Italian Food.

wandrinstar

Many Thai will not eat hot food at all like noodle or rice with fried chicken. But perhaps the person who cook for you is a lady as they often like hot and sour and smelly food.

what is fire food?

Thai Food. Bloody Awfull Red Hot Gunge.biggrin.gif.All tastes the Same to me. Except in Hi So Places..

You cant beat a good Penne Arrabiatta when you want hot food! The Mrs was very surprised to find some foods spicier in Italy than Thailand.

The Italians have hotter peppers. May be due to historic North African connections.

If you do go Italian in CM, you do have to ask them to spice up the arrabiatta as they tend to tone all foods down here.

Iain

IAN , Ill remember that, i like Pen.A , i like hot spicy food my wife does but not everyday Thai Food found in everyday places, their tastebuds must be under permanently anaesthetized. So Poor Old JO JO , seems a Dont Know.! The Topic of Regional Tastes is never ending. When i lived in South Central there were Lao Restaurants , dotted about , Thai Thais gave them a wide berth , i like to eat southish where Lamb Curries are available roadside , more Mild Indian ,and subtle. Come on Guys pop into Jo Jos , someones told my Canadian friends its good and we only have 3 Days there. Being on the Road im. your Ferang 7/11 expert , and sick of Tuna Sarnies.biggrin.gif

I wonder whether this poster is related to Mr expatmakmak? The same food obsession, but more curiously an insistence on deliberately misspelling 'Giorgio' as 'JoJo' to the point of capitalising it as 'JO JO' in the most recent post in a sad attempt to provoke a reaction.

Well, I have now reacted, and I hope that the mods, too, have noticed.

What a pointless exercise in futility!

IAN , Ill remember that, i like Pen.A , i like hot spicy food my wife does but not everyday Thai Food found in everyday places, their tastebuds must be under permanently anaesthetized. So Poor Old JO JO , seems a Dont Know.! The Topic of Regional Tastes is never ending. When i lived in South Central there were Lao Restaurants , dotted about , Thai Thais gave them a wide berth , i like to eat southish where Lamb Curries are available roadside , more Mild Indian ,and subtle. Come on Guys pop into Jo Jos , someones told my Canadian friends its good and we only have 3 Days there. Being on the Road im. your Ferang 7/11 expert , and sick of Tuna Sarnies.biggrin.gif

I wonder whether this poster is related to Mr expatmakmak? The same food obsession, but more curiously an insistence on deliberately misspelling 'Giorgio' as 'JoJo' to the point of capitalising it as 'JO JO' in the most recent post in a sad attempt to provoke a reaction.

No he's not related to me. Maybe he's not a native English speaker. Jai lawn mak mak!

Well, you share another distinctive trait with him - the use of unnecessary and poorly Romanised Thai phrases in your posts. มันยากที่จะเข้าใจว่าทำไม.

No he's not related to me. Maybe he's not a native English speaker. Jai lawn mak mak!

Thought thought I tried all the well-regarded Italian places but never heard of Jo Jo's. Where is it? Is it a new place?

Edited by OriginalPoster

Dont know if its new. Im told its by Night Bazaar, and there's a Cat Sign outside. Shouldn't that teacher brain called dru 2, change it to druge 2. I clearly heard it called Jo Jo., but he is a Canuk. who said it.. Thanks for Why Not suggestion , that sounds different.biggrin.gif

Dont know if its new. Im told its by Night Bazaar, and there's a Cat Sign outside. Shouldn't that teacher brain called dru 2, change it to druge 2. I clearly heard it called Jo Jo., but he is a Canuk. who said it.. Thanks for Why Not suggestion , that sounds different.biggrin.gif

I'd be interested to learn a more precise location. "Near the night bazaar" covers a lot of territory. Maybe you;re referring to Giorgios' but that's further down Chan Klan Rd than the night bazaar and unless you're Canadian friend has a pretty bad speech impediment it's hard to imagine it coming out as Jo Jo's.

Edited by OriginalPoster

On reflection you may well be correct, he is French, and Jo Jo doesnt sound right for an Italian. Perhaps it is Giorgios after all. He did say its further on. You should know , i havnt lived there for 17 Years, still love the place. So thanks to you all ,and <deleted> to dru2 with tomato sauce on em.coffee1.gif

On reflection you may well be correct, he is French, and Jo Jo doesnt sound right for an Italian. Perhaps it is Giorgios after all. He did say its further on. You should know , i havnt lived there for 17 Years, still love the place. So thanks to you all ,and <deleted> to dru2 with tomato sauce on em.coffee1.gif

Giogio's is one of the longer running and consistently well-reviewed places, that could be what you're looking for. But if you had trouble finding Italian places when you lived here 17 yrs ago you'll find that's one of the things that has changed a lot. There are Italian restaurants all over the place in Chiang Mai now. The bulk of them are at least adequate in terms of quality, a few are excellent.