Good Accessible Area To Stay In Chiang Rai For A Few Days

tfc

I'm coming up to Chiang Rai for a few days and wanted to know what a good area is to stay where it's easy to walk around, get food etc. Where I live in Chiang Mai is a predominantly Thai area with very few tourists which is great for what I want for living but it took a while to get to know the area and my way around and I won't be having such a long time in Chiang Rai so I'm looking for an area more similar to the old town area of Chiang Mai ie. easy to walk around, get to different eateries and hire a bike. (By the way, bars aren't really my thing, I'm mainly a foodie).

Any suggestions for good places to stay for a few nights would be appreciated too if anyone has ideas. Budget anywhere between 800-1500 baht/night approx.

Diamond Park Resort in Chiang Rai is new and centrally located within close walking distance of Central Chiang Rai.

Do not confuse it with the older sister hotel called Diamond Park Inn.

Resort hasa swimming pool and nice spacious rooms.

Priced about 1,000 to 1,500 per nite.

There are also a lot of guest houses in the central area, but not nearly as nice.

And a few more expensive hotels central city, but not worth it.

Los more inexpensive nice hotels further out from the central area, but not good if you don't want to be out more than a kilometer from city center.

If you are looking for a clean but basic hotel about 5-10 minutes walk to the nightmarkets etc I would recomend the Morning Dew Lodge at 85 Ban Prakan Road , Very impressed . Wish i could find more hotels in other towns as good and at a similar price.

If you don't need luxury: Baan Bua Guest House. Surrounded by tropical greenery, Baan Bua Guest House offers budget accommodation with free Wi-Fi and free parking in Chiang Rai’s city centre. It features a tour desk and bicycle rental. Cheap, clean, quiet, cozy atmosphere and centrally located.

Jansom house on Jetyod road as well as orcid VERY central, Not too many bars here, except on Jetyod.

There is a YMCA on the superhighway just north of thr river and D town inn just north of King Men Rai statue. around 500 Baht or so depends on season.

Still dry here no floods and cool weather.

Good walking street on Sat and now another one on Sundays, Night Bizzar is same same.

Good western foods are at the La Merdian (nice Sunday brunch) A place on Hasamitr Road called Thai- Tex on the road to the La Mmeridian and the sports park, good Thai as well as good western food and fantastic Big Dog burger and HUGE fresh fries. Sometimes Itialian, sometimes Mexican, good food at some bars on Jetyod, hotel buffets only OK

Here a link to Restaurants and Bars in Chiang Rai.

And here is the link for hotels, Guesthouses and "What to see" and " What to do" in Chiang Rai.

;):huh::unsure:

The Family Bakery Steak House is closed now and it has never in its existence

been in the middle of nowhere north of the Mae Kok River, where it still is on this map.

Also the Tree House restaurant is not located on the place where it was before (it is

renamed in Ban Klang Wiang in the mean time), but at least one block further.

I didn't check other addresses, but is it really so that everybody can decide where

places supposedly are located?

This map is a great thing for people living here and also for those who are visiting

our town. Svenivan put a lot of time in it to get it going and I would like to ask

everybody for respect and co-operation.

Even if you would have a restaurant yourself, it wouldn't be appropriate to move your

competitors to places where they can't be found. If you want to share the location of

a good place and you don't know exactly where it is, just mention it in the thread and

somebody will take care of it.

It's a superb idea Svenivan and thanks for getting it on the rails!

Limbo :yohan: