Retirement Visa

I have to apply for my retirement visa on Jan 2nd 2012, but this is a holiday, does anyone know how long BEFORE it is due can you apply, do not want to go TOO EARLY and have to go back again.

Also is the new immigration at the government complex open yet.

Many Thanks for any help.

In general, not waiting until the last days is always advisable. That way, there is time to correct any correctable problems with less stress. I think most offices (or even all) will have no problem with 30 days early and Jomtien is known to welcome 60 days early with no excuse needed.

Some people are also under the erroneous impression that getting an extension early loses them time from their new annual permission to stay. But of course it does not, as no matter how early the extension is approved, the new one starts after the current permission ends.

Edited by Jingthing

In general, not waiting until the last days is always advisable. That way, there is time to correct any correctable problems with less stress. I think most offices (or even all) will have no problem with 30 days early and Jomtien is known to welcome 60 days early with no excuse needed.

Some people are also under the erroneous impression that getting an extension early loses them time from their new annual permission to stay. But of course it does not, as no matter how early the extension is approved, the new one starts after the current permission ends.

Jingthing.

Thankyou too.