90 Day Reporting On A Retirement.

I was recently granted a retirement extension to my Multi O.

The multi O was due to expire on Dec 26 2011, and the retirement extension is marked in my passport as expiring on Dec 26 2012.

However, my first 90 day leave to stay dates from 30 Nov 2011, when the extension was granted.

My final 90 day report is therefore going to expire sometime in October 2012.

Do I need to renew my retirement extension in the days before the final 90 days finishes, or in the days before the retirement extension

finishes, ie before Dec 26 2012?

Thank you.

They are two different things. there is no final 90 days.

Do your 90 days in October, then renewal of extension in the last few weeks before it (your extension) runs out, your new 90 day will be in January sometime.

The 90 days go on and on, not according to your extension dates.

Edited by beano2274

Your last 90 day report on your current exrension is, as you said, sometime in October . You must renew your extension before 26 December 2012 (usually within the last 30 days before the current extension expires). When you renew your extension in December, they will give you a new report date 90 days from the date that they process your renewal.

Edited by wayned

Your last 90 day report on your current exrension is, as you said, sometime in October . You must renew your extension in December (usually within the last 30 days) before the current extension expires. When you renew your extension in December, they will give you a new report date 90 days from the date that they process your renewal.

Wrong.

reporting for extension is not the same thing as 90 day reporting. For the very first extension the officer who gives you the extension puts a slip in the passport telling you when to report for 90 days.

Edited by beano2274

Your last 90 day report on your current exrension is, as you said, sometime in October . You must renew your extension in December (usually within the last 30 days) before the current extension expires. When you renew your extension in December, they will give you a new report date 90 days from the date that they process your renewal.

Wrong.

reporting for extension is not the same thing as 90 day reporting. For the very first extension the officer who gives you the extension puts a slip in the passport telling you when to report for 90 days.

What I said is RIGHT!

His first 90 day report is 90 days from 30 Novemeber when he was granted his extension and there should be a slip stapled in his passport with the date, about 28 February 2012. If he looks forward, his last 90 day reporting date on his current extension will occur sometime in late October or early November depending on the date he goes to do his reports. He was asking whether he had to renew his extension before the last report date on his current extension or before the actual extension expires on 26 December 2012. I told him that it had to be renewed within 30 days of the expiration of his current extension which is 26 December 2012!

Wrong.

What I said is RIGHT!

His first 90 day report is 90 days from 30 Novemeber when he was granted his extension and there should be a slip stapled in his passport with the date, about 28 February 2012. If he looks forward, his last 90 day reporting date on his current extension will occur sometime in late October or early November depending on the date he goes to do his reports. He was asking whether he had to renew his extension before the last report date on his current extension or before the actual extension expires on 26 December 2012. I told him that it had to be renewed within 30 days of the expiration of his current extension which is 26 December 2012!

Sorry but you said "When you renew your extension in December, they will give you a new report date 90 days from the date that they process your renewal" I read it wrong.

When you said 90 days I automatically thought you meant 90 day reporting.

You mean a 90 day under consideration for the renewal, but you get 30 days, and on a retirement visa it is approved immediately. Added - as is my understanding (I get 30 days for an extension based on marriage)

Apologies for the misunderstanding

Edited by beano2274

Actually 90 day reports are only due if you are in Thailand for 90 days so there is no advance due date set in stone and any exit/return will reset the clock. Also at most locations the new date will be 90 days from the date you report so if you report early or later it will vary your next reporting date.

November 30 appears to be the date he applied/received extension of stay for retirement so is also his first address report date. So reporting is allowed plus 15 to minus 7 and the next report will have the same requirement (but stamp will indicate 90 days from last actual report date).

Wrong.

I think there is no right or wrong just which office you go to. Up here in Udon they give you a new 90 day report date when extending.

Wrong.

What I said is RIGHT!

Sorry but you said "When you renew your extension in December, they will give you a new report date 90 days from the date that they process your renewal" I read it wrong.

When you said 90 days I automatically thought you meant 90 day reporting.

You mean a 90 day under consideration for the renewal, but you get 30 days, and on a retirement visa it is approved immediately. Added - as is my understanding (I get 30 days for an extension based on marriage)

Apologies for the misunderstanding

He is renewing his extension for retirement purposes in December. He has to do it within 30 days of the current expiration date of his current retirement extension stamped in his passport as 26 December 2012. I know that there is no "under consideration period for retirement extensions" Unless the procedure differs from office to office, on the day that he gets his new extension they will staple a new "90 day report slip" in his passport that will require him to report back on or before the date stamped on the slip - 90 days. I think that we are confusing each other and I'm certain that we are confusing him. The bottom line is that the controlling date for extension pruposes is 26 December 2012. He must extend his permission to stay -usually within 30 days- before that date irrespective of the date is on his last 90 day report slip.

Edited by wayned

Most offices do not attach a reporting slip except for the first extension of stay (and they may not even then). Only the first extension of stay counts as a 90 day address report. Several offices have tried to sync on renewal of extension but this is not normal and not done in Bangkok (and does not work if you travel). They are entirely different items.

Most offices do not attach a reporting slip except for the first extension of stay (and they may not even then). Only the first extension of stay counts as a 90 day address report. Several offices have tried to sync on renewal of extension but this is not normal and not done in Bangkok (and does not work if you travel). They are entirely different items.

I've done mine in Tak, Korat and Nakhon Sawan and all three did it that way. I assumed that it was standard but should know by now that nothing is. Sorry if I confused the issue.

In my office (Nonthaburi) when you do your extension nothing about 90 days is done, as for them it is 2 seperate issues. This has been the case every time I have extended there, and the last one was my 4th extension.

Edited by beano2274

"Do I need to renew my retirement extension in the days before the final 90 days finishes, or in the days before the retirement extension finishes, ie before Dec 26 2012"

OP, renew your extension 30 days prior to the date your retirement extension finishes, 26 Dec 2012.

That appears to be your only question.

OP, FYI, your date for reporting your address (90 day report) is not right.

But, I'm not even sure that's what you're talking about. I think you're still thinking about 'permission to stay', when that was taken care of until 27 Dec 2012 by the extension.

The 90 day (address) report being discussed has nothing to do with the multiple entry visa you had. That is now gone.

What you need to do now is report your address to immigration every 90 days that you continue living here without leaving.

A simple form. No fee involved. Some offices allow the report by mail.

"My final 90 day report is therefore going to expire sometime in October 2012."

That's a lot more than 90 days from your last address report, or even from today.

PS

If you are planning on leaving the country, be sure to get a re-entry permit prior to traveling. That will keep your permission to stay (26 Dec 2012) alive. Otherwise you lose it.

Edited by TerryLH

Thanks to everyone.

My understanding now is this.

I must apply for a further extension in the 30 days before Dec 26 2012, when my current extension expires.

That seems pretty clear.

I must report every 90 days until then, which means 5 reports, the final one to take me from sometime in October to

my next extension start date.

I'm assuming I don't leave the country for simplicity.

Yes?

Your extension of stay will not be a 90 day report unless you fill out a TM.47 and it is accepted (or use whatever is in effect at that time). At most locations next 90 day report will be due in 90 days if you do not travel - regardless of any extensions of stay or re-entry permit or any other visits to immigration. It is a separate process after the initial extension of stay application.