Red-Shirt Leader Kwanchai To Campaign For Thaksin's Amnesty

webfact

Red-shirt Leader to Campaign for Thaksin's Amnesty

The leader of the We Love Udon group plans to rally up 200,000 signatures for a petition in support of an amnesty bill for former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, paving the way for him to return home.

We Love Udon leader Kwanchai Praiphana says the group will soon launch a campaign to collecdt 200,000 signatures for a petition for a royal amnesty for former premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

He's confident residents in the northeastern region are ready to give their support for Thaksin's amnesty.

In fact, Kwanchai is confident the 200,000 signatures will be collected in only a few days.

The Udon Thani red-shirt leader then cited an earlier attempt to collect signatures to support a royal pardon decree for Thaksin when they were able to collect as many as 400,000 signatures.

While many fear that the initiative by the red-shirt camp could lead to more street protests, Kwanchai said red-shirt supporters will take their cue from the Pheu Thai Party.

He reiterated that the Pheu Thai Party must deliver on its campaign promise to the people in the Northeast to initiate an amnesty drive to pave the way for the self-exiled premier to return home.

Kwanchai believes the key to bring Thaksin home is the amnesty drive for Thaksin after the push for a royal pardon decree had fallen through.

Earlier this month, the Pheu Thai-led coalition attracted much of the public's ire when they tried to push for a secret passing of a royal decree draft.

The draft was believed to containe clauses that would allow persons convicted of corruption to be granted a royal pardon without having to serve any of the jail term.

The justice minister later came out and denied the royal pardon draft had been amended to benefit Thaksin.

Kwanchai has threatened to mobilize hundreds of thousands of red-shirt people in 20 northeastern residents to protest against the multi-colored shirt group and other anti-Thaksin groups if they don't stop their protest against the amnesty campaign.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-11-29

footer_n.gif

Kwanchai has threatened to mobilize hundreds of thousands of red-shirt people in 20 northeastern residents to protest against the multi-colored shirt group and other anti-Thaksin groups if they don't stop their protest against the amnesty campaign.

Yay for Red Democracy.

Since PT failed with their attempt, Thaksin has now pressed the red button. Stand by for the usual forum suspects to shift from their position held yesterday (it isn't about Thaksin, the reds are a separate force)to today's position of Thaksin should be allowed back, he has the popular support, he isn't a crook, he's no worse a crook and so on. Roll on Thaksin cheerleader Groundhog Day.

The Red Shirts have already submitted an Individual Royal Pardon petition that is being processed, although it's actually moot because it doesn't comply with the legal requirement that it is submitted by the convicted himself or his off-spring.

The Yingluck government has already submitted a Collective Royal Pardon that is being processed, although they claim it doesn't include Thaksin.

Is Kwanchai suggesting a new Individual Royal Pardon for Thaksin? If so, does it include, in Thaksin's case, one of the only four authorized signatures legally required to request it?

Or is Kwanchai suggesting a new Collective Royal Pardon be submitted by Yingluck's government.

Based on the OP:

He reiterated that the Pheu Thai Party must deliver on its campaign promise to the people in the Northeast to initiate an amnesty drive to pave the way for the self-exiled premier to return home.

it would seem he's suggesting the latter, in which case, it could be done in December 2012.

If Pheu Thai fails in their promise to the Red Shirts (as they have with numerous other campaign promises), will the Red Shirts riot in the streets to bring down the Pheu Thai government?

Yay for Red Democracy.

I don't understand your comment!?

Anti- Thaksin groups are protesting against the amnesty and Kwanchai wants to protest against them...

Apart from the fact, that they all act like little children...how is that a special red democracy?

Yay for Red Democracy.

Anti- Thaksin groups are protesting against the amnesty and Kwanchai wants to protest against them...

Apart from the fact, that they all act like little children...how is that a special red democracy?

It's a standard red shirt threat which they have carried out a number of times.

- During the yellow shirt protests with grenades being lobbed.

- During the red shirt protests when others were going to protest at neutral locations, the red shirts threatened to confront them.

- During the red shirt protests when the multi-coloured shirts were attacked with grenades.

It's the standard "We're allowed to protest, but if anyone else does, we'll attack them".

Yay for Red Democracy.

- During the red shirt protests when others were going to protest at neutral locations, the red shirts threatened to confront them.

- During the red shirt protests when the multi-coloured shirts were attacked with grenades.

It's the standard "We're allowed to protest, but if anyone else does, we'll attack them".

Correct me, if I am wrong please, but ...I can not read "attack" anywhere...

Demonstration- Counter- demonstration!

I am not saying, that it may not end in a clash, but...

History shows that it leads to "attack".

Yay for Red Democracy.

If the Red Shirt camp want to protest the government's position, that is one thing. However, protesting to deny the rights of others to protest isn't democratic. Hence, Red Democracy! Can't really see what's not to understand?

Yay for Red Democracy.

If the Red Shirt camp want to protest the government's position, that is one thing. However, protesting to deny the rights of others to protest isn't democratic. Hence, Red Democracy! Can't really see what's not to understand?

They say they will protest against that.

In other words: protest against protests that are against Thaksins amnesty.

It doesn't say, they deny the right to protest against Thaksins amnesty.

They will simply hold a counter demonstration.

Nothing undemocratic about it, IMO.

Yeeeeeeeeeees...it is likely to happen otherwise...but that remains to be seen.

Period.

They say they will protest against that.

In other words: protest against protests that are against Thaksins amnesty.

It doesn't say, they deny the right to protest against Thaksins amnesty.

They will simply hold a counter demonstration.

Nothing undemocratic about it, IMO.

Yeeeeeeeeeees...it is likely to happen otherwise...but that remains to be seen.

Period.

Red Shirt history has shown that it does happen.

The Red Shirts have already submitted an Individual Royal Pardon petition that is being processed, although it's actually moot because it doesn't comply with the legal requirement that it is submitted by the convicted himself or his off-spring.

The Yingluck government has already submitted a Collective Royal Pardon that is being processed, although they claim it doesn't include Thaksin.

Is Kwanchai suggesting a new Individual Royal Pardon for Thaksin? If so, does it include, in Thaksin's case, one of the only four authorized signatures legally required to request it?

Or is Kwanchai suggesting a new Collective Royal Pardon be submitted by Yingluck's government.

Based on the OP:

it would seem he's suggesting the latter, in which case, it could be done in December 2012.

If Pheu Thai fails in their promise to the Red Shirts (as they have with numerous other campaign promises), will the Red Shirts riot in the streets to bring down the Pheu Thai government?

I fail to see the point with these clowns.

Let the government pardon Thaksin. Put it in the constitution "Thaksin is not guilty, no matter what he has done, and every court that has sentenced him shall stay in the red reeducation camp for 10 years".

They can change the constitution to whatever they want, so why they are dancing around it?

What about annexing Udonland so that the boy wonder can come back and be the ruler in.......what shall we call the northeastern land ? How does Thaksinland sound? Then the Reds can have there own special brand of democracy and the rest of Thailand can live in peace and prosper.:rolleyes:

I wonder what sort of a retainer this Udon chappie is on and if he gets bonus if Mr T comes back? Easy to get 200,000 x's espeacially at 4am in the morning ( "you want sleep ? Sign this or you might have an accident")

What about annexing Udonland so that the boy wonder can come back and be the ruler in.......what shall we call the northeastern land ? How does Thaksinland sound? Then the Reds can have there own special brand of democracy and the rest of Thailand can live in peace and prosper.:rolleyes:

I wonder what sort of a retainer this Udon chappie is on and if he gets bonus if Mr T comes back? Easy to get 200,000 x's espeacially at 4am in the morning ( "you want sleep ? Sign this or you might have an accident")

I think calling it Laos sounds better.

So if I can get (by whatever means) 1/300th of the population to sign a petition, my multiple to myriad crimes should be forgotten and forgiven? ::o

And this is as per Constitution Clause number..................? :huh:

Edited by OzMick

History shows that it leads to "attack".

Kwanchai's history, in particular, has shown it leads to attacks on opposing protesters.

So if I can get (by whatever means) 1/300th of the population to sign a petition, my multiple to myriad crimes should be forgotten and forgiven? :oAnd this is as per constitution Clause number..................? :huh:

It's a Royal Pardon they are seeking.

The 200,000, or the 3 million earlier, are wholly unnecessary, and besides, don't fit the criteria.

The only people in the world that can legally request a Royal Pardon for Thaksin are one of these.

_42993383_thaksin203_ap.jpg

oak2.jpg

89652.jpg

ohmygoodness.jpg

The last who has been crying for the past 2 and a half years:

Paetongtarn Shinawatra Cries: I Want Dad To Be Home

well, Paetongtarn, just sign on the dotted line if you're serious.

Why prolong the inevitable?

What, the return or throwing him out a second time (if he's lucky)?

Or maybe the return of red violence?

No, he means the inevitable civil war that result from Thaksin's return.

Personally, I think it is essential we prolong that as long as possible. Some reds here may thirst for blood, but I would rather things stay basically non violent for as long as they can. History makes it quite obvious that the only thing which will mobilize the anti Thaksin forces is the threat of Thaksin himself. Eliminate him, and most people would simply find a way to resolve their differences.

No, he means the inevitable civil war that result from Thaksin's return.

Personally, I think it is essential we prolong that as long as possible. Some reds here may thirst for blood, but I would rather things stay basically non violent for as long as they can. History makes it quite obvious that the only thing which will mobilize the anti Thaksin forces is the threat of Thaksin himself. Eliminate him, and most people would simply find a way to resolve their differences.

Exactly. Where were the street protests against the current government when they won the election? Where are the grenade and bomb attacks? Where are the fanatics making speeches and mobilising their paid support to occupy and burn Bangkok? There are none. This government has been left to get on with the business of trying to run the country and either succeed or fail according to their own actions. The opposition has limited itself to the parliamentary process in monitoring and censuring the government's moves. What will change this? As seen by the reaction to the attempt to pardon Thaksin, that would do so. The PAD would mobilise, the multicoloured shirts would mobilise, the reds would counter mobilise and back we'd go to blood on the streets. What makes one man so special that he is worth the resulting deaths and economic destruction? Answers anyone?

Isn't kwanchai the guy who recently said thaksin had ordered a number of very big pumps from Korea?