What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

I watched 'The Family Plan' last night, very average but something to do for a couple of hours.

I've been running out of things to watch lately so have lowered the bar and started to watch things I would normally skip.

I still have Oppenheimer on my USB but have yet to watch it due to its length, will get around to it one day.

Looking forward to Napoleon in the new year even though the reviews were not fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, xylophone said:

One thing which struck me this time was that I'm not sure I have met or seen anyone as filthy/grubby/dirty as Jackson Lamb, because he almost makes me want to throw up when I see his greasy hair and filthy clothes, not to mention his habits, and surely no company/organisation in their right mind would employ someone this filthy.  

He's dressed exactly as an undercover cover MI5 operative should be attired. Anything more and it wouldn't work for him. IMO

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Will27 said:

It's fiction, not a documentary.

He makes the show IMO.

I agree, although the production is characterised as a Drama/Thriller, I suggest it is also a comedy and Lamb provides the comic relief which as you say makes the show.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, xylophone said:

One thing which struck me this time was that I'm not sure I have met or seen anyone as filthy/grubby/dirty as Jackson Lamb, because he almost makes me want to throw up when I see his greasy hair and filthy clothes, not to mention his habits, and surely no company/organisation in their right mind would employ someone this filthy.  Not sure that I can put up with another episode of this filthy individual, so tonight might be the last one!!

13 hours ago, xylophone said:

I kinow that but even in fiction the guy is a dirty slob........

The TV series is there for entertainment purposes and watching it is not compulsory....hit the off button if the dirty slob disgusts you.....:thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, petermik said:

The TV series is there for entertainment purposes and watching it is not compulsory....hit the off button if the dirty slob disgusts you.....:thumbsup:

Done! But quite why they (whoever)had to portray the Head of a Government Department as a filthy/dirty/disgusting slob is puzzling. Not necessary and doesn't add to the character one bit IMO. Happy New Year!!

Edited by xylophone

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Done! But quite why they (whoever)had to portray the Head of a Government Department as a filthy/dirty/disgusting slob is puzzling. Not necessary and doesn't add to the character one bit IMO. Happy New Year!!

Oops..............doesn't add to the character series one bit!!

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Apparently you missed the description of the department he heads.   It's for the F'ups of intelligence agencies.   So headed appropriately by someone who simply doesn't care.

Excellent role & portrayal by Oldman IMHO

No I didn't miss the description of the department he heads, and one of the reasons why it's called "Slow Horses". All the same it is a government department which he heads up and although he may not care about the Department, surely he has to care about his personal hygiene??

No point in going on about this because it's purely my personal viewpoint and in all of the other many detective series/police series/adventure series I have seen, no one has been this ridiculously filthy.

13 minutes ago, xylophone said:

No point in going on about this because it's purely my personal viewpoint and in all of the other many detective series/police series/adventure series I have seen, no one has been this ridiculously filthy.

Don't forget ... they're also fiction :giggle:

• Like 1

Big Boys Season 2 is out (six episodes same as Season 1).

I think Season 1 was funnier and I'm also pretty sure the show will end now, but Season 2 is still worth watching if you liked Season 1.

Believe it or not all the UK references didn't ruin it for me as a 'Murcan.

• Haha 1

Fool me once ..........8 episodes crime / Thriller......BBC

I have only watch the first 2 episodes ---but quite good. Same people who done Broadchurch

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Watched Platform 7 ....4 parts--she is a Ghost who wanders around the railway station  (and beyond) trying to work out did she jump or was she pushed.......nothing wonderful.....watchable if your bored.

Edited by oxo1947
  • Like 2

On 12/31/2023 at 6:33 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

He's dressed exactly as an undercover cover MI5 operative should be attired. Anything more and it wouldn't work for him. IMO

Him and Vera would make a lovely couple!:smile:

5 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Him and Vera would make a lovely couple!:smile:

And currently watching Vera  if you want a good entertaining police series.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tv+reviews+vera&oq=tv+reviews+vera&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIGCAEQLhhA0gEINTIzOGowajGoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Agatha Christies Miss Marple also easy to watch and some well known British actors and great settings and filming.

47 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

I have only watch the first 2 episodes ---but quite good. Same people who done Broadchurch

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Watched Platform 7 ....4 parts--she is a Ghost who wanders around the railway station  (and beyond) trying to work out did she jump or was she pushed.......nothing wonderful.....watchable if your bored.

Thanks @oxo1947. Downloading Fool Me Once now from TGx.

16 minutes ago, gargamon said:

I prefer the amount I paid. 0 baht. Great compared the ripoff 160 baht blurayshop. Haven't watched season 2 yet but season 1 was quite enjoyable. 

Did you get your own physical copy of the 2 season blurays in a boxed set? Thought not.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

And on Netflix, thanks!