you go quite FAR to the end and near the end of Jomtien beach road, there are a number of good Thai seafood oriented restaurants. Those are popular with Bangkok weekenders and rightfully so. A different class of authenticity than western tourist oriented places like Surf Kitchen and generally quite good value. Difficult to go without transport as the baht buses will stop before getting near, but you can walk (far) or charter.

Edited by Jingthing

Deli-zza, best New York style deli sandwiches in Thailand and best American style pizza in Pattaya.

http://www.facebook....171192349616083

Not a fan of L'Olivier. Find the buffet part looks quite a bit better than it tastes.

A lot of locals like Magg's on Thepprasit for English food. Their Thai food is tame style though. They have moved a bit further away from Thappraya.

http://www.facebook....217804001620501

The Thai food at Surf Kitchen (beach road, soi 6) is surprisingly good for what looks like and is a tourist restaurant. The hor mok talay at 110 baht in a coconut is one of the best deals in town. Not everything on the menu is that pleasant though.

Also check out the Rompho Market and surrounding area (Soi 5 and Jomtien 2nd road). A number of low cost Thai restaurants, and Indian restaurant some people like, active markets and street food stalls, plus further down the 2nd road south the only Indonesian restaurant in town, Bali Taste (and across the street roughly an Italian restaurant doing handmade pastas).

I concur with Rompho market, there is a duck noodle soup cart outside the covered market area, where I've tasted the best noodle soup full of both duck and veggies.

I should also add that in my opinion most restaurants in Jomtien, particularly in the more western tourist part are mediocre or worse. This is rather typical in commercialized beach resort areas. So of course take a chance on places you don't know, I do often, but don't expect the moon.

I live in Jomtien and never eat here more than once a year, much better food and deals in Pattaya. You "can miss" Jomtien completely and still live a rich and full life.

On the whole, I largely agree with you. The eating is better overall in Pattaya. However, there are exceptions. Try getting decent Indonesian food or remarkable reuben sandwiches in Pattaya -- not gonna happen. And soon we're going to have the only half decent Mexican food place in town at Sunrise. Also on the far out Thai oriented seafood restaurants in Jomtien they really do beat Pattaya Thai seafood restaurants.

Edited by Jingthing

I should also add that in my opinion most restaurants in Jomtien, particularly in the more western tourist part are mediocre or worse. This is rather typical in commercialized beach resort areas. So of course take a chance on places you don't know, I do often, but don't expect the moon.

Tend to agree. Unfortunately Jomtien has been, and still is, a "tourist trap" area. Maybe the new Taco place will be an exception.

For bars, I am surprised that nobody has mentioned Robin Hood - it's the closest thing to a genuine English pub, at least in spirit if not in interior design, that we have here. At least that is what I was told by a couple of UK blokes I met there(one being Irish).

There's 2 Surf Kitchen's in Jomtien, the one that is part of the hotel is called Surf International Kitchen.

Referring to the non-hotel Surf.

I also understand why people like the Ritz in Jomtien complex. I don't like to eat that way often, but the set modern English roast dinners done daily can be very nice. OK, not haute cuisine, and sometimes there are consistency problems with a starter or dessert, but overall good flavor, and good value.

Edited by Jingthing

Further down Jomtien Beach you will find Pupay Seafood..nice to sit on the water and have dinner...also Sutangrak is a nice place for dinner. As said earlier, they are down Jomtien Beach a ways past the Jomtien Complex. Well worth the ride tho

We like that restaurant at the end of beach road with the big blue crab outside. Don't know how to spell it, but Pu Pen, or something like that. Great at sunset, great food, but avoid on Friday and Saturday nights....really crowded.

Lots of options down that stretch of road.

For a good burger, don't forget Just Burgers. Tell Justin we said hello!

I've not been to Purple Space Monkey yet, but hope to soon...

Couple of places here that haven't been mentioned yet that are worth a look.

Always liked the Purple Space Monkey on the way in to Jomtien. Simple, fresh food and a good atmosphere.

http://www.pattaya24...categorised/165

Or there's XXO, a bit noisy as it tries to be a club too, but the food's pretty good

http://www.pattaya24...categorised/177

Haven't tried 1921 yet, is it as good as it looks?