Christmas Decorations, Festive Food Etc. Availability In Tesco, Big C, Rim Ping?

lisu

Hi all,

I'm driving over to Chiang Mai in the next week or so, hopefully to stock up on Christmas stuff - decorations, a tree, festive food etc. I understand that stock in the supermarkets (Tesco Lotus, Big C etc.) is not up to the normal levels due to the floods in Bangkok, and in previous years they have usually had in stock by now "New Year" trees, tinsel, decorations and so on. So I'm just wandering if anyone may have spotted anything yet in Tesco Lotus, Big C (previously Carrefour), Rim Ping (San Sai) - anything being imitation trees, mince pies, or anything related to seasonal festivities? Not necessarily in those three shops (although those are the places I'm familiar with) - any shop in the main CM area is fine.

Thank you kindly for any information, and/or pointers.

Hi,

Thanks so much for the replies so far - look slike we should be able to get some stuff then :)

Regarding Makro - is this the same as the UK in that you need a membership card in order to shop there, and in turn to get a membership card, a business?

Thanks again.

You can get a membership card at the service desk. There is no charge for the card. One does not have to have a business to shop there--the prices are the same for all types of customers.

Hi,

Thanks so much for the replies so far - look slike we should be able to get some stuff then :)

Regarding Makro - is this the same as the UK in that you need a membership card in order to shop there, and in turn to get a membership card, a business?

Thanks again.

Hi,

Thanks again.

Just ask at the Customer-Service Desk for a day-card/pass, no problem ! B)

For cheap Charlies (like me) the electronics shop - I think its called Amorn Electronics - that shares a car park with one of the three computer malls on the north side of the moat, the one furthest from Kaa Suan Kaew, has plastic Christmas trees for 199B up - there was a 6ft one for 299B, also have them for about 800B, Christmas decorations at cheap prices and Santa hats at 19 Baht.

Google maps location: 18.79594, 98.98142