Anyone Able To Match Vbulletin With Main Site?

Drew Aitch

Just wondering if anyone reading this has a working knowledge of the vBulletin SW? Basically, I want the forum to blend in seamlessly with the main site. Here's a summary of the details:

1. Forum uses my header (which is the same as main site)

2. Forum uses my forum background image

3. Forum has transparent background behind forum headers

That's it. This is just a cosmetic change to the appearance of the forum so that it blends in perfectly with the main site's theme. I'm guessing it's easier said than done having just experienced a total bodge-job from the last freelancer that had a go and failed miserably :(

Cheers

Aitch

Thanks for the resplies folks.

That's the main issue with freelancers as most advertise they have full credentials to do something but in the end they can't

Ain't that the truth! Almost 8 years online and not a single recommendation. And even when you do find someone who's competent, most overshoot their deadlines by weeks, or months even, on larger dynamic projects, and guess what? Paying higher prices doesn't always guarantee you a better job.

Anyhow, are you looking for free or paid service?

Oh I always pay for services and mostly pay for products. Can't be doing with owing favours to anyone for anything ;)

doesn't vB provide tech support ?

Yes it does. Tech support is mainly for fixing errors or guiding folks to various help files. Changing their forums can be done with various skins, but i'm not looking for a new fixed skin, just a tweaked new and unique look to match the theme of the site.

I certainly don't want a forum as bland and as 1970's in appearance as this one that TV uses (no disrespects guys). You see, when you have a new project it's crucial to be mindful that there's never a second chance to make that first impression to new visitors, and so 'just another bog standard forum' won't cut it ;)

Anyhow, I might have found my man at last. He's in Canada and has 6 years full-time experience working with vBulletin. Let's hope he delivers because this is forum Guru #3 and it all starts to get a bit costly after a while :(

Cheers

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch