Our Fearless Leader

sierra01

It looks like Mr T has lost the few marbles he had left, quote from the front page of the Bangkok Post online today;

ASTRAL INFLUENCES

PM still won't talk, cancels press briefings

After speaking volumes at international forums, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was back in silent mode yesterday. He insisted he will not be commenting on anything until the alignment of the planets is back in his favour. He also cancelled his regular Thursday press conference until next year.

``Mercury is aligned directly with my star. Mercury is no good,'' he said.

Mercury would not be clear of his star until next year.

``You will have to wait until this year is over,'' he said on his return to Bangkok, and thanked waiting reporters who had hoped for comment.

Comments?

It looks like Mr T has lost the few marbles he had left, quote from the front page of the Bangkok Post online today;

ASTRAL INFLUENCES

PM still won't talk, cancels press briefings

After speaking volumes at international forums, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra was back in silent mode yesterday. He insisted he will not be commenting on anything until the alignment of the planets is back in his favour. He also cancelled his regular Thursday press conference until next year.

``Mercury is aligned directly with my star. Mercury is no good,'' he said.

Mercury would not be clear of his star until next year.

``You will have to wait until this year is over,'' he said on his return to Bangkok, and thanked waiting reporters who had hoped for comment.

Comments?

Sorry - got to do it before someone else beats me to it...

The correct response from the press would be, "Prime Minister, can you please alert us when Mercury is in line with Uranus?"

Sad, I know... :o

Either that or he's taken a leaf out of Junior Bush's book...

I think I read somewhere that he has done the least television press conferences for a US President since TV was invented (and I don't mean ThaiVisa)

Simple really - if you don't allow anyone to ask you a question, how can you give a wrong answer?

There again, if he keeps quiet he can't shoot himself in the foot, again, and again, and again, he's one smart cookie!

Classic! He doesn't need to speak though - saw him on BBC World earlier today on his visit to China... Took some time out of trying to keep his foot out of his mouth by indulging in a bit of cycling with the Chinese Olympic team...

I swear, it was like watching something out of a circus - performing chimp on a bike anyone?

:o

There again, if he keeps quiet he can't shoot himself in the foot, again, and again, and again, he's one smart cookie!

Classic! He doesn't need to speak though - saw him on BBC World earlier today on his visit to China... Took some time out of trying to keep his foot out of his mouth by indulging in a bit of cycling with the Chinese Olympic team...

I swear, it was like watching something out of a circus - performing chimp on a bike anyone?

Interesting, Hu JinTao declined to appear at a joint news conference.

The Chinese are subtle and understand not giving face.

Either that or he's taken a leaf out of Junior Bush's book...

I think I read somewhere that he has done the least television press conferences for a US President since TV was invented (and I don't mean ThaiVisa)

Simple really - if you don't allow anyone to ask you a question, how can you give a wrong answer?

wrong on that one. He has done the least in washington but if you count press meetings at his ranch and his other places he has done more than clinton. since he blows off the d.c. press-they try to get that out there. Local press gets more attention down in his ranch.

and many other asians don't do it.....

no it is not wrong, it is only simply stupid....

It is quite normal for Asian people to heed the stars' warnings.

Just because you don't understand doesn't mean that is is wrong.

Many leader in India, especially stay in bed for days because of the warning from their astrologers.

quote=2long,2005-11-22 11:15:15]

Is it too much to ask for a leader to be able to answer questions, regardless of whether he/she thinks that the stars and planets are alligned in a favourable way?

Sorry, which century are we in?

:D

Just read that item on the CNN news here in the states.

You may think it's silly, but I for one wish we could get the Bush-Baby to worry about how his stars were lined up. Then maybe he would keep his stupid mouth shut for a whole year until his stars were "aligned properly".

Many leader in India, especially stay in bed for days because of the warning from their astrologers.

Cause it's wrong. This is the leader of a country we are talking about, not someone choosing lotery numbers!

It's totally unacceptable for a PM to refuse to talk for 6 weeks.

Luckily all this does is cement into peoples heads what a useless leader this is.

A leader that only talks when things are good is a leader not worth having.

This will do him more harm than good though, and once again it's Thailands international image that is taking a battering.

How much longer is TRT and MR T allowed to make Thailand the laughing stock of Asia.

In the last few weeks he has made many outsiders believe Thailand is full of people who follow the stars and eat dogs and tigers.

Bloody disgrace!

The leader is supposed to set an example!

When people fight for something they never had from a government one emotion is generated.

When people lose something that had from a government another more primal emoting is generated.

In the last 2 weeks I think we have seen what was bubbling and festering just below the surface in the T. Government finally break the surface with the censoring and direct attacks on vocal people.

I think you will see a series of events unfold in the coming weeks that will much resemble a cornered animal. I think we can find without looking too far back recent events in other countries that mirror what will be coming. Keep your cameras loaded and ready, there is the smell of history in the making.

When people fight for something they never had from a government one emotion is generated.

When people lose something that had from a government another more primal emoting is generated.

In the last 2 weeks I think we have seen what was bubbling and festering just below the surface in the T. Government  finally break the surface with the censoring and direct attacks on vocal people.

I think you will see a series of events unfold in the coming weeks that will much resemble a cornered animal. I think we can find without looking too far back recent events in other countries that mirror what will be coming. Keep your cameras loaded and ready, there is the smell of history in the making.

Who is fighting? Thais?

Maybe down south they have some fighting.

Thaksin is the leader, voted into the office, nothing can change that other than his personal reasons.

He is accepted and appreciated (by other countries) and on his way to be the leader of the region.

In my farang, Thailand could not have a better leader than him at this time.

I would say that, Thais have confirmed my opinion. There were elections February this year.

But, as the oppositions says - his "to do" list is getting too long.

but on the other side, how many people would be happy in my homecountry if the leaders would shut their mouth for a few weeks (I am not telling where I come from....)

Cause it's wrong. This is the leader of a country we are talking about, not someone choosing lotery numbers!

It's totally unacceptable for a PM to refuse to talk for 6 weeks.

Luckily all this does is cement into peoples heads what a useless leader this is.

A leader that only talks when things are good is a leader not worth having.

This will do him more harm than good though, and once again it's Thailands international image that is taking a battering.

How much longer is TRT and MR T allowed to make Thailand the laughing stock of Asia.

In the last few weeks he has made many outsiders believe Thailand is full of people who follow the stars and eat dogs and tigers.

Bloody disgrace!

The leader is supposed to set an example!