Travel Warning For Thailand

OZEMADE

HomeTravel AdviceThailand

Thailand overall

Areas surrounding the PraViharn (also known as Preah Vihear), Ta Kwai and Ta Muen Thom temples onThai-Cambodia border

Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat andSongkhla

• Exercise normal safety precautions
  • Exercise a high degree of caution
  • Reconsider your need to travel
  • Do not travel

Latest update

This Advice was last issued on Wednesday, 30 November 2011. This advice has been reviewed and reissued. It contains new information in the Summary and under Natural Disasters, Severe Weather and Climate (new information on floods affecting Bangkok and other parts of Thailand). The level of the advice for Bangkok and flood affected provinces has been lowered to High degree of caution. The overall level of the advice has not changed.

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Thailand

I understand the Oz Govt. is protecting its own backside, But much of the advice is pure Bullershit. I live in Ban Kruat and regularly take tourists To the Ta Muen Complex. There is absolutely NO problem there,and has been none for many months now. In fact ,there are no signs of any Cambodians on the "border",where ever it may be. in the past , I took tourists there ,who walked into "Cambodia" and had there photos taken with Cambodians.Since the recent elections, relations with Cambodia have dramatically improved. So much so ,that the Market selling Cambodian goods , re-opened 3 weeks ago -No visa required. Wonderful. I go every Wednesday. Into Cambodia. and the Cambodians come into The Thai side to do their shopping, At the Thai Market. It is superbly organised and controlled, and everybody , Thais ,Cambodians AND Farangs have a lovely time. My sincere thanks to Ms.Yingluck and her Government for such a wonderful achievement.

I understand the Oz Govt. is protecting its own backside, But much of the advice is pure Bullershit. I live in Ban Kruat and regularly take tourists To the Ta Muen Complex. There is absolutely NO problem there,and has been none for many months now. In fact ,there are no signs of any Cambodians on the "border",where ever it may be. in the past , I took tourists there ,who walked into "Cambodia" and had there photos taken with Cambodians.Since the recent elections, relations with Cambodia have dramatically improved. So much so ,that the Market selling Cambodian goods , re-opened 3 weeks ago -No visa required. Wonderful. I go every Wednesday. Into Cambodia. and the Cambodians come into The Thai side to do their shopping, At the Thai Market. It is superbly organised and controlled, and everybody , Thais ,Cambodians AND Farangs have a lovely time. My sincere thanks to Ms.Yingluck and her Government for such a wonderful achievement.

I dont write the sh*t its a warning/travel advise as of today. In fact the warning was decreased today from what the previous one read.

I dont write the sh*t its a warning/travel advise as of today. In fact the warning was decreased today from what the previous one read.

But you did write the sensationalist headline, correct? If it was a downgrade it hardly deserved that headline, maybe not even a mention at all. I for one would not have read the thread if I knew the nature of the "warning".

But you did write the sensationalist headline, correct? If it was a downgrade it hardly deserved that headline, maybe not even a mention at all. I for one would not have read the thread if I knew the nature of the "warning".

sensationalist headline?:blink:

the title for the post is hardy sensationalist... a sensationalist headline would be - Thailand DANGER! Warning To Tourists About Your High Chance To DIE in Thailand!

Liiving outside the SYSTEM for the past 15 years I have developed a pretty good radar for information that is both credible and useful. It goes something like this:

1. Ditch the TV. Entertainment and News can be obtained on the web and viewed on a large flatcreen monitor with superb sound-Free and by my choice.
  2. Do not register with any embassy. All governments employ the mushroom treatment. I am not a mushroom farmer.
  3. When I am travelling to a new place, province/state or country I contact locals living there for an update on whatever...including local accomodation rates. Social networks are excellent for this.
  4. I am responsible for me and my love ones. I don't delegate this responsibility to ANY third party.
  5. I wear the following T shirt whenever I attend official gatherings (Rarely) "I don't need sex. My government fuc_ks me everyday."

Works for me. :whistling:

sensationalist headline?:blink:

the title for the post is hardy sensationalist... a sensationalist headline would be - Thailand DANGER! Warning To Tourists About Your High Chance To DIE in Thailand!

So if I write a headline like "Tsunami in Thailand"

and in the body of the story I say "Less chance today than yesterday". That would make sense to you?

I say it is sensationalizing a non event. Judging by the number of responses I would say you and I were a couple of the few fools that actually got sucked in by it.

so whats your point?