Bangkok Bank Testing New Sms Alerts Feature?

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4875563

Do any other banks have full SMS alerts available?

I think K-bank may have what you are looking for at 20 baht/account/month: ...........Complete details here: http://www.kasikornb...tion_Alert.aspx

ian/dave, does BBK offer more thorough sms alert feature, even if paid? One of the most interesting reads from the K-bank page was that you could adjust the alert trigger amount to any amount you desire. BBK has the debit card alert trigger amount hard-coded to 1,000 baht. Can this be increased/decreased upon request?

Hi 4evermaat,

We constantly review our products, including Alerts, and 2012 should see a wide range of new functions for customers in all areas. As you have noted the current offering is free, although some alerts (SMS for example) cost the banks hard cash to provide. If you look at the US And the UK the leading alerts solutions provide a wide range of triggers and delivery options, and it is these we are looking at as a best practice model.

I noticed I received no SMS alert when somebody sent me over 1000 baht last night. I called bangkok bank and they confirm this SMS alert only apply to outside thailand transfers :( . money deposits within thailand did not count (altough online/atm the sender has option to add thai mobile phone of 1 person and you choose the language). Then I ask if BBK was going to have new/upgraded SMS service, the lady informed me of a beta service called "SMS 2 way". She said for now it is free.

Funny, when I was at atm to change pin for new debit card and was adding alerts, I noticed a new feature called SMS 2 way. I checked my other debit card to see if the option was there at the same menu, but it wasn't. So I dismissed what I saw with the first card (line forming and I had to go anyway). I'll be heading back to the atm tomorrow to enroll (i'll take both atm cards just in case).

Can ian/dave/anyone elaborate on this new feature? No details on BBK web pages, would like to know any special setup options. Figured this deserved its own thread.B)

I made two international transfers last week with them and never received any sms alert when the sum reached my account here.

did you sign up for SMS alerts at the ATM or via phone?

when i make purchase at tesco, I receive SMS alert. I make transfer from overseas before, but was not signed up previously to sms alerts.

I made two international transfers last week with them and never received any sms alert when the sum reached my account here.

A possible explanation is that the funds came into Thailand via a third bank. That bank then transferred local currency to your account which the system would not recognise as an International transfer. If you want me to check your details please PM me.

This is a basic kind of SMS banking which is not currently in a public launch. So you will not see it on the website. I can get somebody to contact you on it but we will not announce any product until we are ready to support our entire customer base. Lots more to come in the Mobile space in 2012.

Dave is best positioned to help you on the 1,000 Baht transaction with no SMS alert.

Thanks for your PM. I will get back to you on that separately.

Ian

Edited by ianguygil

This is a basic kind of SMS banking which is not currently in a public launch. So you will not see it on the website. I can get somebody to contact you on it but we will not announce any product until we are ready to support our entire customer base. Lots more to come in the Mobile space in 2012.

Dave is best positioned to help you on the 1,000 Baht transaction with no SMS alert.

Thanks for your PM. I will get back to you on that separately.

Ian

I signed up. The ATM machine said that 3 baht per SMS is to be charged for SMS 2 way. Is this in the future, or right now? My understanding is that it is free from bangkok bank's end for now (i must pay sms to bkk, but I already have SMS package with AIS 1-2 call).

According to the SMS, this two way service is primarily to request information via SMS about last 3 transactions and check balance. I did both and within 40 seconds I got correct responses to both :jap:. Are there any other features that were not listed in the welcome SMS that are available to the user?