Rat Meat A Delicacy

ableguy

I was horrified to read an article recently in the BKK post about live rats being exported from Cambodia to Vietnam where they are considered a cheap delicacy. It was stated that 17 tons of live rats are exported annually to Vietnam but the trade had slacked off due to the number of rats drowned in the recent flooding. I think this evil trade in our rodent friends must cease so what can we do. well first off we cannot cross into Cambodia as we could be arrested as spies or start a cross border shelling incident and I am not talking the pea pod variety. so what I have decided to do is pass this over to greenpeace to deal with. after all if they can handle Wales a country full of drunkards who think they can sing and play rugby ( but not at the same time ) surely they can save our rodent friends in Cambodia.

What about our Thai rat friends as surely they will look to Thailand to make up the numbers, I have decided to set up an organisation called PRATS IN THAILAND ( protect rats in Thailand ) with a sub branch PRATS IN BANGKOK ( protect rats in Bangkok ). I suggest we take all the used sandbags in Thailand and dump them in the gulf creating a man made atoll with blue plastic drainpipes layed at random to create a nice sewer enviroment and put all our rodent friends here to live a life that is secure. This will become a tourist attraction generating one point seven six trillion Baht per annum which will go into the government coffers ( less the usual 33 % ) and I vow we can do this in 30 days, further more as ten thousand tons of garbage are generated daily in Bangkok a large proportion of this will be waste from markets and restraunts a gourmet feast for our rodent friends, this refuse transported out daily to Rat Atoll will save the city one point two trillion baht per annum ( less the usual 45 %

Now to put this scheme into action my friends I need your help with cash donations and as this will be done in a transparent manner please put all donations in a clear plastic bag, the type food vendors use but not too many twists with the elastic band.. I will glady pick up all donations of 25,00 baht or more and for doations of one million baht or more the doner will recieve a wall plaque annoumcing you as a chief prat which can be proudly hung in your office or local bar. Remmember transparency = clarity which ryhmes with charity so give now. All surplus funds will go to some deserving girls from up North who struggle to support their families and I will see to this myself.

but..isn't it true about what they say about rat meat in Vietnam?...what about in the film Apocalypse Now where the narrator sez: 'charlie's idea of R n' R was some rat meat and cold rice...there were only two ways home for charlie: death or victory...'

it's just like they say in the film classes...many times 'suspension of disbelief' is required...my ex-wife attacked me with a knife once when I accused her of philistinism when she refused to suspend disbelief...domestic harmony shattered over a simple story-telling principle...:(

and then there's Renfield and the rats in Dracula...the list goes on and on...I saw rats as big as cats in a brothel in Jakarta and in a posh hotel 20 years ago in Harbin in NE China...fearsome creatures but tasty, apparently...

Edited by tutsiwarrior